Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Macro spring cleaning

Its that time of the year for me! I find myself out of macro space and short on keybinds, so I'll be cleaning things up and brainstorming this weekend. If you have any macro questions, or just want to steal one of mine, now's a great time! Some of them are strange - I play all 4 specs and don't swap bars when I change forms so.. its a work in progress! Things were a lot easier when i just played feral! haha

#showtooltip Skull Bash
    /use [noform:1/3]!Cat Form
    /use [mod:shift,@focus,exists,form:1/3][@mouseover,exists,harm,form:1/3][form:1/3]Skull Bash

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget [nocombat,stealth]
    /targetenemyplayer [noexists]
    /use [noform:3] Cat Form; [stealth]Pounce; [nocombat]!Prowl

#showtooltip
    /use Mighty Bash
    /use Disorienting Roar
    /use Ursol's Vortex
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("DruidT5", G"Disorienting Roar" or G"Ursol's Vortex" or "Mighty Bash")

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form;[combat,outdoors,noswimming] Travel Form; [nocombat,outdoors,noswimming,flyable] Swift Flight Form; [nocombat,noswimming,noflyable] Swift White Hawkstrider; [indoors, noswimming] Cat Form

/cast [stance:0] Cat Form; [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:4] !Travel Form; [stance:3] !Cat Form; !Cat Form
    /use [mod:shift,stance:0]

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /console autounshift 0
    /use [mod:shift] Nature's Swiftness
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help] [ ] Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists][] Faerie Fire

#showtooltip
    /use [combat,@mouseover,exists,help,dead] [combat,help,dead] Rebirth; [nocombat,@mouseover,exists,help,dead] [nocombat,help,dead] Revive; [@mouseover,exists,help] [ ] Nature's Cure

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt] Might of Ursoc
    /use [mod:shift,noform:1] !Bear Form(Shapeshift)
    /use [mod:shift,stance:1] Frenzied Regeneration
    /use [mod:shift,stance:1] Healthstone
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=60 Barkskin, Survival Instincts

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Stampeding Roar
    /use Dash

#showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,exists][] Wild Charge

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,form:1/3] Berserk
    /use [form:3] Tiger's Fury; [form:1]Enrage
    /use [nomod] 10; [mod:shift] 14
    /use [mod:shift] Berserking
    /use [mod:shift,form:3] Virmen's Bite; [form:5] Potion of the Jade Serpent

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [mod:shift] Entangling Roots; [mod:alt,@mouseover,exists,harm][mod:alt] Hibernate; [@mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] [ ] Cyclone

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift, form:1/3] Thrash
    /use [nomod,form:1/3] Swipe
    /use [form:0] Wild Growth
    /use [form:6] Hurricane

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,form:3] Savage Roar; [form:1] Maul; [form:3] Ferocious Bite; [form:5,@mouseover,exists,harm][form:5]Sunfire; [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] [ ] Swiftmend;

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,form:3]Rip; [form:3]Rake; [form:1]Lacerate; [form:0/6,@mouseover,help,exists][form:0/6]Rejuvenation; [form:5,@mouseover,exists,harm][form:5]Moonfire

#showtooltip
    /use [form:3]Ravage!
    /use [nomod,stealth]Ravage; [mod:shift,form:1/3]Mangle; [form:1]Mangle; [form:3]Shred; [form:5]Wrath; [mod:shift,@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] [mod:shift] Regrowth; [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead][] Healing Touch

#showtooltip
    /use [form:5] Starfire; [@mouseover,exists,help][]Lifebloom

Thank you Sir, there's a lot of very good macros there, i've learned a lot.
    But can you explain to me what this does?
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("DruidT5", G"Disorienting Roar" or G"Ursol's Vortex" or "Mighty Bash")

Thanks.

sorry for the late response!

long version: It runs a script (thats what /run does) that executes a lua function that gets the spell info for either roar or vortex or bash. Since you can only retrieve spell info from a spell name for a spell that you actually have, it will return the spell you have, and set that as the spell that the macro uses. I'm a little new to lua and this functionality but it gets the job done.

the short version: makes the tooltip work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    sorry for the late response!

