Low health pool in PvP gear

Yelloes.
    Am I the only one with this problem?

On my Enh PvE gear, I share gear with hunters, my gear is above average (I think), I have like 340-360ish health depending on raid buffs. I guess it's fine since I still have few blues.

On my Ele PvP gear, I have the full honor set, Conq helm, bracer, weapon and the shield.
    Yet, I have 333.8k health.

Half honor geared resto druid friend of mine has 333.2k, that doesn't make any sense.
    Locks on my ilvl can easily reach 400k+ (yes they have a stam buff), and I'm not sure I have ever seen any other class this low compared to their ilvl.

Am I clearly doing something wrong or Blizzard necro'd the old WotLK health problem?
    Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong, it feels awfully unfair.

Anyone else? Thoughts?

Inb4:

You wear mail, omg: Yes I do, my hunter in greens have 325k health, fresh 90. And plates usually have the highest health pool, so it's not relevant at all.

I was unable to find your characters armory, but I'm guessing that your PvE gear has more ilvl and stam than the 458 PvP gear. PvE stats no longer contribute to the item budget on PvP gear, and vice-versa. This means that a PvE item with higher ilvl will have more stam, and a PvP item with higher ilvl can have more secondary stats too. I love the crossover between PvP and PvE this expansion and how gear from one can be used for the other (to a certain extent). I am using some PvP gear in my raid set, and some raid gear in my PvP set.

TL, DR: 463 gear will have more stam, but 458 gear will have more resil.
    Last edited by Rayr1fe; 2012-11-09 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayr1fe View Post
    I was unable to find your characters armory, but I'm guessing that your PvE gear has more ilvl and stam than the 458 PvP gear. PvE stats no longer contribute to the item budget on PvP gear, and vice-versa. This means that a PvE item with higher ilvl will have more stam, and a PvP item with higher ilvl can have more secondary stats too. I love the crossover between PvP and PvE this expansion and how gear from one can be used for the other (to a certain extent). I am using some PvP gear in my raid set, and some raid gear in my PvP set.

TL, DR: 463 gear will have more stam, but 458 gear will have more resil.
    I know the difference between PvP and PvE gear, thank you. However;

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    On my Ele PvP gear, I have the full honor set, Conq helm, bracer, weapon and the shield.
    Yet, I have 333.8k health.
    There's something terribly wrong with this, I feel like I should have at least 350-360k around this iLvl, not sure if I compared it to another similar shaman but overall health pools are around that.

If this is about; "someone should be the lowest", no. For goddsake no for at least one time, not shamans. I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed this too.

10+ Year Old Account
    My resto druid full dreaful with helm, gloves, weapon, belt, wrists, neck and 1 ring malvolent have 340k health, however, I have 25.3% armor :< that seems low to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Effective health is still higher using the pvp junk based on resilience though isn't it? With pve gear even with the innate 40% you'd just get blown up (quicker)

Not to mention pvppower for outgoing damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Effective health is still higher using the pvp junk based on resilience though isn't it? With pve gear even with the innate 40% you'd just get blown up (quicker)

Not to mention pvppower for outgoing damage
    It is indeed better to use the pvp junk than pve gear. By a large margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stamina relies pretty much entirely on item level. My PvP set has 348k, unbuffed, average ilvl 370. My PvE set has 372.5k, because it's ilvl 482.

Those health levels will be pretty standard across most classes, barring stamina buffs and tanks. There is no Shaman health reduction. A quick check of people across the Shrine shows they're all pretty much in that same range, barring those with the stam buffs or tank specs, which obviously would be higher for those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Stamina relies pretty much entirely on item level. My PvP set has 348k, unbuffed, average ilvl 370 (470 obviously, cata habits). My PvE set has 372.5k, because it's ilvl 482.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thgroth/simple

ilvl 479, 333k, with 13.3k stam.
    I keep checking it over and over but can't see what I'm missing.

ilvl 479, 333k, with 13.3k stam.
    I keep checking it over and over but can't see what I'm missing.
    Sorry bud, your ilvl is actually 468. Your health is where it should be, no bug.

