Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Amber-Shaper Un'sok - 10N

Hello,

We been progressing tonight on Un'sok 10 man normal.
    I got a feeling we doing someting wrong, really wrong.

Set up
    Tanks: DK - DK
    Healer: Shaman - Monk - Druid
    Dps: Lock - Druid - Priest - Shaman - Paladin
    Bench: Druid (tank) - Mage

World of logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fr...pes&boss=63666

First phase takes around 2~3 min
    Second phase we wipe on 60% of the add's HP

Thanks in advance,
    Terogaxu

10+ Year Old Account
    Just poking the thread so I get subscribed to it <3
    Please help us out!

Chevelle founder and Guild Master of<Divide and Conquer> @ Frostmane EU
    Also please follow me on Twitter

what tactic are you using?
    what are you wiping to?
    I think most guilds 2 heal this.
    seems like over the course of the night you took a lot of damage from amber explosions.

Deleted
    We used 3 tanks and 2 heals. Our main tactics is to keep the stacks on the boss the whole fight.
    Low dps in phase 1 so that we have more amber pools. I think the boss has 22 stacks when we go into phase 2. The last tank who's transformed stay as a construct the whole P2 and P3 to keep the debuff on the boss.
    In phase 2 we free the dps/healer who's in a construct (stacking a few debuffs on the Monstrosity, but they fall) asap.
    We reach phase 3 with 60-70 stacks on the boss... and he just melts

Deleted
    Hard to say what you're wiping to without more detail.

Our kill was done using 2 Tanks 2 healers 6 dps, The biggest source of damage is the adds in P2 so make sure your dps are switching fast to them when they spawn and clearing them up once the transformed player is dealt with.

During P2 we freed the first 2 players that got transformed and let the third carry over into P3 (monstrosity was approx 20% when the third player was transformed), We didn't bother stacking on the boss till P3 as we knew we'd have the dps to kill him before people started dropping and prefered to stack the debuff on the monstrosity to speed up the fight.

I would imagine the tactic mentioned above- stacking on the boss in P2 would be necessary for heroic but normal is a bit of a push over, I think we even had 1 or 2 player interrupts missed in P3 and still killed it.

Good luck!

Deleted
    The tactic we used was.

Phase 1: Tanks put up 7 debuffs on boss each time, go out right before the next tank gets controlled (as close as possible).
    -> You should also put someone on killing the adds which will help you a lot in phase 3.

Phase 2: We made our dps constantly break the constructs, but the people inside didn't go out untill they interupted a last time.
    -> The last person that's in the construct when the big add dies, starts stacking the debuff on boss.

Phase 3: Hero and zerg, and keep stacking that debuff, the debuff is crucial for killing it before everyone is constructed.

Setup :

Blood Death Knight
    Guardian Druid

Beastmastery Hunter
    Elemental Shaman
    Demonology Warlock
    Fire Mage
    Retribution Paladin
    Balance Druid

Discipline Priest
    Mistweaver Monk

-

Tip : 3 healing this fight is not needed, there's no damage for the majority of the first 2 phases if all interupt properly.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2012-11-09 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    what tactic are you using?
    what are you wiping to?
    I think most guilds 2 heal this.
    seems like over the course of the night you took a lot of damage from amber explosions.
    I'll try giving you some more insight into what we were doing last night.

1. We were 3 healing wtf?
    The reason we are 3 man healing is mainly because it was our first poke and the fight and learning an encounter is something I really like doing with more healers then needed. (since I am the raidleader too I get to kind of make these decisions.)

2. The reason we are wiping?
    We seem to be wiping due to very heavy raid damage in phase 2. This is from what I am noticing in the raids due too explosions going off though.

3. What tactic are we using?
    Right now the way we approached this fight was to have everyone spread out a bit , kill the adds away from raid to avoid any damage taken that was not needed. (I am thinking of stacking up next raid though, should we?)

What do I think I am going to get out of this thread?
    Well what I would like at least is get some pointers on what all you other guilds are doing with positioning for each phase for instance, since I've been thinking this over a bit and I think we could easly be stacking up on the boss for the majority of the fight.

Other then that there isn't a lot too it we just gotta make sure everyone gets the construct part right.

