Poll: Do you agree with blizzards BoP Harmony idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    The sheep your talking about is your kind sir, the ones who want everything without lifting a god damn finger or investing 5min in it.., any game where you have instant gratification stinks to high heaven and have a huge turnover in players before it dies complete 1 month later.

The only thing your right about is they're design philosophy, but that's tied into not releasing expansions that's 100% the same as the one people just exited, how can you be so ignorant?- nvm, I found the answer in your post before I asked..
    Yeah, I'm definitely working on my tiller's rep atm and I'm currently 4 days away from exalted. I also plant songbell seeds every day for around 8 spirits a week to use for my living steel cd so I can finish buying the rest of the jc mounts. So, excuse me, what? Yeah, I haven't lifted a damn finger. Clearly. Since you have any idea at all of what I do in my game time.

But that is beside the point. The point is that the method of acquiring spirits is fucking atrocious and I guarantee they will become unbound later this expansion when Blizzard suddenly "decides" it's a good idea.

"We think making people grind out random mobs for soulbound crafting materials was maybe not the best path to take."

Quote me, that'll be the blue post.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely working on my tiller's rep atm and I'm currently 4 days away from exalted. I also plant songbell seeds every day for around 8 spirits a week to use for my living steel cd so I can finish buying the rest of the jc mounts. So, excuse me, what? Yeah, I haven't lifted a damn finger. Clearly. Since you have any idea of what I do in my game time.

But that is beside the point. The point is that the method of acquiring spirits is fucking atrocious and I guarantee they will become unbound later this expansion when Blizzard suddenly "decides" it's a good idea.
    Its really not that bad at all. 8 SoH a week? That is any piece of crafted, not to mention I'll make 3-4 SoH easily a week from doing various dailies, meaning without do ANY EXTRA work, I can get around 12 SoH. Best item for professions so far, farming primals/crystals/etc. used to be hours of extra farming, or god forbid frozen orbs praying I won the roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Hello, I am a jevelcrafter, and i don't know what to do with mine 10 Spirits of Harmony. Lulz

No more crafting alts at start of content. You can wait (since GC said Harmony will be BoA or even BoE) or you can main your craft character. Pick one.

And again, crafters now NEEDS TO BE PLAYED. Not just log in, get mats from postbox and craft epics

And why you put question mark in "Yes, its rational" ?
    if you are a JC and you dont have all your gem cuts, you can use SOH to get them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    When your main has professions that can't make anything useful for itself you have SoHs sitting there in your bags doing nothing. If you want to actually make something useful you need to level an alt with the right profs, grind out the necessary rep and the refarm the SoHs.

If the whole kit and caboodle was BoA I could have leveled the appropriate toon to 87, quickly gotten the appropriate prof to 600, hand it the recipes from a main that's put in the so called "effort" in that god forsaken rep grind along with that main's SoHs and get a nice piece of gear to go into the raids with.

But instead I got shat on because I was a bear that ended up with JC/BS.
    And, if you were a frog with wings you wouldn't bump your ass when you tried to hop... if its that important to you then change your professions...

in essence, no, you didn't get shat on

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The only thing that really bothers me about the profession set up as it is, is the reputation requirements. I'm a raider in a guild pushing for server firsts, and I like to be self-sufficient. As such, I've always had alts with maxed professions to keep me enchanted and rolling in potions and flasks. Not being able to unlock all the enchants until I get reputation that is, itself, gated is kinda annoying to me.

Motes of harmony don't bother me much at all, because they are relatively easy to get, especially if you know the best spots to farm. Anyone having issues getting motes would also do well to kill Major Nanners or whatever his name is, near the mistsomething village in eternal vale. He drops Wikky's Whistle, which will summon a tiny hozen who will forage for you. Kill 50 things and he comes back, giving you a bag with several potions/elixirs and 3-5 motes, as well as a chance at other things such as trillium, ghost iron ore, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the BoP Motes (rather than BoA) and rep requirements for crafting were intentional to eliminate the really common alt profession slaves from being such a huge thing in the early days of the expansion. The way it is right now most professions actually require some kind of investment to get the properly useful stuff. You can't just have an 85 alt sitting in Orgrimmar/Stormwind you log every now and then to craft all your enchants/gems/whatever if you need to have harmonies and reps to unlock things. This means there's actually a reason to go and talk to other people and use other people's professions.

You know, interact with other players? That thing most of you probably complain doesn't happen enough? :P

I'm 100% sure they will relax things as the expansion progresses. Starting with making reps easier as they are in 5.1. No doubt harmonies will lose the BoP requirement later on as well to open things up. But they like players to have to speak to other players and work at things a bit in the beginning. If you are complaining that it's too much of a grind to level all your alt professions... well yeah, that's the idea. It's supposed to be a lot of work to get everything. You don't have to by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a profession that makes money off Harmony's = Complain.
    Having one of these professions making money of them = Joyous.

