Poll: Do you agree with blizzards BoP Harmony idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzards dumb Harmony design, why?

Im not understanding why blizzard would make it so harmonies are BoP, Im a non-crafter, I never liked the crafting system in WoW ever. So it falls my my coin purse to purchase or farms mats and pay other crafters to do what I can not. I farmed all the mats needed to make Spelltwisters Robe and Spelltwisters Gloves, to then realize the only thing I can do to aid the crafter is give them the cloth, and or farm cranes in a group of 3 for 2 hours to get the tailor the motes needed for the 30 harmonies he will need to craft the Imperial Silk he would need to make the items i already have the mats for. And then 30 harmonies i have rot in my bags because crafting sucks.

Fire gear on, start the flame as I know some of you will have a mouthfull of spunk that isnt pertinent to the conversation at hand

Do you think this was a flawed design idea?

Deleted
    you can always trade them with the vendor to get enchanting or other mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    They designed motes of harmony in order to "get people out into the world" (aka world of dailycraft). It's an awful design, but you can never say that w/o an army of sheep spouting off how Blizzard is incapable of doing anything incorrectly and if you don't agree with their design "philosophy" (which btw they truly don't have, seeing as they consistently flip-flop systems around constantly for no apparent reason every expansion, often just ending back at square one and then defending their design decisions in pursuing something (again) they had previously "corrected" in prior expansions) you're just plain stupid!
    Look! Words!

You can get motes by planting Songbell, any gathering profession, looting them from anything. Nevermind there's only one kind so you don't bemoan getting your 12 fire when all you needed just one more air.

P.S. You have heard about the tillers right? Plant some seeds and minerals, herbs, leather, motes of harmony, and enchanting materials will literally pop out of the ground a day later.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    They designed motes of harmony in order to "get people out into the world" (aka world of dailycraft). It's an awful design, but you can never say that w/o an army of sheep spouting off how Blizzard is incapable of doing anything incorrectly and if you don't agree with their design "philosophy" (which btw they truly don't have, seeing as they consistently flip-flop systems around constantly for no apparent reason every expansion, often just ending back at square one and then defending their design decisions in pursuing something (again) they had previously "corrected" in prior expansions) you're just plain stupid!
    I think Blizzards "philosophy" is 'whatever Blizz thinks will work at the time'.

I may not like it but I understand why they did it that way. Could they have done it better? Of course they could have but it could have been a lot worse(remember Frost Orbs when they were BoP?). At least this way you can collect them randomly while doing other stuff or farm for them with the Tillers.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    P.S. You have heard about the tillers right? Plant some seeds and minerals, herbs, leather, motes of harmony, and enchanting materials will literally pop out of the ground a day later.
    Which would be great if my mains didn't have min/max professions and all the starting recipes being gated out the wazoo. Why the whole thing (reps, recipes, motes) wasn't BoA is beyond my ability to fathom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Which would be great if my mains didn't have min/max professions and all the starting recipes being gated out the wazoo. Why the whole thing (reps, recipes, motes) wasn't BoA is beyond my ability to fathom.
    Because its gating that will allow 5.0.5 to last a while, they don't design content to be min/max'd and completed in 3 weeks.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

It's designed to be a grind, like with everything in MoP. Though it's crazy the amount of effort (or grind in this case) it takes to make some of the crafted stuff with SoH. With raidfinder now, it makes a lot of the crafted epics completely pointless.

The only thing i don't get is why they aren't BoA. It achieves the same purpose as not being able to trade or sell them to other players, but allows you to send them to your character that actually needs them. It's a fail design for sure but i'm sure it's intended.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Because its gating that will allow 5.0.5 to last a while, they don't design content to be min/max'd and completed in 3 weeks.
    Whatever I just ended up quitting anyway. I already did my nine runs of Deepholm because of stupid shit like Therazane. I'm not doing nine rounds of revered factions for patterns and motes.

Best bet is to use em to buy lotuses.

Then you're pretty much set for flasks, xmutes, or gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The sheep your talking about is your kind sir, the ones who want everything without lifting a god damn finger or investing 5min in it.., any game where you have instant gratification stinks to high heaven and have a huge turnover in players before it dies complete 1 month later.

The only thing your right about is they're design philosophy, but that's tied into not releasing expansions that's 100% the same as the one people just exited, how can you be so ignorant?- nvm, I found the answer in your post before I asked..

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    It's designed to be a grind, like with everything in MoP. Though it's crazy the amount of effort (or grind in this case) it takes to make some of the crafted stuff with SoH. With raidfinder now, it makes a lot of the crafted epics completely pointless.

The only thing i don't get is why they aren't BoA. It achieves the same purpose as not being able to trade or sell them to other players, but allows you to send them to your character that actually needs them. It's a fail design for sure but i'm sure it's intended.
    +1

At least someone get's the idea
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-11-10 at 01:10 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post

There are newish crafted 496 epics to be made from recipes that drop from raid trash that require them and also the inclusion of Blood Spirits that either A: Require you to raid and disenchant the loot for them or pay for them on the auction house for very high prices at the moment.
    But yes the idea of making motes & spirits of harmony BOA would have been much better not sure why Blizz didn't go that way but not much one can do until they rethink it.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-11-10 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not fail, I happen to be a Blacksmith and I'm making a hell of a lot of money every week being able to make things and sell for a large sum of gold.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    They're not fail, I happen to be a Blacksmith and I'm making a hell of a lot of money every week being able to make things and sell for a large sum of gold.
    Very true if you are in the right profession you can make a lot of money that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

You people think you know grinds ? Urgh these grinds are nothing compared to previous exp grinds other games for that matter.

If you can't invest the time don't expect the rewards.

I personally Have 0 reps at revered yet, And I shouldn't expect gear...
    As for the harmony's their a fuck-ton Better than farming 5 different elemental's.

So in conclusion OP is lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I am a jevelcrafter, and i don't know what to do with mine 10 Spirits of Harmony. Lulz

No more crafting alts at start of content. You can wait (since GC said Harmony will be BoA or even BoE) or you can main your craft character. Pick one.

And again, crafters now NEEDS TO BE PLAYED. Not just log in, get mats from postbox and craft epics

And why you put question mark in "Yes, its rational" ?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2012-11-10 at 01:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Well compared to Frozen Orbs and Chaos orbs, I like it since it isnt a cluster fuck of trying to go against 4 other people to try and win 1 orb. I agree that BoA would be nice but really I dont see why its such an issue. If you have a crafter char and want to get em, farm em. You can farm the packs of 3-5 Hozen at Tiller's daily area for on average about 1-2 every other pack. If you are a gatherer only, trade em in for crap or just destroy them, because quite frankly its better than nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Hello, I am a jevelcrafter, and i don't know what to do with mine 10 Spirits of Harmony. Lulz
    Well theres always the 3 Spirits=1 random gem discovery for shits and giggles

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    When your main has professions that can't make anything useful for itself you have SoHs sitting there in your bags doing nothing. If you want to actually make something useful you need to level an alt with the right profs, grind out the necessary rep and the refarm the SoHs.

If the whole kit and caboodle was BoA I could have leveled the appropriate toon to 87, quickly gotten the appropriate prof to 600, hand it the recipes from a main that's put in the so called "effort" in that god forsaken rep grind along with that main's SoHs and get a nice piece of gear to go into the raids with.

But instead I got shat on because I was a bear that ended up with JC/BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post

Well theres always the 3 Spirits=1 random gem discovery for shits and giggles
    Yeah, but when i have all needed gems, i don't need anything to discover. I will just wait until they will be BoA, and send them to engineer to craft mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.