I have a cancelaura for HoP on crusader strike.
    And for Divine Shield I use the following macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip divine Shield
    /cancelaura [modifier:shift] divine Shield
    /cast divine Shield

I'm actually wondering if I can get a quick critique or any pointers on my current setup; I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong (beyond things that come with more experience like better timing of SotR), but kind of just want to make sure I'm doing things on my end correctly. I'm siting at a little over 20% haste, exp and hit capped (well over hit cap and can't do anything about that at the moment). I'm wondering if my health is a bit on the low side but I'm still doing 10 normal (5/12) so I think I'm good (and since I'm not 100% confident in my current health I prefer to use Haste/Stamina gems in blue sockets since the other other viable option is hit/haste and I'm well past the Hit cap with reforging it away everywhere I can),

The only thing I know I need to do is run LFR more often, been totally slacking there (mostly because I'm scared to death of looking like a dumbass on Durumu's maze).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    The thing is that on some of these fights you may want to consider unglyphing FS rather than AS especially on heroic.
    Also the Sand guy on council also does plenty of autoattacks if you actually bother to interrupt him.
    Yeah, of course. FS vs AS/FW is a whole another matter, on a lot of fights running FW/AS/BH is not that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    What do you use for debuff-removing, for Horridon for example do you use any macros to apply HoP then remove aura shortly afterwards?
    I have similarly to Nillo built in cancelauro macros for both DS and BoP. I also have a seperate macro that cancels BoP, DS, HoSalv, HoSac, HoF etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I'm actually wondering if I can get a quick critique or any pointers on my current setup; I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong (beyond things that come with more experience like better timing of SotR), but kind of just want to make sure I'm doing things on my end correctly. I'm siting at a little over 20% haste, exp and hit capped (well over hit cap and can't do anything about that at the moment). I'm wondering if my health is a bit on the low side but I'm still doing 10 normal (5/12) so I think I'm good (and since I'm not 100% confident in my current health I prefer to use Haste/Stamina gems in blue sockets since the other other viable option is hit/haste and I'm well past the Hit cap with reforging it away everywhere I can),

The only thing I know I need to do is run LFR more often, been totally slacking there (mostly because I'm scared to death of looking like a dumbass on Durumu's maze).
    You could always use a stamina trinket, you get higher stamina budget per item level on trinkets. Would put you right on the money with the hit rating too. You can get a 489 one with a mastery /use from the shado-pan for 900VP.

I seen someone post a macro somewhere for using judgement on the pink Dino for horridon hc, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to make one for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttypoolog View Post
    I seen someone post a macro somewhere for using judgement on the pink Dino for horridon hc, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to make one for that?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Humming Crystal
    /cast Judgment
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast [@target,exists] Judgment
    What i was using for crystals, can replace the name with dino's

Thank you!

Howdy folks,

I'm making this post on behalf of my guild's prot pally. He's a great guy with a good attitude but he's underperforming, and I was wondering if there was anything in particular he should be working on. He's pretty undergeared, but I'm not sure if that explains everything. He doesn't seem to be dying exceedingly often, but his damage is extremely low, so if I had to guess what his problem was (without any knowledge of how to play a prot pally) I'd assume a combination of not being geared correctly/not using his abilities on CD/not using the right priority. Any insights would be great!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sings/advanced
    WoL dashboard: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ep6prlcivgb9y1r6/
    Specific fight (though any will do): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ep...?s=6794&e=7207

Quote Originally Posted by HonneurVilified View Post
    Howdy folks,

I'm making this post on behalf of my guild's prot pally. He's a great guy with a good attitude but he's underperforming, and I was wondering if there was anything in particular he should be working on. He's pretty undergeared, but I'm not sure if that explains everything. He doesn't seem to be dying exceedingly often, but his damage is extremely low, so if I had to guess what his problem was (without any knowledge of how to play a prot pally) I'd assume a combination of not being geared correctly/not using his abilities on CD/not using the right priority. Any insights would be great!
    Dont have time to analys the logs sorry just talk to him and check if he know what to prioritize abillity wise.
    Haste does a big part of the dmg when it lowers the cooldown on abillitys, and will get mer gc proccs +more healing and absorbs from SS
    For starter he should learn how to gear and gem.
    Stat prio: Hit>Exp>Haste>Stamina>Mastery for Control/haste build for 5.3 you want to go with it.

He Crafted wrong boots, really need to get something else then dodge trinket and get haste items.
    Gems: Shouldnt need all that stam just go full 320haste gems unless going for a bonus (skip all parry, dodge)
    Go for head socket bonus then skip the rest is usually safe way to go if he have noclue.
    If he got problem to survive with encounters with spelldmg like dark animus just go stamina gems for that.
    And for some strange reason he got 1% extra expertise (Human racial 1% exp with mace,sword) so should fix that

Atleast some help to optimize the gear, lack of haste should be a big reason why he does so low dps.

Howdy folks,

Specific fight (though any will do): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ep...?s=6794&e=7207
    Hes gemming stamina everywhere. His reforges are all over the place.

He needs to gem pure haste unless he has a bonus that makes it worthwhile to gem for the bonus. In that case iirc its hit/haste or exp/haste he should be taking.

