Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Eitrigg has been largely forgotten, same with other formerly important orcs such as Drek'thar and Nazgrel.

However, I'm beginning to feel like the Horde will be taken over by a council, with Vol'jin, Baine, Eitrigg. Not sure what's going to happen with Lor'themar and Sylvanas.
    Putting aside for a moment how butthurt people would get over a non-orc being in charge, I get the feeling Sylvanas may make a power grab in the chaos following the ousting of Garrosh. Her priority is to keep herself "alive" now and before cata Thrall had left the safety of Orgrimmar what? 3 or 4 times in total? I get the feeling being Dark Mistress of the Horde would put her fear of death at ease somewhat. There's also the matter of one of Lor'themar's subordinates telling him he would make a fine Warchief. I don't know if that was meant as foreshadowing or if he just wanted to pay respect to his leader but there it is.

Honestly this "who will be next Warchief" speculation is what I'm enjoying most about the story right now. If they just put Thrall back in charge I'll be pissed. Less because I don't want him as a leader and more because I want something unexpected to happen. I'm putting my money on Vol'jin right now but it feels like anything could happen.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    I get the feeling being Dark Mistress of the Horde would put her fear of death at ease somewhat.
    For every race, being risen into undeath is a fate far worse than merely dying and having your spirit released. It's eternal damnation, Sylvanas "offering undeath" wouldn't be welcomed by any of the other horde races, especially tauren and trolls whose cultures are centered heavily around Nature. Sylvanas really isn't much better than Garrosh when it comes to suppressing dissent against her rule and the way she does things, she's just far more subtle about how she handles it.

I sometimes wonder if that old orc has been totally forgotten in mop

wasnt he suppose to be garroshes adviser why hasnt he spoken up he is prolly one of the most respected orcs there is

I know he helped defeat his old clan the blackrocks in the burning steppes but come on you think a orc who fought tirion fordring to a standstill then rescued him would have something to say

Deleted
    saurfang for warchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

wasnt he suppose to be garroshes adviser why hasnt he spoken up he is prolly one of the most respected orcs there is

I know he helped defeat his old clan the blackrocks in the burning steppes but come on you think a orc who fought tirion fordring to a standstill then rescued him would have something to say
    This shows how Blizzard doesn't care about most in-game characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good shout, completely forgot about him.

Problem is thoguh he must be knocking on his makers door.

10+ Year Old Account
    no no no no...Warchief can't be friend of Tirion, cause we will have Netural faction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

Well he was mentioned in Tides of War as being at the meeting about theramore and sending a warning to Thrall. So he's not completely forgotten and will likely play a role in Garrosh's downfall.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    I like Eitrigg, he is one of the most realistic characters in wow. But running a nation is just not his thing, he likes to help out and ect. but I don't think he would want it on his shoulders. He seems like a more kind of relaxing guy that just goes with the flow of time.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Eitrigg is great and all but he's way too old. Same with Varok Saurfang. I know having a youngster on the throne just failed horribly but it seems to me you'd want someone who won't be falling into dementia like Drek'thar anytime soon as the Horde's top dog.
    That's what I was thinking as well. Isn't Eitrigg nearly as old as Drek'Thar? I did read the books but I can't remember my lore exactly atm...just seems like he'd be too old to be a good choice right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well. Isn't Eitrigg nearly as old as Drek'Thar? I did read the books but I can't remember my lore exactly atm...just seems like he'd be too old to be a good choice right now.
    I remember that he was old in blood and honor, had fought in all of the wars and had like 3 children?He remembers everything that went on in the outlands and such, so I think he is or equal to Saurfangs age.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I think the shattering described him as being in his late 50s. That's not really very old and definitely not too old to lead. Drek'thar was already considered an old man by the time the horde even became corrupted, years before they even came to azeroth.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-11-10 at 08:00 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah hes old, but hes not Saurfang\Drek'thar old

So long as it's a Warchief whose business is war, i'm happy. Thus far, Garrosh has been doing an okay job at that, but you don't get to see most of it due to it happening in the Warcraft novels which I wager around less than 1% of the playerbase actually reads; not entirely unjustified when there's an entire 3D interactive world at their disposal in which to tell said stories.

That aside i'd still say Garrosh has to go, purely for being so poorly written to the point where he's Sylvanas-standard one dimensional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eitrigg's awesome, I loved the book Of Blood and Honor.

But Eitrigg is to old, and has hardly been involved in anything.
    #boycottchina

He used to be alright, but then Burning Steppes happened. Now I hate him and his son and want to see them both dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    (...)has hardly been involved in anything.
    Thats sadly true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    He used to be alright, but then Burning Steppes happened. Now I hate him and his son and want to see them both dead.
    seriously wtf..?
    #boycottchina

I want a Aggressive Horde leader. A less Hotheaded version of Garrosh would do good in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I want a Aggressive Horde leader. A less Hotheaded version of Garrosh would do good in my book.
    We've already had it with Garrosh, its time overly aggressive characters like him f***ed off and the horde got given a huge injection of wisdom again.
    #boycottchina