If Harmony's are useless to you OP, sell them at the faction hub, and sell those things on the AH.
    Profession users got to 600, it's not simple and cheap. Then they got the recipes. They deserve to make some money for once.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

My main is a LW/BS, so they've been a good system for me with those professions, I've made more than usual from them, and they've been beneficial in that they've allowed me to easily monopolise markets in things that come from motes (competition simply can't keep crafting more to list against me). However it's hurt my alts somewhat, although not as badly as I'd feared when I saw how low the level 85 droprates were on motes.

I have far, far more issues with the placing of crafting recipes on level 90 based rep vendors, that has really slowed my crafting down this xpac and forced me into other means of earning to what I'd initially intended as I simply don't have time to level and then rep grind thirty alts. People should be unhappy about the impact of the dailies/rep system on crafting before they get annoyed about the motes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good way for EVERYBODY to make money off of them.
    Crafters are just able to make more money off of them than others, which they should.
    If you're too lazy or just don't want to level a crafting profession, then you shouldn't be able to make as much money off of them as the people who DO level their crafting professions?

your poll question/answers are stupid and confusing. also, it's not hard to understand why blizzard did this. they want only active characters to be able to use profs, not all uour alts that you don't use but for crafting.

People hated how easy it was to get everything in this game. Blizzard finally goes back to the roots a bit with a grind and suddenly people hate it. It goes to show you how much things have changed over the years in the MMO genre. This isn't vanilla/BC anymore and most of those people that did play during those years have moved on. The majority don't know what it was like to grind back in those days, hence why they feel like the motes grind sucks so much. If you played during those years, the motes grind is a familiar feeling and you're somewhat used to it by now. At least that's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    People hated how easy it was to get everything in this game. Blizzard finally goes back to the roots a bit with a grind and suddenly people hate it. It goes to show you how much things have changed over the years in the MMO genre. This isn't vanilla/BC anymore and most of those people that did play during those years have moved on. The majority don't know what it was like to grind back in those days, hence why they feel like the motes grind sucks so much. If you played during those years, the motes grind is a familiar feeling and you're somewhat used to it by now. At least that's what I think.
    I've played since release. I remember the grinds. They were crap then and are still crap now. It's not good design or compelling gameplay. People have moved on and developed higher expectations from games, and there is *nothing* wrong with that. They're games, they should be about what you enjoy.

When your main has professions that can't make anything useful for itself you have SoHs sitting there in your bags doing nothing. If you want to actually make something useful you need to level an alt with the right profs, grind out the necessary rep and the refarm the SoHs.

If the whole kit and caboodle was BoA I could have leveled the appropriate toon to 87, quickly gotten the appropriate prof to 600, hand it the recipes from a main that's put in the so called "effort" in that god forsaken rep grind along with that main's SoHs and get a nice piece of gear to go into the raids with.

But instead I got shat on because I was a bear that ended up with JC/BS.
    I use my SoH to purchase Golden Lotus for my raiding flasks. I get more SoH per week than I need flasks, so I've been sending my extra Golden Lotus to a friend so that they can skill up their profession, and get flasks as well. Once that friend is settled, I anticipate using SoH to supply my guild with Golden Lotus for more flasks. I don't feel that my SoH are wasted at all. That's my personal feeling on the matter, clearly quite different from your own.

I have crafter alts. They never stood a chance early on in expansions with packs of people farming the mobs that dropped the various, non-BOP motes and crystals. They just didn't. They didn't stand a chance against the very wealthy players who could afford rather high prices for elemental bits. Now, you can't buy your way to the top, you can't loot-block other people from the top. I guess that hurts the people who relied on those methods in the past, but for everyone else, this isn't a bad system at all.

We all know it's going to change in the future - Blizzard has already indicated that they're open to making SoH BOA, so expect that to happen. They've taken the stance for MoP's beginning, No shortcuts right off the bat.

Would you rather have a new Chaos Orb mat that was not only BoP, but also required running Heroic Dungeons?

The current system works fine. If they were BoE, or even BoA, then people like me could funnel all my Spirits of Harmony from all my level 90s onto one character and spam out crafted epics.

No really. I have 4 level 90s right now, and even just from planting Songbells I could funnel 64 motes of harmony onto one character every day.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

For what? My guild provides flasks and food and I have plenty of cash. I suppose I could have a neverending cache of Pot of Luck. Whoop-de-do there!
    I seriously thought the actual phrase was "Whoop-de-fucking-do". DAMN IT SOCIETY!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15