Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does Blizz always take months to fix game breaking mechanics?

If you PvP'd in beta, there's really not much difference compared to live. Warriors were OP, Hunters were OP, Mages were OP, Rogues were UP, Monks were UP, etc. However, this thread is not about 'X is OP/UP' but the fact that Blizzard ignores these imbalances. It makes me wonder if they even play their own game. Blizzard always said PvP is balanced around 3v3, have they not seen the rankings lately? It's been weeks and nothing is being done. I don't expect BIG changes, that's what PTR is for, but simple hotfixes such as damage buffs/nerfs would be sufficient enough.

I honestly wish I knew as well. In WotLK, beta testers were on the forums telling Blizzard how crazy OP they were and wondering if it was going to be balanced. Blizzard claimed yes, that at max level they were going to be, and we all see how that turned out. Frankly, I think it's just because Blizzard doesn't really communicate between their own teams that well to make sure things like that don't happen.

You guys seem to forget the DK fiasco that occurred.

People were complaining dk's were terribly underpowered so they got crazy buffs to compensate before release.

which is a complete different story to pally's no one said much on beta about them, so Divine Storm of Doom also made it too release.

Blizzard properly does a bucket load of internal testing between listening to feed back. I wouldn't trust some wow players / mmo-champions to rate certain specs.

Also Lol At using 3v3 as fair representation. RSL was consider a very strong spec yet rogue's were among the least played :S

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Blizzard properly does a bucket load of internal testing between listening to feed back. I wouldn't trust some wow players / mmo-champions to rate certain specs.

Also Lol At using 3v3 as fair representation. RSL was consider a very strong spec yet rogue's were among the least played :S
    Also a big "lol" at load of internal testing.
    Well but the answer is of course because pvp balance has absolutely no priority whatsoever.

What is balance than ? any 3v3 comp viable for R1 ?

Do you exclude tank specs ? What about triple dps ?

Their is almost a infinite number of spec,gear,talent combinations that makes balance a challenge.

Although I Really wish i could find the Blue POst in TBC that mentioned they keep pvp unbalance intentionally to keep it interesting

Deleted
    Because they don't care about PvP and also because they are not sure on what to do. They don't want to follow player suggestions as you can obiviously see. Else PvP would be a lot more balanced because there are some really good suggestions of players and blizzard keeps ignoring them.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe they keep the unbalance and have these flavors of the month to keep subscriptions up (although in the case of 5.0, i know of quite a few people calling it quits due to hunters/warriors). when you have fotms, it makes people say "man i hate coming up against a <insert class>" and if they dont have one, theres a huge migration just to be overpowered for a short amount of time. hell, look at 4.3 - ive never seen so many people of all skill levels reroll over to a rogue. on my server specifically, if you /who 1-10 hunter, the list is full where if you do 1-10 rogue now, theres none.

to be clear, what im saying is, yes - absolutely - they could fix the problems in their game NOW, but seemingly easy things to fix get pushed until the next patch. hell, they hotfix really broken things or people exploiting within hours of it happening. they have and always will let certain classes be op for a while to keep people playing.
    Last edited by CoolHwip46; 2012-11-06 at 05:31 PM.

Its because they have "extremely limited resources" and they have to "choose between balancing PvP and adding one more raid boss".

Paladins need heroic leap.

Don't ruin this dream for me.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Paladins need heroic leap.

Don't ruin this dream for me.

lol

good one...

we can call it "Angel's Revenge"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijin View Post
    lol

good one...

we can call it "Angel's Revenge"...
    I guess that works... since priests already have Leap of Faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenro View Post
    If you PvP'd in beta, there's really not much difference compared to live. Warriors were OP, Hunters were OP, Mages were OP, Rogues were UP, Monks were UP, etc. However, this thread is not about 'X is OP/UP' but the fact that Blizzard ignores these imbalances. It makes me wonder if they even play their own game. Blizzard always said PvP is balanced around 3v3, have they not seen the rankings lately? It's been weeks and nothing is being done. I don't expect BIG changes, that's what PTR is for, but simple hotfixes such as damage buffs/nerfs would be sufficient enough.
    I don't think rogues are UP, and I think monks are within 10% of where they should be - a slight damage buff and a survival buff is about all they need. I honestly think rogues are fine - just warriors, dks, ferals, and mages are a little bit OP. Hunters are fine after the pet being able to be CCed.