His chest he reforged out of hit, where he parry is more useless and has a higher stat budget. Ditto the shield. No meta of any kind yet?

His ability use (CD's and sacred shield etc) looks ok on the link. Bottom line is hes at 15% haste. I have a lower item level and I'm over 30% haste. This is an important breakpoint since it gives ss an extra tick. It's also easily doable with his gear.

Edit - for comedy value I'll suggest he replaces that abomination of a trinket with a ghost iron dragonling. 52 ilevels lower but better stats!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Howdy folks,

Looking at rotation, it seems like a combination of 1) Not hitting buttons fast enough, and 2) Seems to be prioritizing J > CS. The low amount of haste is also hurting quite a bit in regards to self healing. A prot should be the source of the majority of their own healing on most fights (usually in the order of 50+%), however most of the time he was only 25-35% of his own healing.
    Taking Tortos as an example, I estimate just over 300 possible GCDs, which should give an expected CS:J of ~100:67 however he had 82:75, which is roughly what you'd expect from a J > CS > X > X rotation. He also only used a total of 218 GCDs, so there's a lot of fillers being lost which is leading to his low dps. This is the same for the other fights I looked at as well, only around 2/3 GCD usage. I also see no T6 talent usage on half the fights. CD usage seems to be generally good though, although sometimes his AW/HA usage is quite low (even not using either once on Jin'rokh).

10+ Year Old Account
    Howdy folks,

Well.. first off, Prot Paladin can only do decent DPS if you gear him accordingly.
    He runs with 6k Haste at an Itemlevel of 528. He should be way above 10k at this itemlevel.

Needs to put on more DPS pieces (haste+X) instead of avoidance. Also needs to drop those stamina gems.
    Go full haste (320) in all sockets. Only gem anything else if you really wanna take that bonus.

He also has 1% expertise too much. He can get to like 12k Haste if optimized correctly (just glanced at it in AMR).

---

His "Skill" varies from boss to boss. On Megaera his SoTR Uptime (50%) and Sacred Shield Uptime (94%) are ok for his haste levels. But on others like Jin'rokh, they are pretty pretty bad.
    So no idea whats up with that, but he doesn't seem very consistent.

---

Tortos is a great fight to just sim, cause you just stand still and tank the boss.
    So I compared his log with mine (keep in mind its just farmcontent for us, so I don't play 120% which he should be doing given your kill-length)

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...e0003a0#damage

- He doesn't play with Seal of Insight. That's bad. Really really bad!!! I have 15 Mio Healing with Insight+BH, he has 0
    - Keep in mind SoI also increases your Damage done!
    - His Snapping Bite Damage is almost 3times as high was mine. That means even though his fight is longer in duration, he doesn't time his SoTR with the Spells properly which is also very bad. You should have a SoTR up for every Bite
    - Same goes for Quakestomp. Twice as much Damage taken as me. You can cooldown this everytime with SoTR or another CD.
    - He didn't use Consecration ONCE. Not even ONCE!!! That's a big Damage Component in your rotation!!
    - His Holy Wrath usage is bad. Should be way more. 1.9 hits/minute compared to my 15.9 hits/minute

To be honest, I don't know what this guy is doing. He has very low haste which basically means that his spells are not up that frequently.
    The more haste you have, the less consecration / holy wrath you use (if you play for survival). Because you basically go cs - js - filler - cs etc.

But at his haste levels and without seal of insight, he has like cs - js - filler - filler or sth like that. Yet, he doesn't use consecration at all and hardly uses holy wrath.

To me it looks like as if he would just stare at his buttons and wait

He just doesn't fill his globals properly.

I don't really wanna sound too harsh here. But he kills megaera heroic. He should know what he's doing.
    But he lacks everything. Basic Rotation, Basic Gemming, Basic Gearing, Advanced Rotation, Advanced Playstyle.

If he doesn't improve like 300% I don't see him lasting very long in your guild tbh (at least he shouldn't..)
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-07-08 at 09:32 AM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Hello, was looking for some advice for CM's

I'm a ms holy with a decently geared prot offspec. Recently we've agreed to do some challenge modes, and if we all want to have our mains in there it means I'm having to tank. Having tanked every boss in ToT it feels like I have enough practice, but I was doubting a bit on the gearing front.
    - I would like some advice into gemming. Isfull haste, as I go for in raids, also the way to go in CM's? getting the gems is not a problem, neither are enchants(alts @ 600)
    - How about trinkets? Got heroic spark and a stam trinket besides my expertise one, should I go with spark or will the stamina from the trinket be better in challenge modes?

thanks in forward!
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    Hello, was looking for some advice for CM's

I'm a ms holy with a decently geared prot offspec. Recently we've agreed to do some challenge modes, and if we all want to have our mains in there it means I'm having to tank. Having tanked every boss in ToT it feels like I have enough practice, but I was doubting a bit on the gearing front.
    - I would like some advice into gemming. Isfull haste, as I go for in raids, also the way to go in CM's? getting the gems is not a problem, neither are enchants(alts @ 600)
    - How about trinkets? Got heroic spark and a stam trinket besides my expertise one, should I go with spark or will the stamina from the trinket be better in challenge modes?

thanks in forward!
    I'm not super familiar with CMs, but I've been working on a few of the easier ones with some friends. I'm gemmed full haste and I found that the damage we do is really helpful to burn down big packs. I don't have a stam trinket, but I would consider going with Spark + stam trink to help out your healer.