long version: It runs a script (thats what /run does) that executes a lua function that gets the spell info for either roar or vortex or bash. Since you can only retrieve spell info from a spell name for a spell that you actually have, it will return the spell you have, and set that as the spell that the macro uses. I'm a little new to lua and this functionality but it gets the job done.

the short version: makes the tooltip work
    Wow, i didn't know that was possible. Awesome thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    Wow, i didn't know that was possible. Awesome thanks!
    Indeed, you can do a lot with macros. If you've ever got an auto-tell from someone saying they've cast an ability on you, that can be done via macro scripts. Often it will have been from an addon instead, but still :P

That's a clever trick for the Talent-macro. Thanks! Now I won't ever have to worry about dragging them out of the talents every time I respec now.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would like to request a macro if possible.

tiger's fury, berserk, trinket, agi pot, NS then HT.

that would be great

Deleted
    Hi,
    I'm trying to use your macro:

#showtooltip
    /use Mighty Bash
    /use Disorienting Roar
    /use Ursol's Vortex

but with the tier6 talents and dont work. I have tried to change DruidT5 with DruidT6 but it doesn't work neither. Can you explain me exaustive how the macro works?
    thank you and sorry for my bad english

Deleted
    The "DruidT5" should correspond to what you have named the macro, since it changes the icon of the macro in the first argument, at least that's how i understood that SetMacroSpell worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranks View Post
    Hi,

#showtooltip
    /use Mighty Bash
    /use Disorienting Roar
    /use Ursol's Vortex

but with the tier6 talents and dont work. I have tried to change DruidT5 with DruidT6 but it doesn't work neither. Can you explain me exaustive how the macro works?

The order of the abilities does matter, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.. I think the /run script can be in any order, but the abilities (/use) have to be in reverse order from how they appear in the talent page... although isn't vortex in the middle? bah honestly, I dont know. Try switching up the abilities and eventually you should find the order that works. If not, I'll figure it out for you tonight.

The "DruidT5" should correspond to what you have named the macro, since it changes the icon of the macro in the first argument, at least that's how i understood that SetMacroSpell worked.
    To be honest I dont really understand what the purpose of the name is, and I've actually named the macro T5 as I recall (I'm at work). I jacked that code from someone else's macro for mages and have managed to get it working for my druid as well.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    i would like to request a macro if possible.

tiger's fury, berserk, trinket, agi pot, NS then HT.

that would be great
    I would advise against macroing all these abilities together

/use Tiger's Fury
    /use Berserk
    /use 14
    /use Virmen's Bite
    /console autounshift 0
    /use Nature's Swiftness
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help][]Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

should work - you'll have to press it twice as with all NS macros

I'd definitely suggest macroing TF and berserk so that you can use JUST tf if you want to delay your berserk. The following macro blows all your cooldowns when you hold shift, otherwise it just uses TF:

/use [form:3]Tiger's Fury; Enrage
    /use [mod:shift,form:1/3]Berserk
    /use [mod:shift]13; 10
    /use [mod:shift]Berserking
    /use [mod:shift,form:3]Virmen's Bite
    /use [mod:shift]Nature's Vigil
    /use [mod:shift]Incarnation

Its also a good idea to macro NS HT seperately, but to each his own i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tranks View Post
    Hi,

#showtooltip
    /use Mighty Bash
    /use Disorienting Roar
    /use Ursol's Vortex

If you modified that macro, and didn't add a G to mighty bash, then it wont work I don't think.

Deleted
    I was trying to combine two of your macros, but i ran out of space:
    #showtooltip
    /console autounshift 0
    /use Nature's Swiftness
    /use Renewal
    /use Cenarion Ward
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("A1",G"Nature's Swiftness" or G"Renewal" or "Cenarion Ward")
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help][]Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1
    That is currently 261 characters so just above the limit sadly. I was thinking if you could combine the 3 /use of the different talents into one row?
    I'm not at home now so if someone would be so kind to test if /use Nature's Swiftness;Renewal;Cenarion Ward works for when you have specced into the different talents that'd be sweet, otherwise i'll just check when i get home

That is currently 261 characters so just above the limit sadly. I was thinking if you could combine the 3 /use of the different talents into one row?
    I'm not at home now so if someone would be so kind to test if /use Nature's Swiftness;Renewal;Cenarion Ward works for when you have specced into the different talents that'd be sweet, otherwise i'll just check when i get home

won't work like that, when you have abilities in the same line seperated by ';', it checks the first one, and if it can't use it it skips the line entirely.

try taking out the showtooltip part, it might actually be extranneous in this macro, I'm not sure.

