Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I remeber in Wotlk, before the LFD tool was added, i went with my guild me as tank and a healer from guild, Randoms has always been idiots, atleast 50% of the ppl i met back then. This has not changed with the LFD tool, i still run with my guild, for nice runs and nice ppl.

Get a guild that youl fit in, you will rarely find ppl you like in the LFD tool.
    Might be sad, but it has been like this even since vanilla. Ran Rend runs etc with ppl cursing,simply beeing bad and angry.

Get a guild if you want to get a nice sosial experience in wow, without it, you will most of the time not have a nice time.

But for a last note, ppl whine less when im running as tank and we dont wipe. However if we do 1 wipe hell breaks loose .. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    The vast majority of my max level groups have been fine. When it comes to low level stuff, though, it's just a nightmare. The leveling dungeons are so easy now that new players have no reason to learn how to play their class, or even their role. I gave up on tanking dungeons with my Monk because every single group would have at least one DPS running off and pulling mobs on their own. When I ask them to stop, their reply is "Why? I'm not dying." Hard to argue with that, but I can't learn to Monk tank while I level if tanks are irrelevant until 90.
    imho - DPS pulling is the perfect way to learn to tank. If you can keep aggro from people like that, then you will be a better tank. As a tank, I love it when DPS give me a challenge.... since the dungeons don't.

Also, I agree with your first sentence. I have had virtually no issues running heroic 5-mans. 99% of the people are nice, and at least listen to learn the minimal strats when required. /shrug. I just can't relate to the OP's experence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    this does not make me look forward to LFRs...
    Be afraid. Be very afraid. LFR is not a terribly pleasant experience now, especially Garalon.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Best advice is to find a guild and quickly.

Find one that fits your basic needs and then things you like to do (even if it's running LFR together with as many as you can).

I promise you that it will alleviate some of the stress from bad players making you want to beat your head into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbywabby View Post
    Best advice is to find a guild and quickly.

Find one that fits your basic needs and then things you like to do (even if it's running LFR together with as many as you can).

I promise you that it will alleviate some of the stress from bad players making you want to beat your head into a wall.
    My problem is that I have maintained a presence between world top 50, and top 500 throughout my WoW time, and been world #1 in 2 games since (rift & SWTOR), but I don't want to play that often so I am stuck to more casual guilds. Add in the fact that I am alliance and I have even less options.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Your LFR groups aren't a fair statistical sample of the community, as you never see elite 5-man guild runs.

/thread
    too bad elite 5-man guild runs are the minority huh

/openthread

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    imho - DPS pulling is the perfect way to learn to tank. If you can keep aggro from people like that, then you will be a better tank. As a tank, I love it when DPS give me a challenge.... since the dungeons don't.

Also, I agree with your first sentence. I have had virtually no issues running heroic 5-mans. 99% of the people are nice, and at least listen to learn the minimal strats when required. /shrug. I just can't relate to the OP's experence.
    i like when dps let me round shit up so they can aoe it down

that's how you properly do everything at low levels. round up, aoe, round up, aoe

My problem is that I have maintained a presence between world top 50, and top 500 throughout my WoW time, and been world #1 in 2 games since (rift & SWTOR), but I don't want to play that often so I am stuck to more casual guilds. Add in the fact that I am alliance and I have even less options.
    You have to think outside of the box, then. First off, don't be too harsh on guild progression when looking for one. WoW took a huge hit in subscribers at the middle/end of Cata and a lot of guilds lost fantastic players that haven't returned (I speak from being the guild leader in such a guild right now). For some guilds (by all means though, not ALL) have been affected by this and have gotten a slow start into raiding.

But there is no reason that you can't find a guild that's more towards the casual side that can offer you dungeons and relaxed raids but still know how to not stand in fire. Will you find exactly what you're looking for while trying to take a relaxed approach to WoW this time? Maybe not. Will you come close enough that it won't matter? Absolutely.

Deleted
    i dunno, i played since 2.4 sunwell patch (only did a few bosses in kara at most in BC)

and the amount of baddies i met in BC is pretty much the same as in cata, except i notice them a lot less now since i can generally carry their dps on my hunter.
    or carry them on my warrior.

I can honestly say that the communities general competence has drastically dropped since I last played.

Virtually every single person I have done LFD with has been an idiot.

