10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josher View Post
    the one's that bothered me most were the deaths in P2 while just tanking Garrosh.
    I died few times yesterday when healers were getting MCed and were stunned/silenced by some zealous players for 4-6 seconds. After I started using DP for MCs and kept a finger on WoG button, deaths stopped. But yeah, for some reason he can drop me from 100% to 0% in like 2-3 seconds if I fuck up my ShoR timings (which I did few times).

The one's that were most notable were when Garrosh would just swing 3 times in P2 and I'd fall over. Sometimes in P1 when I had the boss, I would get aggro on some of the adds which did lead to some issues here and the one's that bothered me most were the deaths in P2 while just tanking Garrosh. Toon is Galinadria on US-Khadgar.
    I'd suggest to switch out of sacred into EF that does sort of help prevent that (extra 100-170k ticks every ~2 sec is nice)
    And personally i go DP for this fight over HA or SW just to smooth out dmg further (on our first kill i think i even had glyphed dp since magical damage was never an issue)

Anyway around this?
    dropping the http and the www should be enough to make links still work but no longer disabled by the forum rules ~

worldoflogs.com/reports/ji5welf3h2wyz1yy/details/43/

Here's the log

worldoflogs.com/reports/ji5welf3h2wyz1yy/details/43/

Here's the log
    It seems that come P2 your dps is lower than i'd expect and so is your HPS.

The reason for hps is probably just Sacred VS EF

The reason for dps is possibly how you guys handle tanking garrosh --> veng
    However, looking at you 8:49 pull and my 10:53 kill
    I had:
    Avenger shield 104 vs 62 (while i only had 5 more grand crusader procs)
    Judgement : 116 vs 60
    SotR : 100 vs 55

Now, my rotation could still be better, but it should point you in the right direction.

Some of the mechanics :
    I know that for my kills, i tank him for all of swirling (until it gets impowered in p3)
    Turn off righteous fury as soon as adds start to come out in P2/P3

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It seems that come P2 your dps is lower than i'd expect and so is your HPS.

The reason for hps is probably just Sacred VS EF

The reason for dps is possibly how you guys handle tanking garrosh --> veng
    However, looking at you 8:49 pull and my 10:53 kill
    I had:
    Avenger shield 104 vs 62 (while i only had 5 more grand crusader procs)
    Judgement : 116 vs 60
    SotR : 100 vs 55

Now, my rotation could still be better, but it should point you in the right direction.

Some of the mechanics :
    I know that for my kills, i tank him for all of swirling (until it gets impowered in p3)
    Turn off righteous fury as soon as adds start to come out in P2/P3
    If I don't have aggro on the boss during whirling, I back off. But aight. Are you just using more GCDs than I am or am I using wrong abilities?

If I don't have aggro on the boss during whirling, I back off. But aight. Are you just using more GCDs than I am or am I using wrong abilities?
    The WW is absolutely no problem even with 4 stacks of the dot if you have EF running, DP up and a ShoR for the first hit after the WW. We generally do 4-4-4 with me tanking before and after the WW.
    Ability usage doesn't look that bad you died well before the wipe after all so the numbers are consiquently about 25% lower than they should be so if you also consider the lower fight length the two of you are fairly close.

Don't have time to analyze your logs further atm but as it was already said you're most likely better of using EF over SS on that fight (or any other fight for that matter)

Here's the log
    Maybe try not using the dps cloak. Looking at the logs theres plenty of times you die to just regular melee dmg. Quoting Thecks twitter here should maybe help

Theck ‏TheckPhD 19 Sep

PSA: Use the goddamn tank cloak. 10N Garrosh hits for 450k. Cloak procced once for each tank on last week's kill.

Theck ‏TheckPhD 19 Sep

Without using the tank cloak, my guild probably wouldn't have killed Garrosh and wouldn't be starting heroics this week.

Theck ‏TheckPhD 19 Sep

Unless you can laugh off two 450k melees to the face, use the obscenely powerful tanking legendary that Blizzard has given you.

Yeah dps cloak on Garrosh progression is a really really really bad idea - fair game for pretty much every other normal mode boss though.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoix View Post
    Maybe try not using the dps cloak. Looking at the logs theres plenty of times you die to just regular melee dmg. Quoting Thecks twitter here should maybe help

Theck ‏TheckPhD 19 Sep

PSA: Use the goddamn tank cloak. 10N Garrosh hits for 450k. Cloak procced once for each tank on last week's kill.

Theck ‏TheckPhD 19 Sep

Without using the tank cloak, my guild probably wouldn't have killed Garrosh and wouldn't be starting heroics this week.

Theck ‏TheckPhD 19 Sep

Unless you can laugh off two 450k melees to the face, use the obscenely powerful tanking legendary that Blizzard has given you.
    Fair enough. I just feel like there's something I'm specifically doing wrong because I get 3-shot and this does not happen to the DK tank.

Is'nt Garrosh one of the few fights that SS is still good. As stated he hits like a truck so high vengeance which = good ss. especially after p1 onwards as you tank switch that much that u can go into every switch with a high vengeance SS. Or is i just noob?
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u07twrnet1n8sxxb/sum/damageDone/?s=7681&e=8309
    Link to my guilds last kill if any1 wants to give me any pointers to anything i may be doing wrong. I tried eternal flame with DP talent but did'nt really like it at my current haste level, and i think having HA on Garrosh is really good during the mc phases so u can take higher stacks while the other tank helps with stunning/interrupting peeps that are mc'ed, but we always go 4 stacks when we can to avoid the chance of boss being immune to taunt.
    Last edited by Brummie; 2013-09-30 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    Is'nt Garrosh one of the few fights that SS is still good. As stated he hits like a truck so high vengeance which = good ss. especially after p1 onwards as you tank switch that much that u can go into every switch with a high vengeance SS. Or is i just noob?
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u07twrnet1n8sxxb/sum/damageDone/?s=7681&e=8309
    Link to my guilds last kill if any1 wants to give me any pointers to anything i may be doing wrong. I tried eternal flame with DP talent but did'nt really like it at my current haste level, and i think having HA on Garrosh is really good during the mc phases so u can take higher stacks while the other tank helps with stunning/interrupting peeps that are mc'ed, but we always go 4 stacks when we can to avoid the chance of boss being immune to taunt.
    It doesn't matter the veng level, as long as EF overheals for less than 70% (prob more) it will be more efficient than SS.
    Additionally it will be more effective if you have high mastery.

