Thread: Map of Racism

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I noticed.

As someone who is visually the Aryan dream, I really have grown to hate white people. Because they will slip into racism in-front of me because they think I am 100% white. Frankly I am proud of both my German ancestors and my Jewish ones.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 04:23 PM ----------

You're flattering yourself, what makes you think you're "visually the Aryan dream" ? Last time i checked, people such as Candice Swanepoel would be considered that much. You say you're both German and Jewish.... how does that not make you 100% white ? What are jews ? Black ? Hispanic ? Asian ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    You're flattering yourself, what makes you think you're "visually the Aryan dream" ? Last time i checked, people such as Candice Swanepoel would be considered that much. You say you're both German and Jewish.... how does that not make you 100% white ? What are jews ? Black ? Hispanic ? Asian ?
    Jews aren't all white... Jews have quite a bit of Arabian blood.

The stereotype of how a Jewish person looks, curlier hair, bigger nose, and all that. It's because a decent number of Jews indeed look like that because they are part Arabian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Jews aren't all white... Jews have quite a bit of Arabian blood.

The stereotype of how a Jewish person looks, curlier hair, bigger nose, and all that. It's because a decent number of Jews indeed look like that because they are part Arabian.
    What determines the race of a Jew ? If i where to pick up the jewish religion tomorrow, does that not make me a Jew ?

What determines the race of a Jew ? If i where to pick up the jewish religion tomorrow, does that not make me a Jew ?
    kind of one of the dangers of associating race with religion imo. just like not all muslims are arabic, etc, though im sure plenty of people believe otherwise

15+ Year Old Account
    I live in the US, in the southeast, and it is my personal experience that Hispanic and African American people are far more racist than white people, particularly towards each other. I experience 'reverse racisim' (really a stupid term, racism is racism) almost daily in my dealings with people across many different cultures.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not think tweets are a reliable source. Even the topic of racism is hard to discuss because everyone has a certain bias towards it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Monkey isn't derogatory towards black people.

It's derogatory towards saiyans.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

A person who identifies as Jewish by race has a mother who is Jewish by race and as such are part Arabian. A person who becomes a follower of Judaism is also called Jewish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Going to make a quick reply, honestly the John Lenon guy caused me to get 8 points, which I am going to fight.

Wookeh = You're flattering yourself, what makes you think you're "visually the Aryan dream" ?
    The Aryan dream is tall fair skin, fair haired, light colored eyes with an atheltic build and nature. I was all of these things until I hit 40, I'm no longer Athletic looking.
    Wookeh = Last time i checked, people such as Candice Swanepoel would be considered that much.
    She is all of that sure.So? Being the Aryan Dream doesn't mean you have to be a super model, it means you are German and good at sports, both of which I am.

Wookeh = You say you're both German and Jewish.... how does that not make you 100% white ? What are jews ? Black ? Hispanic ? Asian ?
    Jews are Semetic Peoples, that means they are from the Middle East so technically Asian. I'm just lucky that my Jewish side came from Scottland.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    kind of one of the dangers of associating race with religion imo. just like not all muslims are arabic, etc, though im sure plenty of people believe otherwise
    Being Jewish means your mother has to be born Jewish, mine was, and so were all of her mothers before her, ie my direct maternal line is Semetic which is a fancey way of saying Arab.

A person who identifies as Jewish by race has a mother who is Jewish by race and as such are part Arabian. A person who becomes a follower of Judaism is also called Jewish.
    You realise the we don't convert people to Judaism, you have to be born one, sure if a goya wants to marry a Jew we have a way for them to join. but it is really hard and generally it never happenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Monkey isn't derogatory towards black people.

It's derogatory towards saiyans.

Yah, actually Monkey orignlly was a German Insult to both the English and French, about 1000 years ago it literally meant Small man. the word Monkey has always been used as an insult. Only in the last 500 years has it meant the small tailed primates. which look like small men, hence the usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to make a quick reply, honestly the John Lenon guy caused me to get 8 points, which I am going to fight.
    "The John Lennon guy"?

As long as you take this dismissive stance towards me instead of trying to understand what I'm saying, we're not going to get anywhere. I have tried to explain what I believe in to you, but you won't have any of it. I have no desire to engage in any futile battle with you, I just appealed for understanding so that we could progress. I am not looking for a "fight", why can't you see that? You have misunderstood me so greatly, if your reply is going to be what I think it will be, I will simply give up. Maybe you will surprise me, I don't know, but for the time being, I think I am done with this.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    I live in the US, in the southeast, and it is my personal experience that Hispanic and African American people are far more racist than white people, particularly towards each other. I experience 'reverse racisim' (really a stupid term, racism is racism) almost daily in my dealings with people across many different cultures.
    Of course, your mileage may vary based on region. Here in the DC area, it's just so multiracial that I'd be absolutely confused by someone expressing open racism towards much of anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    So you admit that race is grounds to treat people differently and to judge people by different standards? White people have a responsibility to be "less" racist? Does that mean it is fine for black people to be a little bit "more" racist? But wait, I thought racism was the very thing you were fighting?

