Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I heard from a another guild person that in their 10 man that they get alot of pools up and in Phase 2 they get a construct then while DPS and interupting they eat 2 pools then they break out. Does this strat work? I have been told that no on should eat the pools till phase 3.

hi, we seem to be having issues with this boss as well. during phase two panic mode seems to kick in and we wipe either due to construct fails or healers being behind with damage taken. we two heal it, will try 3 healers next reset.
    however my question is about positioning and target assignments:
    • do you stack healers and range and heal through aoe and explosions from the small adds or stay spread out?
    • in this fight you have always 3 targets - small adds, construct and boss/monstrosity - do you have dedicated assignments for people for some to focus on boss, some to nuke constructs to 20% and some to stay on boss, or you have all on priority and switch targets?
    it seems that we are getting behind with the adds in phase two, people get hit by those and if we screw up on explosions we are not topped off and wipe so im wondering how you manage targets on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    hi, we seem to be having issues with this boss as well. during phase two panic mode seems to kick in and we wipe either due to construct fails or healers being behind with damage taken. we two heal it, will try 3 healers next reset.
    however my question is about positioning and target assignments:
    • do you stack healers and range and heal through aoe and explosions from the small adds or stay spread out?
    • in this fight you have always 3 targets - small adds, construct and boss/monstrosity - do you have dedicated assignments for people for some to focus on boss, some to nuke constructs to 20% and some to stay on boss, or you have all on priority and switch targets?
    it seems that we are getting behind with the adds in phase two, people get hit by those and if we screw up on explosions we are not topped off and wipe so im wondering how you manage targets on this fight.
    we 3 heal. dps is not really an issue on this fight, and we're not great at keeping the debuff stacked either.

we stay spread pretty much. oozes dying close to each other heal other oozes. also, you don't want people stacking in puddles or getting hit by teh scalpel. just seems like stacking creates more problems than it's worth. you don't have to be super spread out though.

seems like some people put oozes on high priority. we generally take them to melee and let cleaves and multi dots take them down. they can be stunned and rooted, but even without that, the damage is not really much, and our healers have no issues keeping people up.

the idea is to not get any explosions. but if it does happen, and at least one of your healers are smart, they can just pop something and you should be ok.

@asharia - thank for the reply, how do you handle oozes vs dpsing construct vs dpsing boss/monstrosity? you have assignments for people or priority queue (as in oozes then construct then boss till new oozes pop)?

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    @asharia - thank for the reply, how do you handle oozes vs dpsing construct vs dpsing boss/monstrosity? you have assignments for people or priority queue (as in oozes then construct then boss till new oozes pop)?
    It's priority. Reshaped person > oozes > boss.

You will get v little time on the boss but that doesn't matter. Work the mechanics and he'll die regardless.

Deleted
    There are many different ways this fight can be done but it all boils down to how good can the guys in the constructs press two buttons.

With my old guild we 2 tanked and 3 healed it. We assigned one DPS to the blobs, he would only DPS the Boss if no blobs were alive.
    We called out the parasite debuff - for gods sake stop healing that guy. If you have a disc or some other shield you can throw on him, do it. Try and avoid healing him with AoE.
    Make sure your raiders know what to do in the construct. Ideally, you don't want to drink a pool in P2, but timers can fuck you up and you should rather drink a pool than letting the Construct explode. All your guys need a Bossmod and activate timers. While you can heal through an explosion you take a huge chunk from your healers if you just do your job right.
    In P2 you want to get as many pools as possible. Kill the blobs. If you decide to 2 heal this fight RNG can screw you hard, last night we did it and me as a disc priest got into the construct 3 times in a row. It's annoying.
    In P3, pop everything. There is no need to hold on to your CDs seeing that you can be transformed anytime. Admittingly, the hgher the debuff on the boss is stacked, the higher your DPS. But if you get transformed waiting for that it's a DPS loss so just fire away. Those in the construct need to drink pools, pay attention to your willpower. Never go under 40.