I know some people gem full stam, but with our CDs, I think having higher ShoR uptime/more DPS would be most helpful.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-07-08 at 03:15 PM.

Prot Pal is pretty obnoxious in CMs, but it's definitely doable. I did it back in Dec (right around the time of the HotR-SOI nerf, /cry) and found it went well focusing on Accuracy/haste, and using Shado-Pan stam trinket (for the on-use) and LSFO. Spark will work fine as well. I'd strongly suggest shooting for 12-14% exp as well, just to cut down on parries and help boost your overall stats a bit (since accuracy is preserved, so if you can get it natively on gear it won't lose as much). The big drawback to Prot (over a BDK or BrM, or even ProtWar) is lack of CC/stuns. Really, all we have is (glyphed) blinding light That said, comp means a lot, and our comp was pretty shit, so I'm sure you can overcome a lot there.

HA is your best friend due to the guaranteed nature of ShotR-wall for big trash, and the fact that downscaled haste makes DP a bit less effective. LH is probably the best option for 90% of all CMs, though Prism is still situationally useful. BH/Alabaster/X for glyphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I ran Resto Druid / Rogue / Ele Sham / Shadow Priest back when I did them. Worked out well enough, not amazing though. I tried going pure stamina and found it wasn't very beneficial (forever ago, long before ToT came out) over going haste. Remember, your haste will take a huge hit when you do CM's. So using items that have the most sockets is better as the normal sockets aren't scaled.

I probably went with Holy Prism for half of my CM's, and Light's Hammer for the other half. For glyphs I used BH/AbS/DProt (most of the incoming damage I was taking was physical). CM's aren't too difficult as long as you have some kind of coordination for the trash that can/will kill you. The good thing is, I'm glad that they changed the Invisibility potion cooldown on reset, which makes it considerably less time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have just recently completed mine.

I have tanked Gold with Blood DK and with Prot Paladin. I found Prot Paladin to be way easier. Only thing we can't do is Stormstout Brewery Kiting if you don't have a AoE Slow. But our Windwalker went Brewmaster for this one.

We ran Holy Pally, Prot Pally, Ele Shaman, Shadow Priest, Windwalker

I didn't change much. Went with Full Haste Gemming and Reforging. I just reforged from 15 to 7.5 Exp with a Hit > Exp > Haste > Mastery Setting.
    Used 2x Stamina Trinkets. Thats about it. Didn't even switch out my legendary Meta.

--

We had a smooth run across the board - We had a couple of First-Try Gold Attempts and a few with a maximum of 4-5 Tries / Instance. Only Brewery took us longer (3-4 Hours) cause it's just shit.

As for Glyphs / Talents. I went with Holy Prism, Holy Avenger all the way. I was lazy so I just used my normal Raid Spec with Glyphs / Talents. That means BH/Alabaster/X (mostly Wrath).

Then again, I had already tanked everything on my DK so I knew how to pull / when I would need CDs etc.

Our Comp was better though than my DK Clear.

We ran with Fury Warrior / Fire Mage / Boomkin (as 2nd Spec..) / Disc Priest / Blood DK. Even though we had Drums and 2x Movement Speed, it was pretty pretty hard. Then again, this was way back when you had like 1 Socket per Item tops. Nowadays I have 2-3 on every Item..

Bottomline: Get Ele Shaman and Hunter or at least a leatherworker for Drums of Speed. Will safe you from those 3 seconds too late silver kills...
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    Went back to prot this week after not having played prot since 5.1 - Would like to hear some feedback on the logs from my 'first' raid.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rqipncgizfaig10b/

(Armory in sig if needed).

Thanks in advance

~Space

SS looks good could be a little higher on some fights, SotR looks good considering your haste levels. You covered all of the Triple Punctures with SotR properly. I did notice on Megaera that you were using only DP for breaths, and only the first one. Since you're not using any personal CD's for the second breath you can probably get away with not using a CD on the first one, and then using DP for the second.

You can also probably use your cooldowns more frequently, overall not too bad.

I don't exactly know if maxing prot dps really belongs in "fix my tanking" but i feel like its the best bet overall. I really want to know what I'm doing wrong in regards to prot dps, i pull around 100k-110k on average throughout most boss fights, keep in mind this is an average and doesn't reflect bosses such as HC horridon or what have you. Furthermore, I don't normally get to single tank fights that i know I can (Durumu, Tortos, even Primordius) < referring to normal modes here, we are currently 2/13. So i understand i won't ever skyrocket to ranking levels. However im sitting at nearly 36% haste (35.88%) and feel like i could push out more dps. I'd provide logs, but i don't have any handy.

Throw me typical reasons why my dps would be lackluster, also.. CS>J>X were X is filler, but which filler has the highest priority?

My amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Torahn/simple
    Amazing Signature by Yoni