Any other helpfull tips are welcome too .. I hope this was enough insight into what we are doing , if more is needed please do ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    bump 10char

Our guild on normal is having issues was well on this fight. it appears that when we dps the people that are in the construct they are leaving too early then we get hit with the Monstrosity AoE hit which sucks ass because i know we shouldn't be hit. Do you guys have any suggestions or are you guys only dpsing the construct guys to a certain percent to make sure they can get out as well have plenty of health to live enough to interrupt the big guys AoE?

we 3 heal it

don't let explosions go off. you can stop every one. construct explosions should NEVER happen, there's no excuse. sometimes you get unlucky with boss explosions and no having someone reshaped at the time (you should actually time it so this doesn't happen, but sometimes it does). just call it out and have a healer pop a CD.

Can someone confirm that the healing debuff people get. Can this be Hand of Protection off those targets?

My advice: Stick with 3 healing it, seems like that's how your raid has been doing stuff. Just focus on handling the constructs properly and interupting things as necessary (both explosions). Our guild is currently working on this boss, 3 healing it, and our best attempt getting the boss to 10%, we still had 3 minutes left on berserk (wiped due to people not eating pools). This fight is not about DPS, and you don't need to worry about keeping the debuff up during any phase (except phase 3).

Deleted
    a problem we had with the aoe explosion from the boss was people not beeing able to interrupt because of the cooldown on the first button in the construct, so be sure that people who are transformed don't just mindlessly spam it aswell, it there are less then 6 seconds left before he starts casting it, have them wait so they can actually interrupt

Make sure everyone has BigWigs or DBM, so they can see when the next Monstrosity explode is coming?

Other than that it's just 1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1 on regular lol.

Just a quick observation: If you are using three healers, it might be worth letting the Amber construct explosions go through. They're extremely random, hard to predict and most of the time, the indecisiveness your constructs face cost a lot of precious dps. The damage is not that great, and if everyone is interrupting their own explosion(Which they ought to do), the fight is quite simple.

Some people may disagree, but the Amber Monstrosity explosion is solely based on luck. Sometimes, it was easy to interrupt, other times, it happened just when Amber Shaper used Reshape life on a target.

The one and only thing that you could possibly ever wipe to on this fight is people's lack of understanding the vehicles and interrupts, which is wayyy too much for some people while the people that are carrying your group get it rather quickly. Two healing works better, sure, it allows for more dps on the contructs in p2 and better management of the adds. Either way, failure to interrupt stuff in p2 is ultimately what is causing your wipes. The vehicles are basically the main mechanic of this fight. It's going to take time to get the retards in your group to not be able to fuck it up. However, if an occiasional monstrosity explosion doesn't get interupted, it's not a big deal...it's the personal ones that people really need to watch out for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    (you should actually time it so this doesn't happen, but sometimes it does).
    it should just never happen, not even sometimes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Just a quick observation: If you are using three healers, it might be worth letting the Amber construct explosions go through. They're extremely random, hard to predict and most of the time, the indecisiveness your constructs face cost a lot of precious dps. The damage is not that great, and if everyone is interrupting their own explosion(Which they ought to do), the fight is quite simple.

Some people may disagree, but the Amber Monstrosity explosion is solely based on luck. Sometimes, it was easy to interrupt, other times, it happened just when Amber Shaper used Reshape life on a target.
    Random and hard to predict? what? They're on a clear timer and any decent boss mod will show you a timer for when your cast starts, and the cast of the explosion on the monstrosity....

and it depends on how fast you push over to p2 of when the reshape life cd and monstrosity needing interupting cd line up, you either wait a little before pushing over or get your constructs to eat 1 pool each in p2 to stay in a little bit longer, it's really not hard if you look at the cd of it

OT: It seems your raiders just lack awareness of when and how they need to interupt judging from damage taken on WoL
    Last edited by mmoc8ea31c118b; 2013-01-30 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post

Worst advice ever.

The biggest cause of wipes on this fight is if the construct lets his cast go off and that cast is pinpointed to the millisecond by every boss mod in existence. Saying its random and hard to predict is rubbish. It's l2interupt issue.

Interupt in phase 2 and you are well on your way to a kill. Kill order is transformed person > oozes > monstrosity. You will find you dps the monstrosity very little, don't sweat it.

BoP does not work for the parasite but sacred shield will so throw that on them instead. basically any absorb mechanic is great for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimpson View Post
    Can someone confirm that the healing debuff people get. Can this be Hand of Protection off those targets?
    Not sure on that but Hand of Purity works a treat for the last few seconds of it.