Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I'm finally on Lei Shen (only 10N). Is there any point glyphing holy wrath to stun the elemental adds? My current glyphs for that fight are battle healer, divine protection and focused shield.

Is there any magic damage for which unglyphed divine protection would be useful for? Or would I have to forgo focused shield to pick up holy wrath?
    HW is primarily used on the heroic version vs Ball Lightning. They aren't that dangerous on normal, so it shouldn't be needed.
    As for the DP glyph: I wouldn't glyph it. In P2 and P3, there are more than enough nature damage going out to justify it. Especially in P3, with the stacking debuff, which is one of the most damage-heavy phases. It might also help with soaking Static Shock.

Battle Healer / Final Wrath / Focused Shield
    Battle Healer / Final Wrath / Alabaster Shield
    Battle Healer / Alabaster Shield / Focused Shield
    ^both works nicely, FW/AS depending on you. FW again helps with the last burn-phase. And FS depends on how fast the adds die. If they are a problem then don't use it, and maybe glyph Holy Wrath for the stun.

There's almost never a point in glyphing DP it's usually a waste of a glyph slot.
    Holy Wrath can help if you're really struggling with adds in p2, but there are better ways to deal with them (like any other stun that lasts longer)

I'm not sure if the trick works on Normal (probably not) but in LFR at least you can reset his stacking debuff on you (not the wind one) in P3 by kiting away from him as he does Lightning Whip. I only recently realized it when I tried it in an LFR after the other tank died, but I haven't tested it in Normal to see if, for example, the debuff lasts longer so you can't reset it without a tank swap or bubbling (which is normally how it goes).

RE: DP glyph for normal at least I usually like to glyph it for high physical damage fights e.g. Horridon, Tortos, Primordius, Iron Qon. I think I usually keep it glyphed for Lei Shen as well just as an extra 20% damage reduction since I think most of his heavy attacks are physical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'm not sure if the trick works on Normal (probably not) but in LFR at least you can reset his stacking debuff on you (not the wind one) in P3 by kiting away from him as he does Lightning Whip. I only recently realized it when I tried it in an LFR after the other tank died, but I haven't tested it in Normal to see if, for example, the debuff lasts longer so you can't reset it without a tank swap or bubbling (which is normally how it goes).
    Works in normal.

I personally wouldn't bother with FS since you can cleave off of LS onto adds/balls.

For HC I run BH/HW/FW. For N, since no balls, I wouldn't bother with HW and swap in Alab or something there. I don't use DivProt glyph due to high amount of magic to mitigate, and since you can/should be able to cover any high dmg physical phases with ShotR and your t75 of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Works in normal.
    Great news Sometimes it gets annoying with the taunting off for that, good to know me or the bear can pop a speed boost and drop them. I guess that's how you can solo tank him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Great news Sometimes it gets annoying with the taunting off for that, good to know me or the bear can pop a speed boost and drop them. I guess that's how you can solo tank him.
    Yeah, we I did that on both my monk and paladin when solo tanking the first times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    There's almost never a point in glyphing DP it's usually a waste of a glyph slot.
    Holy Wrath can help if you're really struggling with adds in p2, but there are better ways to deal with them (like any other stun that lasts longer)
    This statement confuses me. Why is 20%mitigation from all abilities not worth it? That is how Divine Protection worked before they turned what Was the glyph into its default. What glyphs would we use other wise? On fights like Ji-kun not glyphing DP means DP is useless. I always have and will prefer DP glyph over most others unless there is a fight with a heavy magic attack like Elegons breath + add aoe or Megara. Just a general big direct magic attack to the face where 40% reduction to it would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This statement confuses me. Why is 20%mitigation from all abilities not worth it? That is how Divine Protection worked before they turned what Was the glyph into its default. What glyphs would we use other wise? On fights like Ji-kun not glyphing DP means DP is useless. I always have and will prefer DP glyph over most others unless there is a fight with a heavy magic attack like Elegons breath + add aoe or Megara. Just a general big direct magic attack to the face where 40% reduction to it would be nice.
    Half the fights in ToT heavily favor pure magic reduction. And the rest are 50-50 on whether it's worth it or not (and generally at this point you're better off with a dps increasing glyph - but during early progress glyphing it on Horridon for instance might've been ideal).