/console autounshift 0
    /use [@mouseover,help,exists,nomod][nomod]Healing Touch;Renewal
    /use [@mouseover,help,exists][]Cenarion Ward
    /use Nature's Swiftness
    /use Renewal
    /console autounshift 1

This is the shortest possible macro I can think of that performs the functionality I would consider ideal with those talents. Unfortunately it doesnt' have room for the script to fix the tooltip

Deleted
    Oh yeah, the Ward is castable on others to... Bummer.
    Then again i never use the Ward talent so i could just remove that from the casting and tooltip fix and it should work as i want to.

Deleted
    The order of the abilities does matter, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.. I think the /run script can be in any order, but the abilities (/use) have to be in reverse order from how they appear in the talent page... although isn't vortex in the middle? bah honestly, I dont know. Try switching up the abilities and eventually you should find the order that works. If not, I'll figure it out for you tonight.
    I have tried to change the order of the spells, change the name of the macro ans anything else i could imagine could affect the macro but it still doesn't work. Actually my macro is:

#showtooltip
    /use Heart of the Wild
    /use Nature's Vigil
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Talent90", G"Heart of the Wild" or G"Nature's Vigil" or G"Dream of Cenarius")

I have tried to use also Dream of Cenarius but it didnt work neither. I hope you can help me, thank you.

#showtooltip
    /use Heart of the Wild
    /use Nature's Vigil
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("DruidT6", G"Heart of the Wild" or G"Nature's Vigil")

just made it, tried it, works fine
    Dream of cenarius isnt an ability, its a buff

Deleted
    thank you very much I will use it right now

Replace (at) with the at sign throughout this post. Incompetent posting filters.

/console autounshift 0
    /use [(at)mouseover,help,nomod][nomod]Healing Touch;Renewal
    /use [(at)mouseover,help][]Cenarion Ward
    /use Nature's Swiftness
    /console autounshift 1
    Shortened. 'help' or 'harm' both imply 'exists', you don't need both. I don't think your second Renewal line will ever happen, because it appears to have the same conditionals (i.e. none) as your first Renewal line?

Here's my DoC macro for using HT during kitty DPS. Heals the tank, or anyone I mouseover, or me if no tank/mouseover target. I bind Savage Roar to mousewheel up, and this to mouse wheel down.

#showtooltip
    /cast [(at)mouseover,help][(at)targettarget,help][(at)player] Healing Touch
    Last edited by Blencathra; 2012-11-15 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    Replace (at) with the at sign throughout this post. Incompetent posting filters.

Shortened. 'help' or 'harm' both imply 'exists', you don't need both. I don't think your second Renewal line will ever happen, because it appears to have the same conditionals (i.e. none) as your first Renewal line?

Here's my DoC macro for using HT during kitty DPS. Heals the tank, or anyone I mouseover, or me if no tank/mouseover target. I bind Savage Roar to mousewheel up, and this to mouse wheel down.

#showtooltip
    /cast [(at)mouseover,help][(at)targettarget,help][(at)player] Healing Touch
    Awesome, didnt know that

Yeah,
    /use Renewal
    /use Nature's Swiftness
    will use whichever one you have, I just popped renewal onto the end of the nomod HT to save a few characters. Its really unnecessary, and I dont actually use this macro so I really dont know what my point was lol

My problem with your DoC macro is - what if there is a tank but you want to heal yourself anyway?
    Also, you dont really need @player in there, because the only time [] wouldnt work would be if you were targetting a raid member, and how often are you targetting raid members and pressing that button trying to heal yourself? never, I should hope haha

#showtooltip
    /use Heart of the Wild
    /use Nature's Vigil
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("DruidT6", G"Heart of the Wild" or G"Nature's Vigil")

just made it, tried it, works fine
    Dream of cenarius isnt an ability, its a buff
    Just tried this one and it wont show or update the icon of the macro. Is it normal or maybe an addon conflict?