Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The vast majority of my max level groups have been fine. When it comes to low level stuff, though, it's just a nightmare. The leveling dungeons are so easy now that new players have no reason to learn how to play their class, or even their role. I gave up on tanking dungeons with my Monk because every single group would have at least one DPS running off and pulling mobs on their own. When I ask them to stop, their reply is "Why? I'm not dying." Hard to argue with that, but I can't learn to Monk tank while I level if tanks are irrelevant until 90.

While i can agree that people don't do as much damage as they should, i don't see any problem in it either.
    My dps as DK tank alone is plenty to pull us through the instance anyway. Been through countless of pugs, since it's so nice and easy to queue up for, and it's not that often i get drama.
    Most of it is somebody ninjaing some loot, and quitting the instance. If they still try to run along, they get kicked without much trouble, if they don't hand it nicely over.
    Rude people is kicked too without issues, but it's honestly pretty rare i have to do that.
    Once every 40 run or so.

In cata it was annoying as hell with people being bad, because you couldn't save it, but with the new eez-mode HCs there's no problem if the healer or dps dies.
    Probaby not if the tank do either, if the others know how to play.
    If you want good players, try to look after the good ones in the groups (from your server), instead of the bad ones, and get a friendlist with them ;P

15+ Year Old Account
    You learn to live with the pain. Thank god I'm blessed with a tank/healer friend mostly so one role is secured :P

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Only 2 years, and you're surprised to come back to a game that's exactly the same way it was when you left? What is point of post.
    I didn't know Pet Battles, reforging, gear changing appearances, Farmville and open world across server play with world pvp and world bosses were in the game more than 2 years ago ...

Somebody should check the patch notes ... Before posting...

Deleted
    Let's be honest OP, the community was always like that but before you had friends to do stuff with. Now you don't anymore so you see the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    That's almost as good as the group kicking the rogue because he wouldn't poison the tank's weapon.
    I still remember how in Cata I was asked to buff people several times or to off-heal. Seems being a night elf and a leather wearer makes me a druid. Don't mind those 2 daggers and me stealhing around, clearly I was a druid.

Blizzard has been busy stratifying the community with LFR, guild perks and plenty of other things. Not only do they cater to braindead idiots, they also ensure that there will be exactly zero consequence for acting like a douche, or just being the fucking WORST at your role the world has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Blizzard has been busy stratifying the community with LFR, guild perks and plenty of other things. Not only do they cater to braindead idiots, they also ensure that there will be exactly zero consequence for acting like a douche, or just being the fucking WORST at your role the world has ever seen.
    This is what I've seen. I remember when you would get kicked for playing poorly, and then you would learn if you didn't want kicked you had to not be terrible. Now people just say "we'll still finish just let them stay" like you're helping them by giving them free gear without them knowing how to use it or something.

That's almost as good as the group kicking the rogue because he wouldn't poison the tank's weapon.
    My sides are in outter space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's just the community these days. Older players pretty much keep to themselves ( I reside in this group ) . The community is divided between the old and new players. There are so many aspects of the game that has changed and it's been a double edged sword to say the least. I honestly miss the old school , game isn't the same nor my inclination to play it . Rabid attitudes run rampant with the majority of younger players which really make one want to never never ever ever ..breed (wow is a leader in the birth control industry after all ) ,
    I will say the art of the expansion is very nicely done imo ..and at least they did give us some what of a choice where we quested at this time although it's more a nod to it because you still have to open up certain zones/ quests for rep progression.
    The biggest downfall atm is the community......there isn't one . It's went from being an MMORPG ( focused on group play )to a single player with MMO elements. Personally I don't even see the point in joining a guild aside from the perks it might give you discount wise .But look at it this way...one more expac...and we're done thank goodness maybe at that point people will start having some fun again . One can hope anyway. In the mean time we always have The Walking Dead and other shows of similar quality.

I'd also like to point out that NO the community was not ALWAYS like this. Servers did a good job of policing themselves back in the day. If you were a dick. People knew and you didn't run shit because no quality player /guild WOULD run with you . Damn shame that can't apply these days.
    Last edited by Katt; 2012-11-12 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    if you feel like dpsing as healer your group is doing something wrong.
    I play a mistweaver, if I didn't feel like dps'ing as a healer in 5-mans, at least, then I definitely rolled the wrong class. It's part of what my class was meant for.

