Questions about coming back.....

I used to play WoW on two accounts, I shut down one account before Wotlk even came out so it was shut off in late BC. The other account I kept playing on when wotlk came out, I bought the expac (wotlk) and played it for about a month then quit altogether. Lately I've been playing on a trial and have gotten all these nostalgic urges to play once more and get my old toons back.

I plan on only focusing on one account this time so I will probably merge my 2 accounts into one and scrap the other. Most likely keep the wotlk updated account, transfer over my toons from the BC account and then cancel it to focus on just the wotlk one. I will buy the newer expacs to get updated also but before all that I have some questions....

1. How would I go about reactivating my accounts after years of not playing them? As I don't even remember the Passwords, they are probably buried somewhere in my e-mail.

2. I know Blizz does all it's accounts through battlenet now and as I recall I never used a battlenet account for my old accounts so would I have to create a battlenet account to play again? Will my old wow accounts be automatically linked to the new bnet one?

3. There's been a lot of patches and 2 new expacs since I quit playing so will everything just automatically update once I install the newer expacs? (I'm not very tech savvy)

4. Above all, this is what I am really curious about, will all my old toons still have everything I left them with? all their gear, gold, mounts, Titles ect, will that all still be there once I return? Will they be in the exact location I left them parked at when I logged off for the last time all those years back? (I still remember for a few lol)

5. Will my level 1 name-holder toons still be there also? I know I had a few of those.

That's about it, I would appreciate some input.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. If you can't remember or get the passwords from your email, you'll need to contact Blizzard Support so they can help you recover your accounts.

2. I think you just need to create a Battle.net account and then you get the option to merge your WoW accounts into it.

3. Yes. Just open the launcher and it will download and install everything.

4. Assuming you haven't had your account compromised in the time you were gone, the characters should be exactly as you left them. If you do find your characters naked and broke, you should be able to get them restored if you contact Blizzard. Locations may have changed, though (I remember at some point everyone was returned to their racial capital city).

5. They should, although it's possible the names may have been changed if someone asked a GM to free up a name they wanted.

Deleted
    As a side note, if you get somebody to send you a scroll of resurrection you'll get Cataclysm for free. If your account has been inactive since before December 2009 you'll need to link it with a battle.net account.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2012-11-10 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    1. If you can't remember or get the passwords from your email, you'll need to contact Blizzard Support so they can help you recover your accounts.

2. I think you just need to create a Battle.net account and then you get the option to merge your WoW accounts into it.

3. Yes. Just open the launcher and it will download and install everything.

4. Assuming you haven't had your account compromised in the time you were gone, the characters should be exactly as you left them. If you do find your characters naked and broke, you should be able to get them restored if you contact Blizzard. Locations may have changed, though (I remember at some point everyone was returned to their racial capital city).

5. They should, although it's possible the names may have been changed if someone asked a GM to free up a name they wanted.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    As a side note, if you get somebody to send you a scroll of resurrection you'll get Cataclysm for free. If your account has been inactive since before December 2009 you'll need to link it with a battle.net account.
    Speaking of the scroll of resurrection, since I have 2 accounts could I send myself the scroll and reap the benefits for myself?

Deleted
    Yes, you can.

Can I resurrect one of my own World of Warcraft licenses?
    If your Battle.net account has at least one active World of Warcraft license, you can send your inactive licenses Scroll of Resurrection invitations. These invitations may be sent from the same Battle.net account.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...rection-faq#q6