The thing that kills you on Ji-Kun is the dot. Talonrake only gets dangerous after like 5+ stacks °_°

The glyph is generally bad for two reasons:
    You're just lowering it's value against magical damage and physical damage really shouldn't be able to kill you (you have ShoR for physical damage)
    It costs a glyph slot that can otherwise be used for any of the fairly strong dps glyphs.

Well as spacebot said - Horridon with low gear levels might make it somewhat useful... otherwise nope just nope.

With the vengeance nerf in 5.4, how important is tank dps really going to be? Is it going to help anything anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    HW is primarily used on the heroic version vs Ball Lightning. They aren't that dangerous on normal, so it shouldn't be needed.
    As for the DP glyph: I wouldn't glyph it. In P2 and P3, there are more than enough nature damage going out to justify it. Especially in P3, with the stacking debuff, which is one of the most damage-heavy phases. It might also help with soaking Static Shock.

Battle Healer / Final Wrath / Focused Shield
    Battle Healer / Final Wrath / Alabaster Shield
    Battle Healer / Alabaster Shield / Focused Shield
    ^both works nicely, FW/AS depending on you. FW again helps with the last burn-phase. And FS depends on how fast the adds die. If they are a problem then don't use it, and maybe glyph Holy Wrath for the stun.
    No sense in glyphing battle healer in 5.4 anymore. Unless they reverted some of the changes itd only be doing 30% of its normal heal to someone. From my logs of what its average heal was, it wont be a good idea to sacrifice the self healing vs pitiful heals to a single person.

Deleted
    No sense in glyphing battle healer in 5.4 anymore. Unless they reverted some of the changes itd only be doing 30% of its normal heal to someone. From my logs of what its average heal was, it wont be a good idea to sacrifice the self healing vs pitiful heals to a single person.
    And who was talking about glyphs for Lei Shen AFTER 5.4? -___-

About tank DPS:
    It won't be much of a hit, as bosses will hit harder too. We will end up around the same DPS which we pull now. The only problem might be in AOE situations. But tank DPS remains important.

With the vengeance nerf in 5.4, how important is tank dps really going to be? Is it going to help anything anymore?
    It's about a 15%ish nerf so tank damage should still be fairly significant.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shemade/simple
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9y...0n/details/49/

Glyphs are as seen on armory.

It seems that my prot DPS is way low, I was OTing on those 8 attempts, but was only pulling mid 50ks for DPS. Moreover, Im looking at my reforging and am wondering with my gear, is it better to go haste over my current avoidance build? Any tips would help! Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemade View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shemade/simple
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9y...0n/details/49/

Glyphs are as seen on armory.

It seems that my prot DPS is way low, I was OTing on those 8 attempts, but was only pulling mid 50ks for DPS. Moreover, Im looking at my reforging and am wondering with my gear, is it better to go haste over my current avoidance build? Any tips would help! Thanks!
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: while avoidance may reduce your overall damage taken the most, overall damage doesn't matter. In today's tanking it's about reducing spike damage and well surviving spike damage -> and haste does that a lot better.

Stamina will come naturally from gear (unless perhaps you were undergeared and doing 25H content). The only fight I've used stamina trinkets on myself was Sha of Fear 25H back when I had an ilvl of 500.

The haste control build will help you generate much more holy power which means you can have a much higher uptime of sotr increasing not only your survival but also your dps (and hps). It is however at times still useful to pool the holypower in anticipation of a big attack. '

In regards to those logs. The only real fault I can think of it a ) using two tanks and b) having a warrior tank rather than the paladin.

You can clear the healing debuff with both divine shield and hand of protection (Don't forget a cancelaura macro either).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to track to internal cooldown of the tank meta - maybe even with weakauras?

Thinking about highlighting my divine protection when meta has cooldown so I don't forget to weave in the 25 sec divine protection for back to back 20% damage reduction.

Anybody thought of a nice way?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

I'm pretty sure the tank meta doesn't have an icd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'm pretty sure the tank meta doesn't have an icd.
    RPPM woohoo

No ICD, currently works out at about 30-40% uptime, will likely be over 60-70% uptime after 5.4 hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    No ICD, currently works out at about 30-40% uptime, will likely be over 60-70% uptime after 5.4 hits.
    I don't know how much haste you have (or had when tested it), but I tried it a few nights (2weeks before switching to dps metagem) with about 16k haste back in the day, and had mostly 55-65% consistently throughout the whole bosses.