Fucking idiotic hypocrisy. People who use the line of reasoning that you have shamelessly dismissed with ridicule have one thing over you, and that is that they stand for the principle of equality, whereas you are on nothing but a crusade.

I will not reply to your trolling, but I will reply to this post which is on topic.

As someone who is visibly white, but of mixed heritage I have witnessed first hand both sides of institutionalized racism. For starters, My teachers in public schools always treated me better than the obviously non-white students, even if the teacher was black. The reasons where simple my father made a lot of money in the film industry, so I always had clean new clothing. I also lived close to my school which made it easy for me to do my homework and study. My black and Hispanic friends had to wake up 2-3 hours everyday earlier than me to take a bus to the school, of course that meant they had the same 2-3 hours on a bus to get home every night. So while I had time to study, and do other things they where on a bus. When I did poorly on a test it was usually one or two questions missed, my friends couldn't even get into the same classes as me because of their grades. Oh the only kids in the AP classes where White or Asian from middle to high middle class families. There where no black or Hispanic kids in AP when I was in school. Ohh, and the School population was 1/3 black, 1/3 Hispanic, 1/3 everyone else. This might be a case study of what life was like in high school in the 80's living in the San Fernando Valley. But looking at the census reports on education in America it is clear that the same issues may still be in effect.

If you are poor and Black or Hispanic you have very little opportunity for higher education. The adding of additional benefits to encourage them to get the degrees is just a way to get the 13% of Americans with African ancestry the incentive to do something better than just be poor laborers. At this moment in time these funds are not offered to Hispanic's because of the fear of illegals using the money. Oh and where does this money come from? people always assume it is from Federal taxes, it is not. The additional money for African ancestor Americans is from private non-profit organizations, whose goals are to equalize the population. The Federal government only sets guidelines how this money is given, and dispersed.

You realise the we don't convert people to Judaism, you have to be born one, sure if a goya wants to marry a Jew we have a way for them to join. but it is really hard and generally it never happenes.

I know Jews don't convert people to Judaism, Jews don't even have to follow the religion to be Jews. I've lived in New(Jew) York City for most my life so I have been around and know quite a few Jews, some Hasidic, some Christian, some Agnostic.

I was saying that Jewish refers both to those that are Jewish by being born to a Jewish mother, and those that happen to be part of Judaism.

I know Jews don't convert people to Judaism, Jews don't even have to follow the religion to be Jews. I've lived in New(Jew) York City for most my life so I have been around and know quite a few Jews, some Hasidic, some Christian, some Agnostic.

I was saying that Jewish refers both to those that are Jewish by being born to a Jewish mother, and those that happen to be part of Judaism.
    But the whole thing about "secular jews" probably stems from the fact that the religion and ethnicity was mixed up in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

My mother converted to Born Again when she married my father, I was raised Southern Baptist. I didn't even know I was Jewish until I was 11 when I got in a fight at school with my best friend at the time who was a practicing Jew, during the fight I called him a "F****ng Jew" which got me suspended. That was a very strange moment in time when you mother and father tell you ohh your mom's a Jew so technically so are you. When I was a kid I had sandy blonde hair and green hazel eyes. I had no clue I was part Jewish, sure my mother had a tan, and brown hair. But I never thought it was anything else but a tan.

My mother converted to Born Again when she married my father, I was raised Southern Baptist. I didn't even know I was Jewish until I was 11 when I got in a fight at school with my best friend at the time who was a practicing Jew, during the fight I called him a "F****ng Jew" which got me suspended. That was a very strange moment in time when you mother and father tell you ohh your mom's a Jew so technically so are you. When I was a kid I had sandy blonde hair and green hazel eyes. I had no clue I was part Jewish, sure my mother had a tan, and brown hair. But I never thought it was anything else but a tan.
    Your view of your mother is similar to mine of my grandfather. He is Indian but very dark skinned. I just thought he was black (I haven't seen him but a few times since we live so far apart) sure he lived in an Indian neighborhood and cooked and ate Indian food, I never took much notice of it.

Hilarious that so many of those dots are on Louisville Kentucky when I lived there I though of it as the most liberal southern city I have ever lived in out of Atlanta, Nashville, Huntsville and Tampa.

Actually, while much harder than converting to Islam (Which is the easiest religion to convert into imo) or Christianity, converting to Judaism is quite a lengthy process. It requires a lot of studying and many tests given by rabbis. But converts exist. And not only those who married a gentile. There are, for example, people who have a jewish father and a gentile mother, and therefore aren't considered Jewish by Jewish law, so many choose to convert.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to point out that Indiana was on the same level as California and all of the Northeast.

Just sayin'.