Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    We gave/sold them the weps, thats how we knew they had them.
    Yes, and that's why we found so many of them when we went into Iraq...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes, and that's why we found so many of them when we went into Iraq...
    We or the United nations? People make fools of themselves every time this is brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't people's private lives stay private anymore? Between this kind of shit and celebrities having every aspect of their lives under a microscope every second of every day, kinda makes me feel sorry for them.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The Homeland Security Committee Chairman has said they're more than likely going to call him in to testify anyways.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ude-testimony/
    Looks like both Hilary and Petraeus will be a no show at the hearings, !@#$

http://www.businessinsider.com/clint...arings-2012-11

I don't know why, but every time they say his name in the news I hear: "General Betray Us". Well, I mean, I do know why, they sound quite similar, but... I don't really know anything about the man and I'm not really trying to draw anything meaningful out of that, I just heard it once and now I can't hear anything else. Though that's probably how his wife is feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Looks like both Hilary and Petraeus will be a no show at the hearings, !@#$

http://www.businessinsider.com/clint...arings-2012-11
    If I am running the hearings I just reschedule those things to next week. I am pretty staunchly in the camp of "there wasn't much they could do to prevent Benghazi without making the situation far, far worse," but there is no reason for them not to be at these investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Why can't people's private lives stay private anymore? Between this kind of shit and celebrities having every aspect of their lives under a microscope every second of every day, kinda makes me feel sorry for them.
    Top Secret clearance requires marital fidelity because of blackmail potential. Everyone that gets the clearance is perfectly well aware of this. If you want that clearance, your private life isn't private. Petraeus is a selfish moron that should face whatever the maximum possible consequences for his actions are.

David Petraeus CIA scandal engulfs US Gen John Allen
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20308225

"A senior Pentagon official said up to 30,000 pages of emails and other documents from Gen Allen's communications with Mrs Kelley between 2010 and 2012 were under review."

30,000???

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Top Secret clearance requires marital fidelity because of blackmail potential. Everyone that gets the clearance is perfectly well aware of this. If you want that clearance, your private life isn't private. Petraeus is a selfish moron that should face whatever the maximum possible consequences for his actions are.
    Just like Clinton?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know who this guy was before this thread so it took me three reads before I realized it didn't say general petrosaurus.

On topic. I can kind of understand stepping down due to the black mail thing but it still seems a bit odd to step down over an affair. Though it depends how much he wanted to keep this or tried to keep this from his wife. If he had an affair and then told her, then it seems stupid to step down. If on the other hand he'd be willing to hand over state secrets to keep his wife from finding out....but I don't really know the details so can't say more than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    David Petraeus CIA scandal engulfs US Gen John Allen
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20308225

"A senior Pentagon official said up to 30,000 pages of emails and other documents from Gen Allen's communications with Mrs Kelley between 2010 and 2012 were under review."

30,000???
    When the news broke I watched some CNN and then they mentioned 10 000 and that was mostly after they broke up their affair.
    Stalker
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    He is a good man
    Based on what, his betrayal of his country or his wife?

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Just like Clinton?
    I never supported Clinton (although I was damned young at time), I still think he should have have been removed from office. Having sex with a subordinate is absolutely unacceptable from both a moral and policy standpoint.

15+ Year Old Account
    30,000???
    That as my first reaction to this. Who the hell sends 30,000 emails to a person? Even if you go the greatest length of time over 2010 and 2012 (roughly three years) that is still around 28 emails PER DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That as my first reaction to this. Who the hell sends 30,000 emails to a person? Even if you go the greatest length of time over 2010 and 2012 (roughly three years) that is still around 28 emails PER DAY.
    To be fair, it says "30,000 pages of E-mail and other communications". Perhaps he spends a lot of time IMing...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    To be fair, it says "30,000 pages of E-mail and other communications". Perhaps he spends a lot of time IMing...
    Knowing government inefficiency, they probably print one IM per page so roughly 15,000 of those pages are likely just "lol."

Throw in how bad journalism is these days, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually 3,000 in the first place...

That leaves us with 1,500 pages of "lol", 1,000 pages of "wut u doin?", and exactly 17 actual E-mails.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the FBI has now recovered tons of classified documents from Broadwell's house which she may have taken without permission from various bases. Jill Kelly, the socialite lady, he apparently now inflated her own legend to the point where she thinks that she should be left alone thanks to diplomatic immunity because she is an honorary ambassador. This has now reached the point where it is like a skit on a late night show. Kelly is now Colbert saying he is a real doctor thanks to his honorary doctorates from various colleges. This entire situation is incredibly stupid now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect Broadwell to be charged with treason. Anything less would be baffling, considering the things she has said.

And yeah, this is just idiotic and downright shameful.

10+ Year Old Account
    How has it stayed National news for 5 days that the former CIA Director / former leader of allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan was banging someone other than his wife? Seems to me that should be entirely a family matter to work out and have no bearing on the country as a whole.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    How has it stayed National news for 5 days that the former CIA Director / former leader of allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan was banging someone other than his wife? Seems to me that should be entirely a family matter to work out and have no bearing on the country as a whole.
    His mistress had access to his classified materials. That is why it becomes a problem. The reason adultury is a problem for political people and high security official is because one of the most common tactic to use spies as mistresses. Its even in the book of war. Wife's movement can be tracked by the husband rather easily but a mistress is far more independent, thus the husband might not know what information the mistress has