Warriors DKs and Ferals are doing way too much damage. Mages mastery is too powerful. That's really all there is.

I do agree though, blizzard is taking FAR too long to change this. These are simple changes in the code for the most part. Things that could come in a hotfix from 20 minutes of work.

I do understand their reasoning though: They don't want to make any large changes in teh middle of the raid week. They already said they don't wan tot make any big changes in the middle of progression - so with that I can kind of understand the delays, I'm just really not happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I don't think rogues are UP, and I think monks are within 10% of where they should be - a slight damage buff and a survival buff is about all they need. I honestly think rogues are fine - just warriors, dks, ferals, and mages are a little bit OP. Hunters are fine after the pet being able to be CCed.

Warriors DKs and Ferals are doing way too much damage. Mages mastery is too powerful. That's really all there is.

I do agree though, blizzard is taking FAR too long to change this. These are simple changes in the code for the most part. Things that could come in a hotfix from 20 minutes of work.

I do understand their reasoning though: They don't want to make any large changes in teh middle of the raid week. They already said they don't wan tot make any big changes in the middle of progression - so with that I can kind of understand the delays, I'm just really not happy with them.
    The issue with rogues is that it isn't necessarily UP... its just that they're not fun. If you look at the rogue talent trees, its all talents they used to have with a couple of random ones thrown in there. The crushing blow for rogues is still the decision of Shadowstep or Preparation; either you lack all mobility or you lack the ability to chain your defensive CD's (which, lets face it, rogues are still balanced around since they still have a strong arsenal of them).

Rogues, like mages imo, have always been a solid PvP class. The issue is now they're damage can be there, but not as sub (compared to other classes). The utility that used to be there is now spread out way to much and the damage is a bit low.

Blizzard is always quite slow. In general, it works to their advantage - they are able to release higher quality stuff with fewer bugs this way. I like that.
    But for PvP balance, it doesn't work so well. It often takes the whole time from one major patch (x.0) to the next one (x.1), or it even takes until the next expansion is released and the cards are all shuffled again.
    If there's a PvE imbalance, they are usually much faster and release server-side hotfixes within days, weeks or few months. For PvP, we don't usually have that luck.
    I think the priorities are clearly visible there.

I just want to know what kind of internal testing and logic is behind how terrible elemental shaman is in pvp and why they havent acknowledged or done anything about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    I just want to know what kind of internal testing and logic is behind how terrible elemental shaman is in pvp and why they havent acknowledged or done anything about it
    I wouldn't mind being so squishy, but LB surely could use a boost on LB.

1 suggestion could be this : Create an official forum that ppl will have i) stat increase ii) spell/skill effect increase (dmg or heal) +duration and finally a small posts about thoughts( add an extra skill or few words about ur thoughts).This forum with the right support and advertisement could lead to : "Blizzard offical announcement: After reading X class suggestions and since its the 1st X class with the most suggestions we proceed to change according to YOUR suggestions".Of course it will be battlenet account bind so we all have 1 avatar for this and in order to create this forum or something like that blizzard will make 1 Global vote( we want it or not) only for 1 time in history!
    Someone will say "what about ALL paladins go the forum and write 100% dmg increase" yes i know its risky and prob most ppl wont like it but it will be US to blame for and not blizz,its obvious blizz dont have the time-want-care about pvp so its time DEAR FELLOWS TO TAKE THE SITUATION IN OUR HANDS! (bad joke prob).Its just and idea that can be really good with LOTS OF thinking on it.

Because if they rush release it then they'll just break something else, it ensures that the patches are as bug free as they possibly can be.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Because Blizzard doesn't know how to balance their own game, it's pretty pathetic actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I wouldn't mind being so squishy, but LB surely could use a boost on LB.
    not only that , beeing squichy and almost none of ur spells can be instant with a nice proc. even earth shock shares 1 with ice/fire , i mean why is still in game ? to choose dmg / mobility , i mean if i don't put fire on my target , my lava burst will hit like a wet noodlle , if i don't do a frost shock he will be within seconds on me and poof there i go T_T