Personally I find HA to be lackluster on the fight simply because i don't need the "one big cd" at some point moreso than at others, i guess it can be better than DP at P3 but other times you never needed it.
    The stacks on their own do ridiculously little damage. Tbh i'm fairly sure that i could take 7+ and still be fine (mb would pop a cd)
    The only *dangerous* thing on that fight is garrosh auto attack dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Yeah dps cloak on Garrosh progression is a really really really bad idea - fair game for pretty much every other normal mode boss though.
    In general, if you're having issues staying alive due to some mechanic(s), the tank cloak is fine. I used the dps cloak for every pull of our normal garrosh attempts, and there was never an issue outside of having 20 adds up with 2x warsong buffs in phase 1 where the tank cloak would have not helped at all.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    In general, if you're having issues staying alive due to some mechanic(s), the tank cloak is fine. I used the dps cloak for every pull of our normal garrosh attempts, and there was never an issue outside of having 20 adds up with 2x warsong buffs in phase 1 where the tank cloak would have not helped at all.
    While that is understandable seeing how even on 10 man boss melees for ~ 40-50% of your health it's one of those fights where the cloak can def help.

Deleted
    I'd like to add my voice and second taking the tank cloak on Garrosh. Currently 3/14 HC, and Garrosh is the only fight where I've used the tank cloak. I find tank deaths on Garrosh really only seem to happen if you're 2-healing and both of your healers get MC'ed, so make sure to save GoAK or AD+DivProt for this - you shouldn't need GoAK or AD with any regularity unless you get really stupidly unlucky with several healer MCs in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It doesn't matter the veng level, as long as EF overheals for less than 70% (prob more) it will be more efficient than SS.
    It's always more effective unless the boss has a certain type of burst that meets the following criteria :
    It must be strong enough to kill you between 2 EF ticks (which is <2 sec so that eliminates pretty much every boss)
    While being strong enough to be an instant kill there must not be any damage within ~4 seconds beforehand or else SS might not be up.

So that's uhhhm Dark Shamans? and maybe Blackfuse? - tbh. the only boss ability I can put into that category is Horridon's 3 hit combo on softenrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's always more effective unless the boss has a certain type of burst that meets the following criteria :
    It must be strong enough to kill you between 2 EF ticks (which is <2 sec so that eliminates pretty much every boss)
    While being strong enough to be an instant kill there must not be any damage within ~4 seconds beforehand or else SS might not be up.

So that's uhhhm Dark Shamans? and maybe Blackfuse? - tbh. the only boss ability I can put into that category is Horridon's 3 hit combo on softenrage.
    Imo only dark shamans, since it would kill you with max health but leave you alive with SS.
    It doesn't matter if it overkills you for 90001k or 89900k

hi, first i'm sorry for my English, its not my main language!!

i'm having a lot of trouble tanking in SoO! in ToT i used to be "immortal" but in SoO im dying too much and it is often an instant kill

this pally is a reroll, i returned to the game 1 month before the 5.4 release so i dont have the metagem yet and probably ill get it this week(with some luck lol)!

im 534ilvl, with 30% haste and 4500 mastery which gives me 45% phisical damage reduction on Shield of the Righteous!

is my mastery too low?

im using EF over SS, should i change it back?

i don't know what i'm doing wrong, i always try to use shield of righteousness whenever i get 3 holy power and also i try to hold it if the boss will cast something that i can get reduced damage.

which is making me even more frustrated is the fact that everyone on my guild says that 80% of our wipes are my fault also
    my co tank is a reroll too and he is a druid but he returned to the game 3 weeks ago and his Ilvl is better than mine(so lucky lol)

well, here are my logs on iron jurgenaut, dark shamans, nazgrim and my armory

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Kloekane/advanced

dark shamans and iron juggernaut

worldoflogs.com/reports/wxx2u4wd002z3rsw/

dark shamans

worldoflogs.com/reports/fidwa8k77uegms0j/

nazgrim

worldoflogs.com/reports/06y0e3l1ect4233l/

and sorry again for my English and for the links !
    Last edited by kloek; 2013-10-01 at 12:49 PM.

If anything you want more haste, not more mastery. (Lose the stam trinket!)

Dark shaman: The biggest thing that stood out at me was the fact that in an 8 min fight you used DP (30 second CD) only 4 times. You could have used it 17 times. You also got hit by the ashen wall which helped lead up to your death. Just before your death your EF ticked for less than 40k which implies you refreshed it with less than 5 stacks of BOG, I may be wrong here though.

I'm running out the door so I don't have time to look at everything you posted, but the majority of wipes on Nazgrim absolutely aren't your fault. It's a big mess in there. On 3 of the attempts, your group began dying to Ravagers - I didn't even know what those looked like until I joined a flex pug last week. Players being gibbed by assassins...standing in shockwaves and bladestorms....I mean the hunter seems to die every single attempt to an assassin.