When I can pull 72k dps on the trash packs before the first boss in H-Shado-Pan Monastery and outdps all the dps, I'm not just gonna stand back and heal from afar when I can make the run faster while dps'ing and healing at the same time.

I don't see the problem though, I've never had anyone say a thing to me about dps'ing as a heals when I'm a monk.

I got my 10 days as well... could not get my monk past lvl 8 and got bored

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's just the community these days. Older players pretty much keep to themselves ( I reside in this group ) . The community is divided between the old and new players. There are so many aspects of the game that has changed and it's been a double edged sword to say the least. I honestly miss the old school , game isn't the same nor my inclination to play it . Rabid attitudes run rampant with the majority of younger players which really make one want to never never ever ever ..breed (wow is a leader in the birth control industry after all ) ,
    I will say the art of the expansion is very nicely done imo ..and at least they did give us some what of a choice where we quested at this time although it's more a nod to it because you still have to open up certain zones/ quests for rep progression.
    The biggest downfall atm is the community......there isn't one . It's went from being an MMORPG ( focused on group play )to a single player with MMO elements. Personally at the point it's at I don't even see the point in joining a guild aside from the perks it might give you discount wise .But look at it this way...one more expac...and we're done thank goodness maybe at that point people will start having some fun again . One can hope anyway. In the mean time we always have The Walking Dead and other shows of similar quality.

I'd simply try joining a guild and playing with them. Generalizing a community isn't exactly a good thing, no matter how much you want to do it. It could be that the group you were with was just randomly assorted with a group of morons, as that tends to happen to all of us at some point.

This has a lot to do with the content being new to most of the folks queuing LFR. Over time you'll see less of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    If you don't have self heals as a tank god help you
    Can be Tank or Healer doesn't matter you will be the groups top DPS
    God help you if you try to DPS as a healer, with everyone at full hp, because your group will bitch at you for not healing.
    this doesn't add up

Deleted
    "The less you are armored the more aggro you get..."
    Oh. My. God.

I finally understand why armor sets for female characters are so skimpy!

On topic - Yes, the community seems to have devolved into some sort of sentient goop. I would say that avoiding dungeons and just rushing max level for (structured) PvP is your best bet, however, thanks to the current MMR Exploit, even that is not nearly as enjoyable as it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I didn't know Pet Battles, reforging, gear changing appearances, Farmville and open world across server play with world pvp and world bosses were in the game more than 2 years ago ...

Somebody should check the patch notes ... Before posting...
    "somebody" should read the original poster's post and then decide whether the new things they mentioned have an iota of bearing on the points the original poster brought up. A little hint, they don't.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with the community. The number of assholes and trolls I run into in dungeon PuGs are few and far between. From 3.3, through Cataclysm's "hard" heroics, to ZA and ZG, even now... PuGs never represent a huge problem. Hell, people are even getting better in LFR... I describe the strategy for Will of the Emperor, we knock it out in one try. I've actually had people thank me for the explanation after the boss is down. Maybe it's because I don't make a point of it to insult others in dungeon runs, or make some minor little twitch into a huge issue that causes the group to fall apart. Either that's the difference between me and most people complaining, or Shadowburn battlegroup is just a shining beacon of civility in an otherwise tempestuous sea of trolls.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Its not any worse than it used to be, its just now you get stuck in a random group with not only idiots from your server, but the ones from others as well. Back before LFD you could filter it out somewhat by looking at peoples gear, talents etc, now you are stuck with what you get.

I remember the melee locks, who stacked defense, the Hunters who didn't even know what ice trap was, the Paladins who stacked spirit, and the list goes on and on. People are no less stupid, I would say though that the average skill level of the normal player has gone down. Average players could at least CC, slow, etc., today if you can use CC you are a Pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low lvl dungeon dps is serious business
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    "The less you are armored the more agro you get, cloth can't skip that group"

Words try to come out of my keyboard... but they... just... can't.