Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    You can not claim it will be more easy to get the mats after a gun control was implemented. At worst it is equally easy to get the mats.
    It is illogically to claim the accessability will increase upon enforcing a restriction.
    He isn't claiming it will increase. He's claiming it won't decrease.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    do i have to consistently repeat myself; or is it that my statement so truthful that you have to dodge it?

illegal drugs are still making it over borders into my country, so would the illegal weapons.

at this point, i am trying my damndist not to get infracted.
    It will not INCREASE!! DO you know what that word implies? Maybe it will not be changed, but it will definetly not INCREASE!

Being logical is now delusional? Quite the opposite.
    Your logic is flawed.

Availability of legal firearms will decrease, illegal methods will increase. Even if it stays the same over all it is counter productive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    do i have to consistently repeat myself; or is it that my statement so truthful that you have to dodge it?

illegal drugs are still making it over borders into my country, so would the illegal weapons.

at this point, i am trying my damndist not to get infracted.
    I believe the problem he has with your comment is that it was said it would become easier to obtain a weapon than it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    He isn't claiming it will increase. He's claiming it won't decrease.
    Here is what he said:
    Getting rid of guns would do worse than keeping them because it would probably actually make them easier to obtain.

Being logical is now delusional? Quite the opposite.
    logical? your statement is far far far from logical friend.

again, illegal drugs are making it into my nation (logical statement), so would the illegal weapons (again another logical statement).

AND just to clarify, your statement was far from logical champ.

oh and btw, there are already a shit ton of very illegal weapons making it into my nation.

i'm done with this thread, because fuzzy loves to hand out bans, and i'm not about to piss him off and getting myself banned when i just came back from vaca, and would like to be able to post more than a week of getting home.
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2012-11-10 at 06:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crime rates up? Let's not work on better police funding! Lets worry about giving random people guns to just kill the criminals! That will sure show them!

Here is what he said:
    Which is true. Illegal methods are less specific about details and easier to use the legal methods. Illegal is easier to obtain than legal. Remove the legal methods and the only method left are the easy ones.
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Gun control is stupid. If you think banning guns will fix anything, then that's wrong. The reality is that you are disarming law abiding citizens while criminals can still obtain guns. It is not hard to obtain a weapon illegally, even if someone is hindered they can make one if they want to. Guns should be legal, the owner should be responsible with it to keep it away from kids and locked up in case of emergencies. I lived in MA for 7 years and know 3 people that got robbed excluding my parents. The robbers KNOW there is no risk from the home owners, yet after being 5 years in New Hampshire I haven't met or heard of a local robbery yet (Guess what? The gun laws are not strict).

As far as I know, the places with more lax gun controls are statistically less prone to domestic crimes. I think letting a community arm themselves is a right everyone that is qualified should have... Assuming they are not lunatics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you tried OP. The topic just draws a certain kind of poster.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I believe the problem he has with your comment is that it was said it would become easier to obtain a weapon than it is now.
    Thank you, I start loosing hope.

It will not INCREASE!! DO you know what that word implies? Maybe it will not be changed, but it will definetly not INCREASE!
    before i go. the illegal drugs that make it into my boarders are very easy to obtain thus so would the illegal weapons. please, for the love of god, educate yourself before you make asinine comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is risk everyday I walk outside.

I don't mind spending that small price of risk or statistic for my freedom.

Thank you, I start loosing hope.
    Look at post 28 explaining how his logic makes sense.

If an action has harder and easier methods of happening. Hard=A Easy=B the average difficulty is C

If we remove the hard one then the average difficulty becomes C-A which is less difficult than C

I know its not a perfect mathmatical equation but it gets the point across I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    before i go. the illegal drugs that make it into my boarders are very easy to obtain thus so would the illegal weapons. please, for the love of god, educate yourself before you make asinine comments.
    No offense dude, but it's like you aren't even reading his replies.

Deleted
    logical? your statement is far far far from logical friend.

again, illegal drugs are making it into my nation (logical statement), so would the illegal weapons (again another logical statement).

AND just to clarify, your statement was far from logical champ.

oh and btw, there are already a shit ton of very illegal weapons making it into my nation.

i'm done with this thread, because fuzzy loves to hand out bans, and i'm not about to piss him off and getting myself banned when i just came back from vaca, and would like to be able to post more than a week of getting home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan View Post
    Which is true. Illegal methods are less specific about details and easier to use the legal methods. Illegal is easier to obtain than legal. Remove the legal methods and the only method left are the easy ones.
    Here is the logical implications I said:
    Item X is available by method A and B. Now we enforce the restriction not B. eg B is 0 or invalid. Hence now X is available only by method A.

In worst case scenario the amount of X will stay the same. But it is IMPOSSIBLE for X to increase. If you fail to understand logic, stop insult us who do understand logic.

No offense dude, but it's like you aren't even reading his replies.
    He is right though. The questionable statement was that it would make them easier to obtain. So even if Shinoashi is not arguing what studkaw is challenging, Shinoashi turned out to be right, logically, anyways

Deleted
    I never said that the amount of illegally made/bordertransfered guns will be 0 if thats what you think.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 07:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan View Post
    He is right though. The questionable statement was that it would make them easier to obtain. So even if Shinoashi is not arguing what studkaw is challenging, Shinoashi turned out to be right, logically, anyways
    He have said 0 logical statements. Neither have you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you tried OP. The topic just draws a certain kind of poster.
    It does tend to be a divisive topic but without a certain amount of ranting, raving, and let us not forget rambling, we might as well just be on twitter.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    It does tend to be a divisive topic but without a certain amount of ranting, raving, and let us not forget rambling, we might as well just be on twitter.
    I think you also need an American only discussion.