Deleted
    Hi, as the mates before me stated that this fight can be done in many ways ... noone can tell you what will work out for you better (maybe if you share your comp).
    But some little things can make the life easier for you here.

As for one, aim to push the boss to P2 Synchron with Amber Scalpel. This way you dont have to drink a single pool in P2 as the timers for the explosion and the reshape are alligned.

As for second. We 2 heal it - we could not make it work with 3 heals ... as the extra dps makes it so much easier. Make sure that you spread out 8 yards. This makes sure, that there is little to none dmg in P2 if done right. We prioritise the ozes and even if our healer is permanent in the construct, the second healer has no issues with keeping us alive.

And the last, and what is important, in the last phase if you stack between the boss and the construct, noone will recive any dmg apart from the tanks. So just make sure, to shield yourself with the construct.

The mechanics of the construct just have to be trained. .. it takes some time .. some need more some less, but that's how it goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    As you can see there are many ways that this fight can be done and you will need to find what one is best for your group. If you have been raiding togethere for a while you probbly know what yoru group is better or weaker at! For us this is what we chose

3 Heal 2 Tanks 5 DPS -

P1: We split our dps up in half on the left nad right of the boss. They are all asigned to dps down the small oozes. Our ele sham is asigned to only dps the tank that gets changed life and burn them down asap. If the tank is not being burned down fast enough we call it out and everyone turns and burns them out then gets back to the small adds.

P2: We keep breaking peoepl out of changed life asap untill the big add gets to about 15% HP then start leaving people inside for P3. The 2 tanks basically fight for agro and try to keep the boss and add close to the center.

P3 ... Nuke your ass off and have the tanks swap based on the CD's they can have up!

This is my pov from our first night on him last week feel free to ask any questions :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZ2Gf4RFmo
    and the WOL of that kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...=13584&e=14029

We just got to him last week and tried all kinds of strats for this boss the one that finally worked for us was.

2 tanks
    2 Heals
    6 DPS

Phase 1:
    First tank pulls boss puts a couple hits for initial threat. Tanks will stack 7 buffs each and eat 1 pool Canceling auto attacks.
    No one Else touchs the boss we stack him to 30-35 buffs and once he gets around 74% we wait for the Ambel Scapel and have the Tank construct ready to break. and when he casts his scapel we turn and burn without lust and get him to about 38% (You get about 15 sec to burn him while he does scapel and another reshape life the other tank before he puts up his 99% damage debuff.

Going into phase 2 the tank will pick up both monstrosity and the boss while we quickly break the 2nd tank out to pull the monstrosity off the first tank. We assign the first person that gets turned into a contruct Interrupt duty on the Monstrosity while interrupts his own. when it gets 4 debuffs on it we lust and burn it getting out of phase. We do not break any contructs after the tank.

Phase 3 just pretty much stack and burn the final 38% goes fast. interrupting your own casts.

For Parasite i would as holy pally just cast Hand of Sac on every other one and then hand of purity on the last part of the buff. Doesnt hurt real bad unless hes healed alot

Though this might not work for every group but it was the way we managed to get our kill

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Not sure on that but Hand of Purity works a treat for the last few seconds of it.
    Parasitic Growth is nature damage so Hand of Protection doesn't do anything. Typically ask people that have defensive CDs to use them ... like barkskin. Otherwise, we put bubbles up (priest) and I use Hand of Purity in the last 6 seconds of the dot. If damage is high early on, I will use Hand of Sac and use unglyphed Divine Protection.