Just in case you have overlooked it, staves, polearms and 2h weapons have more stam than a 1h + shield.

Quote Originally Posted by K3npo View Post
    Sorry bud, your ilvl is actually 468. Your health is where it should be, no bug.

Just in case you have overlooked it, staves, polearms and 2h weapons have more stam than a 1h + shield.
    Oh yeah, simple mistake, ilvl 468.

But seriously, is it just because I use a 1h + shield, I have way less health than people undergeared than me?
    Sorry, it's just too difficult to believe. EHP is what matters anyway but 4 conq, full honor = 333k? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, simple mistake, ilvl 468.

But seriously, is it just because I use a 1h + shield, I have way less health than people undergeared than me?
    Sorry, it's just too difficult to believe. EHP is what matters anyway but 4 conq, full honor = 333k? Really?
    No, it's not having 1H+shield, since my own numbers also have 1H+shield. You keep looking at people who outgear you, or specs that have innate stam bonuses. That's it.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Smirty/simple

ilvl 469 hunter with 13575 stamina, 13383 is mine, with 1 ilvl difference

Tooltip says 13383 stamina increases health by 187102. 1 stamina = 14 health.

13575 - 13383 = 192 stamina difference, 192 * 14 = 2688 health difference.

Hunter has 343k health, I have 333k. Where's my 7.5k health?
    Last edited by Mithgroth; 2012-11-10 at 02:52 AM. Reason: fixed typo 15575 - 13383 to 13575 - 13383

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Smirty/simple

ilvl 469 hunter with 13575 stamina, 13383 is mine, with 1 ilvl difference

Tooltip says 13383 stamina increases health by 187102. 1 stamina = 14 health.

13575 - 13383 = 192 stamina difference, 192 * 14 = 2688 health difference.

Hunter has 343k health, I have 333k. Where's my 7.5k health?
    You are an orc.

He is a Tauren.

He has Endurance. Which is worth close to 7500 health at 90.

shamans have lower base health than other clases this is an issue for a while while others arte equel

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You are an orc.

He is a Tauren.

He has Endurance. Which is worth close to 7500 health at 90.
    Cheers, good point.
    I'm still half-convinced about it and can only see it more clearly when I'm close to completing my set I guess.
    I just feared that old WotLK stuff necro'd again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    shamans have lower base health than other clases this is an issue for a while while others arte equel
    Proof?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    It's a bit hard to compare, as it depends on races, not only on class, but you can't say shamans have lower base hp... They have same as mage, paladin and priest, and almost the same as warlock (locks have like 3% higher)... Death Knights and Warrior have most hp...

Base hp can be easily calculated with formula:

Base Health = Total Health* - Health from stamina**
    (taken from wowwiki.com)

*You need to exclude any bonuses you may get from talents, pets, racials and similar (Taurens Endurance or similar)..
    **You can hover your mouse over stamina to see how much health does stamina gives you...

Overall, shamans are hybrid class, and they can't have to much of hp, or mana, as that would make them a bit overpowered to other classes... Not to mention they are mail users... For example, they can't have more hp than Pala/Warr/DK cause those classes use plate, and as they are mostly tanking classes, they should have more hp (not always the case, but hope you see my point)... Also, they can't have more mana than Priest/Mage/Lock (or at least, they shouldn't have)...

And you can always check base hp on chardev site
    Last edited by mmocb88d937b6c; 2012-11-10 at 11:32 AM.

Shamans are the class with least base health.
    Atleast they used to be.

Honor Gear is 458 ilevel so your health won't be high.
    On 481 ilevel on my Shaman I have 400k Raid buffed.

I know shaman used to have the lowest base health, not sure if this is still true or not, since they normalized mana pools. IMO, if this is still the case then they need to normalize the BASE health as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman do NOT have lower health than every other class. That was true years ago, it was fixed, and it hasn't returned in Cata. People really need to stop spreading misinformation that is years out of date.