Skipping easily skippable trash is virtually impossible
    If you don't have self heals as a tank god help you
    Can be Tank or Healer doesn't matter you will be the groups top DPS
    God help you if you try to DPS as a healer, with everyone at full hp, because your group will bitch at you for not healing.
    After a 2 year break a hazy recollection of of the dungeons before cata were is still be best guide you will have in the group
    And you better just ignore chat because some of the things that get said... "The less you are armored the more agro you get, cloth can't skip that group"

All my friends are gone, so I'm forced to pug everything and this does not make me look forward to LFRs...
    I think you are exagerating a lot. How many LFD's have you done to come to a conclusion that virtually every single person you've done LFD is an idiot? I've done HUNDREDS and have only come across a few moronic groups.

Strangely enough, I've rarely encountered any of those issues in LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    too bad elite 5-man guild runs are the minority huh

/openthread
    All the balls on a snooker table are red, because the colours are in the minority.

Nice.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I'm fairly sure that an earlier top 50 player should be able to get into a casual raiding guild that do HC raids because they're good enough for that, but neither want to spend all the time on wow. Even if you play 1/10th of your former skillcap.
    Doesn't sound like it should be a problem for you at all to pick a guild with nice people that wouldn't go fan-boy screaming at the thought of a good challenge runner.

On our server alliance is 2/3 of the entire population, and have the more hardcore raiders on that side, but of course that's differs from server to server

Personally i havn't had any really negative whine from wipes, except once.
    The group was somewhat annoying, pulling sides, and didn't reply to anything at all, so i said something like "Say if you don't think we can manage me pulling the entire room". Of course none of them said anything.
    When i entered the room ( a bit slow, since i wanted the healer to get a bit of mana for it), another pulled and i lost the last bit of patience and pulled the entire room of bored students and the professor in response(Which i always do if the healer some capable, but this wasn't so we wiped :P )
    Then they started to whine and ask what it was about. Told them that i've asked, and another pulled, so i thought they wanted to die.
    They kicked me! *sad pandaface*

Deleted
    Skipping easily skippable trash is virtually impossible
    But.. but.. i kinda... like playing my character so I always attack every single group with my tank.

Anyone trying to say the game has always been this way, it hasn't. It has far progressively degenerated over the last 2 years to appease the casual gamer. No one can deny it, and anyone who tries is just in denial themselves. I've been off and on since cata release and it definitely only is getting worse.

The COD mentality has invaded many aspects of gaming, including WoW, this "fast food" "get in get out" style of gaming is quite prevalent in LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    Anyone trying to say the game has always been this way, it hasn't. It has far progressively degenerated over the last 2 years to appease the casual gamer. No one can deny it, and anyone who tries is just in denial themselves. I've been off and on since cata release and it definitely only is getting worse.
    Really? Most true believers would say it started 4 years ago when Wrath came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    But.. but.. i kinda... like playing my character so I always attack every single group with my tank.
    lol

Yeah. That's why we have challenge runs now, and a huge chunk of the usual raiding community screams for the normal stone guard to be nerfed (i hope they keep them like this for longer)
    Top 1% might think that is boringly easy too, but i guess even you don't think it should be for those only.
    I think your problem is you have been on and off, and therefore don't know how it really is ;P
    Catas instances was very unforgiving (and very fun), but it made people QQ endelessly about dps, healers, loot, amount of valor etc.
    now the HCs are easy, and it's nearly free of whine, and the players that want to try something harder do challenge runs and raids.

Try to go back to Molten Core or blackwing Lair. It's not that hard concepts. It's mostly easier than what we have today, if we look past that aggro was much harder back then, and things needed better gear. The concepts in the fights wasn't hard.
    A boss like the omnitrons or stone guard is highly complicated compared to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my friends are gone, so I'm forced to pug everything and this does not make me look forward to LFRs...
    I love how you judged your wow experience solely on LFG...why don't you get in a new guild and make some new friends . LFG is full of other people who can't find or get kicked out of a guilds because they fail ...or they are busy casuals :-P ...So try and base it off something other then LFG because that really holds no water .

This is more hardcore BS. The casuals were well served in Wrath. Normal mode raids there were tuned properly, for the most part. In Cataclysm they were grossly overtuned before the latter part of DS. In MoP, normal mode raids are entirely out of reach of the average guild. Casuals have been thrown a bone in the form of LFR, but it's terribly flawed.

Blizzard could have served casuals by going back to the Wrath model, but instead they went on to a grindy model that's hostile to just about everyone. I have to wonder if there's intelligent life in Irvine.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I like the WoW community, this may sound strange but I like reading inflammatory responses in the LFR.