Thread: Monk aggro drop

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Monk aggro drop

I am new to monks. Do monks have any "get out of jail free" skills ie. bubble / vanish/ Hunter FD?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    I am new to monks. Do monks have any "get out of jail free" skills ie. bubble / vanish/ Hunter FD?
    You can glyph roll to reduce your aggro (temporarely tho)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    For aggro, you can glyph roll but this doesn't lower your threat, just drops it for a second. Monks have plenty of defensive cooldowns and abilities though.

As others have stated above, you can glyph for roll. No abilities that drop you from combat like vanish/FD, though.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

the glyph of retreat makes you have and make 0 threat for 10 seconds, and you can do more rolls after the first expires.

Do jump+roll at the same time and your roll will not get you out of melee range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry. Monk DPS is in such a shape you won't be pulling threat.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Not that even top dps could pull aggro with a tank that actually uses it buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Whats the point in bringing this kind of trash post in this thread? Are you being helpful to the OP? Is this a thread about monk dps?

As Asmalya said tank threat is so high now that even the highest dps out there should not be able to pull off the tank. From personal experience I've only ever had an ele shaman pull from me at the start and I just taunted hit keg smash again and all was right with the world after that.

Aggro problems are not always about a DPS pulling off a tank. As a healer, I regularly have problems pulling aggro on the little adds on Elegon, especially since everyone is low as the phase ends, so using SCK both heals, and damages the adds, pulling them all to me. They hit hard, and if 3 melee me at once, I'll die. Glyph of Retreat is something I hadn't considered until now to solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush042 View Post
    Aggro problems are not always about a DPS pulling off a tank. As a healer, I regularly have problems pulling aggro on the little adds on Elegon, especially since everyone is low as the phase ends, so using SCK both heals, and damages the adds, pulling them all to me. They hit hard, and if 3 melee me at once, I'll die. Glyph of Retreat is something I hadn't considered until now to solve that problem.
    I usually have my raid stack at the console have the other tank round them up and kite them towards the center. When they get grouped up we rotate stuns on them and burn them so they really don't hit anyone unless they get rooted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    Glyph of Retreat

I haven't tried yet, but with the roll glyph, can you roll into a mob, attack, and receive no threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush042 View Post
    As i said..if the tank knows how to use his/her buttons there is no aggro problem.

Deleted
    Glyph of retreat. Use it love it. While you can. Works wonder for everything, HoF garalon u might want to use something else tho like Glyph of life cocoon. Frankly i made similar topic while ago and if there wouldnt be aggro dump, i wouldnt be playing monk. Constant hots in random pug groups without aggro dump is far from fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I haven't tried yet, but with the roll glyph, can you roll into a mob, attack, and receive no threat?
    as long someone else is on the threat table. i dont know if the glyph works as well as priest's fade