Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Anyone who thinks GW2 is dead/dying/unpopular/etc is is either delusional or has the mental capacity of a 2 year old. The full/high servers are simple proof enough of the game not being dead. You still can't make toons/transfer at peak times on ALOT of servers. That speaks volumes in and of itself. And who cares if some people left the game for now? GW2 is the kind of game that you can play for awhile, leave for a few months, and come back later when new content has been released and NOT BE PENALIZED FOR IT. Anet made it that way, and people are taking advantage of it to enjoy other games in the mean time. Doesn't mean GW2 is dead, just means that Anet doesn't force you to feel like you need to keep playing every single day to justify a monthly sub. Hell, I myself didn't even log onto GW2 for almost the past 2 weeks because of Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4. And guess what? I'm not going to be any worse off when I go back to playing GW2. That's awesome. Anyone who thinks that's a bad thing really needs to seek psychiatric help immediately.

It seems that a vast majority of the time, the people who bash/troll/hate GW2 are generally the people who never liked the GW series to begin with, are WoW/Rift/other game fanboys, or just wanted GW to be a game that it is simply not meant to be. In all of these cases, I can merely say to you,"Who cares? Fuck off and leave the rest of us be." If you don't like GW2, then stop playing. If you played it for only a month, then you more than got your $60 worth out of it. Move on to the next game and STFU about GW2.
    You are on a forum.
    Forums are intended for discussion, in a civilised manner.
    Discussion is only possible if all different opinions can be expressed.

You are failing at all of the basic things forums are about.
    So instead of telling people to fuck off from your game, you should consider to fuck off from the forums instead.If that is how you think such problems should be handled... (I don't, for the record).

You're insutling people who disagree with your view, you're biased about their motives, you're telling them to fuck off because they happen to be critical.
    There are a few arguments in your post, too bad you are throwing up all over them so people won't go anywhere near them.
    Last edited by Kimbald; 2012-11-10 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Game simply has a 200-300 life span and then you seen it all. After that you can grind out certain things but if you dont like grinding then you have nothing to do.

PvP is way too zergy. Making rated teams requires too much effort, then team disbands after 1st tournament and you have to start all over again. Now I play smite and I'm pretty happy with it. Single rated queues simple enjoyable game.

Guess I just dont like MMOs anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Posting my opinion, as everyone else including you are doing. If it hurts someones feelings that i think the game was overhyped then i'd question their dignity
    There is a huge difference in posting constructive opinion than just simple flamebating nonsense.

What you posted, is not constructive, it doesn't tell anything, it's just random nonsense for flamebating and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    your mind gets blown easily, which is more your problem than mine.
    And weak sarcasm doesn't impress me, try harder.

Arenanet in GW1 tried to make money, but different than now, and certainly different than the way other B2P and certainly F2P games did.

Arenanet put out their manifesto claiming it's more about fun than about money, unlike those other MMO's.
    People tended to believe that, seeing how they handled it in GW1.

GW2 shows a different Arenanet, different from GW1 and different from even the GW2 manifesto.

Of course they try to make money.
    The question is: how far does a company push to do so?

Arenanet is not different from the other MMO companies, reading their manifesto now sort of saddens me.

So congratz on missing the point.

They all try to make money, but that's not what I meant by money-grabbing.
    yeah it's not like you can play gw2 without spending a single cent in their gem store right? oh wait...

anet are soooooooooooo greedy indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Which makes me right. Wow, it's rare that people admit they were wrong.
    Its a figure of speech, which basically means you proved my point. Which in turn means, your the one who's wrong *derp*

But for the sake of argument, let's go by your logic. Lineage 1 has over 30 mil subs in Korea alone and another 17 mil for Lineage 2, not to mention Maple story has well over 90 mil subs worldwide. So by your logic Maple Story is the best MMo in existence since it has 9x that the subscribers of Warcraft.

Look, I know that current and upcoming AAA MMOs makes you rabid WoW loyalists foam in the mouth but seriously.... relax. WoW will be there to keep your skinner-box fix satisfied for years, I doubt it's going anywhere until Blizzard manually shuts down the servers. So no need to feel threatened whenever another MMo is doing well
    Last edited by Razeo; 2012-11-10 at 09:10 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed playing it as a substitute for WoW after DS just... destroyed my hopes and dreams, but I just lost interest. It was repetitive, to me at least, more so than WoW. Jump quest, hearth, hearth, hearth, explore, get smashed by enemies, respawn, get smashed, get mad, log off for 10 minutes and say "Fuck this, I'm going back to WoW," log back on, different hearth, jump quest, hang out with friends. I mean, I was playing with a couple real life friends, and it was when they inevitably stopped playing that I kind of stopped too.

I mean, the zones had REALLY good flow to them, and everything about the game was down right beautiful, but there was nothing that compelled me to go back day after day. I didn't feel any connection to my character like I did in the first one (or even in WoW). I played GW1 until I was a rank 13 in HoH. I GvG'd with iQ and a multitude of other top tier guilds. GW2 wasn't anywhere even NEAR in the same vein as GW1 pvp-wise, and that already was a huge strike for me. To each their own, I 'pose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Its a figure of speech, which basically means you proved my point. Which in turn means, your the one who's wrong *derp*

But for the sake of argument, let's go by your logic. Lineage 1 has over 30 mil subs in Korea alone and another 17 mil for Lineage 2, not to mention Maple story has well over 90 mil subs worldwide. So by your logic Maple Story is the best MMo in existence since it has 9x that the subscribers of Warcraft.

