Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What time on 15th Nov is SWTOR going F2P?

What time is SWTOR going F2P on the 15th Nov?

I will be home from 14:00 GMT, so I'm wondering if I will be able to register for F2P then?

I hope its not something crazy like 17:00 EST or something like that.

I already have an account which I do not want to turn into F2P as I'm getting four 60day game cards for Christmas.

I'm presuming, on the 15th, that I will just open a new F2P account on SWTOR.com and input those credentials into the game client.

No clue what time but I'm wondering why you're making a new account for F2P? As far as I know, you don't need to create a new account for the F2P option. Your current account will simply convert to what they call "Preferred Status" when your paid game time runs out, and you'll be able to return to a full subscriber once you get the game cards.

If its like most games, and standard patch type schedule and swtor in general, I'd guess the servers come down at midnight pacific time on Wednesday night, and up and running about noonish on thursday

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    If its like most games, and standard patch type schedule and swtor in general, I'd guess the servers come down at midnight pacific time on Wednesday night, and up and running about noonish on thursday
    This, though also I wouldn't be shocked if patching that day takes longer than normal.

Deleted
    If i can just go 'preferred' to paying subscriber at anytime then I'll do that :-)

If anyone does find out the time please let me know

10+ Year Old Account
    you don't "make" your account f2p you just let the sub run out and it will automaticly be changed to preferred (even if your account was already inactive for a while it gets turned back on to that), if you have ever had a sub it will never go down to f2p
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Taken from site : "Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for twelve hours on Thursday, November 15th, 2012 from 12AM CST (10PM PST/1AM EST/6AM GMT/7AM CET/5PM AEDT) until 12PM CST (10AM PST/1PM EST/6PM GMT/7PM CST/5AM AEDT). All game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than twelve hours, but could be extended."

Enjoy.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Anyone knows if trial accounts will be converted to F2P like in WOW?

Deleted
    11.52 and 31 seconds give or take .1 of a second

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    i don't know for sure, but i thing "Yes" ...
    a trial account is an account still.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    12:00 PM Central Standard Time. Although, as Arlee said, it will be up whenever they're ready for it. We've seen a few updates that finished a lot sooner than expected, but I wouldn't schedule any game time until at least noon.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=554743

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Was looking for a different answer and stumbled on this answer

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    I had a Free Trial account but never purchased the game. Will I be able to use my account when the Free-to-Play option goes live as a Free player and will the restrictions be the same as before?

Yes, you will absolutely be able to use your previous account. All Free Trial accounts will automatically convert to Free-to-Play accounts. Restrictions will be different, so be sure to check out www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE/features.

(Source)

Servers are up.

And down now.
    Last edited by Odegon; 2012-11-15 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Maintenance got extended

Deleted
    Something went bad i guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    Something went bad i guess
    The whole game

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-11-15 at 06:57 PM.

No ETA on the extension so we might be in for a long wait.

6 warzones per week has dwindled my interest. The PvP was the bright spot of this game to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    No ETA on the extension so we might be in for a long wait.
    We definitely are. With normal maintenance you should always expect the servers to be up an hour late, same with extended. The fact that there's no ETA means we could be waiting for the better part of the next 6 hours.