Currently struggling through this boss but we're considering ignoring the monstrosity explosion interrupts. With 3 healers, I feel like we can survive this with CDs, allowing the players in constructs to focus on keeping amber strike up and interrupting their own explosions. We lost our disc priest to an injury so we've got a fresh 90 hunter that's doing fairly low dps. Right now our biggest problem is keeping the adds under control and people failing at interrupting their own explosion. I'm hoping that simplifying the responsibilities of the constructs in P2 will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaquin View Post
    Parasitic Growth is nature damage so Hand of Protection doesn't do anything. Typically ask people that have defensive CDs to use them ... like barkskin. Otherwise, we put bubbles up (priest) and I use Hand of Purity in the last 6 seconds of the dot. If damage is high early on, I will use Hand of Sac and use unglyphed Divine Protection.

Currently struggling through this boss but we're considering ignoring the monstrosity explosion interrupts. With 3 healers, I feel like we can survive this with CDs, allowing the players in constructs to focus on keeping amber strike up and interrupting their own explosions. We lost our disc priest to an injury so we've got a fresh 90 hunter that's doing fairly low dps. Right now our biggest problem is keeping the adds under control and people failing at interrupting their own explosion. I'm hoping that simplifying the responsibilities of the constructs in P2 will help.
    You will die comically if you don't interupt the monstrosity explosion. it's a non-negotiable, especially if you are progressing on the fight at this stage of the expac. Learning the vehicle mechanics is the key to the fight. I don't know how to stress this more.

At the very least an explosion is going to happen when someone has parasitic growth and a tranq will make them fall over.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2013-01-31 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got Ambershaper down last night for the very first time and we kind of found a way what works for our group, setup, skills (as most of you know were average 10-man raiding group with occasional issues...).

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...ses&boss=63666
    Kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...s=9821&e=10351

Our setup:
    Guardian druid, prot. paladin
    mw monk, rshaman, rdruid
    2x dps war, 1 rogue, 1 spriest, 1 hunter

In general our warriors used Safeguard (afaik it was called) to help people out when they had the parasite debuff, so they wouldn't take that much dmg and well any other CD which could reduce damage on a person infected with parasites.

Also in order to keep the "accidental healing" under control, our pala removed all the glyphs and talents that were healing the raid "intelligently". So did everyone else to minimize the healing.

Phase 1
    After assigning hunter/priest to focus on the blobs, damage from those became smaller and gave the rest some breathing room. We did some "easy DPS" on Ambershaper, didn't pop any CD, not kept "properly" stacking the debuff on boss, to allow to get as much as pools as possible. Constructs were the main priority. Those didn't eat any pool, just applied the debuff and self interrupted.

On pull we dragged him to the middle, placed all the pools around the middle as best as possible.

When we reached around 72% and we had a scalpel phase, then we just stopped DPS completely, broke the tank out, while same time pushing him to p2.

Note

If you decide to delay the phase 1 to get enough blobs you will need to find out yourself how many reshapes you get before pushing to p2. As we hit enrage on one try when we stayed in p1 too long. You just have to experiment with your raid and find the amount of blobs and the time you should/want to stay in p1.

Phase 2
    We didn't broke anyone out. Had enough of pools to go around. The moment Monstrosity had 3+ stacks of debuff we popped BL and nuked him down. As both tank were not constructs nor got to be one in p2, handling the boss and his add wasn't an issue. On start we got the rest of blobs down as well.

We dragged the Monstrosity near pools for the constructs to have it easier to eat and interrupt. Also the CD of Monstrosities explosion was called out.

Phase 3
    Just left the people who were constructs and kept nuking. Yes, we even didn't break out the healers. In the end.... All the raid, but the tanks died along with the boss.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-02-01 at 07:02 AM.

yes the only thing about amber shaper is execution. make sure raiders save their amber strike for the monstrosity and dont mindlessly spam 1 or accidently get dps'd below 20% and click out. explosions are on a clear timer and none of them should ever go off. its fine to wait a few seconds before pushing the boss to phase 3. as for the healing debuff i dont think hop works on it.. idk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joaquin View Post

its better to let your own explosion go through rather than the monstrositys, if you want to simplify stuff. but in essence you will just make it harder for your raid and your healers if you decide to just let stuff go off that can easilly be stopped, that does tonnes of raid wide damage.