Deleted

Question Glyph of Grounding Totem, PvE viabilty

Hey guys, long time lurker, just made this account because I was really wondering if any of you have tested the viabilty of Glyph of Grounding Totem in raids.
    Would be awesome if you guys could give me any info or feedback you have/have not tested.

If I don't get any responses on this I will just run lfr again and put it down on CD and then check WoL after the raid to see what/if anything reflected to share with you guys!

Grounding itself works rarely on any boss ability.

But it works nice on Spirit Kings, no Cowardice debuffs for 15sec.

Deleted
    cool, first reply and immediatly something I learn. It doesn't have to just be pure dmg reflect either, utility possibilities like this are awesome aswell. Keep them coming!

Problem is, atleast on 10-man, is that you normally want the purge glyph. On 25-man it´ll work wonders for your group tho.

Deleted
    what magic effects can you purge of bosses? do you know any uses for the grounding totem?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthe View Post
    Problem is, atleast on 10-man, is that you normally want the purge glyph. On 25-man it´ll work wonders for your group tho.
    No Balance Druid / Priest / other Shaman ?

I've been using Grounding Glyph because it so much easier for the healers on Meng, put it down on 70 Energy and the healing intense moment of the fight will be turned into nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Grounding itself works rarely on any boss ability.

But it works nice on Spirit Kings, no Cowardice debuffs for 15sec.

Nice tip, didn't think it would grant immunity for 15 secs just one spell.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen discussion about this somewhere else, but how does one Grounding Totem cover the entire raid for 15s, and how does the glyph play into this? If I'm understanding the glyph correctly, it just reflects rather than absorbs. Can you still mitigate the last 15s of Cowardice without the glyph and it just won't reflect, or is the glyph somehow key here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wugan View Post
    I've seen discussion about this somewhere else, but how does one Grounding Totem cover the entire raid for 15s, and how does the glyph play into this? If I'm understanding the glyph correctly, it just reflects rather than absorbs. Can you still mitigate the last 15s of Cowardice without the glyph and it just won't reflect, or is the glyph somehow key here?
    I am wondering aswell, not sure how this works.

You get a ticking debuff on yourself that does damage when you attack Feng. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=117756
    Since he changes between 2 phases, if you drop a glyphed grounding totem before this phase hits, it will keep reflecting the debuff off your whole group. So you can be as triggerhappy as you wish, and take no reflected damage at all.

You get a ticking debuff on yourself that does damage when you attack Feng. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=117756
    Since he changes between 2 phases, if you drop a glyphed grounding totem before this phase hits, it will keep reflecting the debuff off your whole group. So you can be as triggerhappy as you wish, and take no reflected damage at all.
    So just before cowardice begins or just before crazed(cant remember name) phase?

Just before Cowardice phase begins.

Something to note: I´ve always had to glyph purge so i have never tested this myself, but it was written in another thread that this is how it should work.

Deleted
    Just before Cowardice phase begins.

Something to note: I´ve always had to glyph purge so i have never tested this myself, but it was written in another thread that this is how it should work.
    to purge what?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's for Heroic Spirit Kings, where one of the bosses gets multiple stacks of a buff that must be removed before your raid can resume DPS.

By the way I still don't entirely get how the Grounding Totem glyph works here. I get that reflecting is better than absorbing, since it probably puts some damage back on the bosses. But you can still mitigate the same amount of damage without the glyph, correct? And that seems like the most important part (speaking as someone who has not attempted this yet on Heroic, so please correct me).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried it at all, but what sounds like is happening is the reflect dot is trying to be eaten by the Grouding Totem, but totems can't take DoTs so it doesn't take damage.

Deleted
    When Meng is running away scared, this is the moment you drop down the Grounding totem. I haven't tried it unglyphed but while glyphed, you take 0 damage while the totem lasts. makes it even better with Call of the Elements & other Shamans in the raid.