Look, I know that current and upcoming AAA MMOs makes you rabid WoW loyalists foam in the mouth but seriously.... relax. WoW will be there to keep your skinner-box fix satisfied for years, I doubt it's going anywhere until Blizzard manually shuts down the servers. So no need to feel threatened whenever another MMo is doing well
    L1 with 30mil subs in Korea alone? How do they do that, South Korea has 50mill inhabitants only. I knew they play alot there but this seems a bit too much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkleung View Post
    To see if they're worth buying, to see where the talent is at and what level they play at and how you can improve your play.
    Also if you don't want to buy the game (or an xbox360 Halo 4 anyone?) But are still interested in the lore/story line ('; THERE!
    I said it.
    It's like saying you watch someone drive a sports car to see if it looks fun, you already have an idea if it will be.., but you won't truly know until you put yourself in the drivers seat...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Where did the popularity go ?
    You have to understand that Twitch TV is about personalities and not really about games for most people. Kungen or towelliee would get 5k people watching them play Pong. To base the popularity of a game on twitch is mental.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    You have to understand that Twitch TV is about personalities and not really about games for most people. Kungen or towelliee would get 5k people watching them play Pong. To base the popularity of a game on twitch is mental.
    but what would you base the popularity on?

Is there any platform, site, whatever that is about pvp where GW2 is doing good?

the highest pvp stream I ever watched of GW2 was a paid tournament game with Jon Peters himself in it.
    It had 240 viewers and the streaming team considered that a lot of people compared to their usual numbers (at least for their GW2 pvp it was).

Where is GW2 pvp doing good? Even the paid tournaments have very long queues from day 1 till today. So I wouldn't call that a positive measure either.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if I am not playing it now, it was still a solid purchase and I definitely feel like I got my money's worth and then some for the two months I played.

I can't say the same for every game though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    L1 with 30mil subs in Korea alone? How do they do that, South Korea has 50mill inhabitants only. I knew they play alot there but this seems a bit too much
    I meant sales actually.

Deleted

smartest

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Without commenting on the quality of the game, my take is that the game thrived on hype but the sort of people who pick games based on hype don't have the mental independence to properly evaluate a game, and once the hype dies down they won't have the attention span to find things that they like for themselves.
    Might be the smartest thing ive ever read on a forum....ever....

you sir get a gold medal but you have to do 25 dailies to get it first tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post

the highest pvp stream I ever watched of GW2 was a paid tournament game with Jon Peters himself in it.
    It had 240 viewers and the streaming team considered that a lot of people compared to their usual numbers (at least for their GW2 pvp it was).
    Yeah but if one of the big twitch names done the same tourney then it would have had 5000 people watching it. I base its popularity on all the high/full servers. The only pvp i do is WvWvW and it is always mobbed. I don't know what to tell you. I go by the full servers as a gauge of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    If quality doesn't get more customers than quantity, then it's useless.
    Are you a shareholder or something? Do you have any idea how much money GW2 has made in the 3 months it's been out? I'm guessing no, you don't. I know people on my server that have spent hundreds of dollars in the gem store for various reasons. Gotta love all these people that act like they have some financial interest in these games when in reality the only investment they have is emotional.

Besides, how can you say a bare bones MMO lacking A LOT of features, has more quality than another which has way more features. Mindboggling.
    What you are describing as features, I describe as agonizing grinding and boring raids. If you don't like GW2, that's fine but a whole lot of us do. To each their own and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is still quite active, i love how the game works granted i wish there were a few tweeks to make players go to more zones but we'll see what happens. But I can see myself playing this game for awhile... even though gambling with yellows trying to get a pre-req dose make me go a tad bonkers

I think the game is still doing well. I mean, like people have said, the servers are still really high pop.

I don't play anymore, but it's mostly my fault. I've failed returning to WoW, playing Rift, and GW2 despite enjoying all 3 to some extent because I don't have a group of people to play with. I start playing, feel lonely, and quit. I did try joining two guilds in GW2, but the ventrilo servers were empty for them at all times, and no one spoke to one another. That really kills it for me in an MMO. I can play DotA or D3 alone for hours, but an MMO... I just need to AT LEAST be talking with someone if not directly playing with them.

I guess I could try to find an active guild... but meh...
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

No end game or character progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by botulox View Post
    Stopped playing because Arena Net doesn't care for their customers outside US/Europe, so can't PvP at all, and PvE content is pitiful in my opinion.

I am the 1% in MMO-Champion that's the 99% in game numbers.

Cya!
    Care to explain that statement of a-net not caring for customers and it's relationship on PvP?
    I play in Latin America and most players on my guild (like 200 actives~) constantly do tournamentPvP, doesn't seem like an issue.

Closing.

--Fencers