Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I am ready to join the dark said

hi i am playing paladin from the first day i play wow but now blizz mack the ret pala like a joke so i say to myself lets play with other class and i chose waelock but now i want to know what is the best space to do a big dps in PVE

the best space would be one filled with mobs so you can AoE them.

Deleted
    Afaik Affliction is the best PvE Spec at the moment, however I'm not sure if this is a troll post or not!

who said that?

no but seriously welcome :3

LMFAOO

If this is a serious post then welcome..
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

guys its serious not troll i am realy want to know what is the best for pve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    If you think ret palas suck than you most likely will suck aswell on a lock. I'd say paladins atm are one of the most balanced classes in every specc. Be lucky to be one.

bosses in MOP moving alot and that make me as a melee lose alot of my dps and i lose dps too whan i move to avoid shits on the ground or massive atk that make me move away from the boss and dont hit him but as a range caster u don't care u can hit the boss when u are moving or so far from the boss and his massive atk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Paladin is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) class to play in MoP. I'm not sure about their DPS output, but they seemed to do very good so far on some of the fights in MSV.

Warlock however, is one of the hardest classes in the game, always has been. If paladin is too hard, too difficult, then Warlock definately isn't going to be your cup of tea either. There is a reason why warlock is the least played class in the game at end-level.... Get used to using a lot of spells in your rotation and keeping up dots on the boss at the same time (and managing cooldowns / fury / soul shards / embers while you're at it... and possibly your pet too).
    I have yet to find an even close to hard class to play. Feral kitty used to be somewhat difficult but even that is in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to know more about warlocks I suggest you start with the stickies on the top of the board, those contain enough basic information to get you started.

On the subject of "best for PvE" all 3 specs have their spots where they do well, but Affliction seems to do better all around and pull the best numbers, so if you need a starting point, go Affliction and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Paladin is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) class to play in MoP. I'm not sure about their DPS output, but they seemed to do very good so far on some of the fights in MSV.

Warlock however, is one of the hardest classes in the game, always has been. If paladin is too hard, too difficult, then Warlock definately isn't going to be your cup of tea either. There is a reason why warlock is the least played class in the game at end-level.... Get used to using a lot of spells in your rotation and keeping up dots on the boss at the same time (and managing cooldowns / fury / soul shards / embers while you're at it... and possibly your pet too).
    I've been playing warlock from the beginning of BC and have to completely disagree with the bolded statement above. Affliction DPS has become much more simple over the years and is currently at it's easiest I've ever played. Only thing that was easier was when Destro Shadow Bolt spam was the top DPS spec in BC. Since there is no ramp up for affliction due to Soul Burn//Soul Swap and also that you can "stack" DoTs without losing any up time or losing DPS it's quite simple.

I'd start by checking out the various guides on this site and else where. I've provided a link below to get you started to a very easy to use guide that outlines pretty much everything.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/affliction

Feel free to post any questions and I'm sure myself and the other veteran locks can help you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    was when Destro Shadow Bolt spam was the top DPS spec in BC
    Man, those were the days.

Such great, perfectly consistent damage from pressing literally 1 button for an entire fight. Applying elements felt like a chore and a wasted GCD. But seeing those huge 5 stack SB crits was fun for a while. Everything became faceroll then too. I was doing ZA bear runs while watching TV and calling out instructions on vent while being #1 DPS without fail.

That entire era reminds me of how easy it is for Blizzard to miss something that for many, was blatantly obvious from the patch notes. Oh look, destro warlock's hardest hitting ability also is by far their best scaling ability and it's a spammable nuke. Let's add a stacking debuff to it that increases its subsequent damage by a % so that good warlocks will want to include it into their rotations every 5 seconds....OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?

Good memories actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Paladins easiest class regardless of spec, warlock - one of the most, often most complex within at least one spec.
    Have fun and welcome to the dark side/said
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'd say go with destro if you're completely new to the class. Personally I feel destro resource management is very straight forward. Isn't much so called 'Management' as compared to Aff and demo. Destro should get you going while you explore / research more on other specs and finally deciding which one you want to raid as. If you're not
    as hardcore about numbers, just go with a spec that you like most. Aff sim highest, but I'm currently raiding / pvping with Demo spec which I kinda get attached too now.

Collecting kick ass looking weapon for my felguard is my fav hobby now.

Good luck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I have yet to find an even close to hard class to play. Feral kitty used to be somewhat difficult but even that is in the past.
    she didn't say it was hard, she said it was the hardest.

Deleted
    its probably better to go prot paladin instead tbh :P

Hm, warlock is not a good choice for class reroll from "glowpushbutton" pallys... i'd say hard to adapt after this playstyle. How about a mage? Same 2-3 "glowpushbuttons"... they are too have bubble "aka block". Portals/teleports etc. Top skill class as a paladin.

Deleted
    2/10. Way too obvious.

I can't believe some schmuck will fall for this.

Don't call other posters trolls. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-11-12 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    It's situational.
    I'd go for affliction for everything except for heroic dungeons, here I'd be demo.