Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You a WoW user knows all about marketing and better than McDonald's?

Snorting Kool-Aid isn't healthy, dude.
    That...isn't what he said at all. He said that McDonalds operates under extremely different practices than Blizzard, because they offer vastly different services under vastly different circumstances.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    "At this time, we’ve found no evidence that financial information such as credit cards, billing addresses, or real names were compromised. Based on what we currently know, this information alone is NOT enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    "At this time, we’ve found no evidence that financial information such as credit cards, billing addresses, or real names were compromised. Based on what we currently know, this information alone is NOT enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts."
    Sorry, I didn't realise you were selectively defining "hacked" and "user information" in a way that didn't include things like their email address and security questions and answers being accessed as the result of a security breach.

To most people, that would be considered a hack and that would be considered having their personal information compromised.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Obviously he does because he has the basic level intelligence to realize that World of warcraft and the fast food market are not interchangeable.

Why do you use the word "fanboi" and "WoW user" every single post you make? It really just weakens any points you have because anyone can tell you're deeply biased(If it wasn't already obvious from your signature). Pretty sad.

I'd say 99.9% of the hack situations are the users fault. There are very rare cases of Bruteforcing, however that would have to happen to someone with something precious(Eg. a fuck ton of gold + rare items), even then it's rare.

Having a good Anti-Virus is your best bet against keylogging, my Anti-virus updates every day if there are new keylogging software out there that they have found. Also you can download a Key Scrambler program that will work 100% against Keylogging(as the program scrambles the key entries so if you were to type "hello", the scrambler would make it like "mcazi" and the Keylogger would read that).

Anyone with experience of the "internet" is wise enough to know what to click and what to not click, you must learn if you decide to run with Windows Firewall only.

He doesn't even talk about marketing in your quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    This gave me a smile ...

Media training 101 ...

Note the "at this time" - part. It's one of those catch-all cover your ass you can say anything you want tricks.

Let me demonstrate:
    "At this time, we've found no evidence or indication yet that World of Warcraft has more subscribers than Guild Wars 2. Based on what we currently know, Guild Wars 2 is the most popular online game of this century."

Good luck trying to sue me for what I just said, even if it was a whole load of a bullshit.
    First of all, off topic, second of all GW2 didn't reach over 10mill yet, so Blizzard is fine still (just had to add)

Now back to the third part of the hacking view, not sure I understood right, but heard rumors that it was a dumbass in the company that copied the details, not hacked.

And back to topic, buy an authenticator or not. Your choice, Blizzard offers the service relatively cheap atleast not worth bringing to court.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I see you STILL can't accept facts (which BTW Surfd's post is nothing BUT facts) if they don't agree with your side of the argument, which you never had from the beginning.

Still think Blizzard is the only online service/website that should require AND give free authenticators out?

The amount of idiocy in this thread is mind-blowing. Why do people think Blizzard is on the hook for losing this lawsuit (not saying they won't pay the guy to shut-up because they know full well they won't recover court costs from him) but literally no other online company in the world is REQUIRED to use them, let alone give them out for free?

this is rather bull. The mobile version of the authenticator is free. The physical one you only pay for the materials it cost to make it.

And here is the kicker. you arent forced to get one...

This gave me a smile ...

Media training 101 ...

Note the "at this time" - part. It's one of those catch-all cover your ass you can say anything you want tricks.

Let me demonstrate:
    "At this time, we've found no evidence or indication yet that World of Warcraft has more subscribers than Guild Wars 2. Based on what we currently know, Guild Wars 2 is the most popular online game of this century."

Good luck trying to sue me for what I just said, even if it was a whole load of a bullshit.
    If either company or company that sells their products never released any info, that would be right, but it's not.

The correct example would be: "At this time, we have no evidence that Obama is actually good for the country because his plan(s) take so long before we can start seeing results from it."

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    this is rather bull. The mobile version of the authenticator is free. The physical one you only pay for the materials it cost to make it.

And here is the kicker. you arent forced to get one...
    If you follow the logic of those who think Blizzard is wrong and will be paying out millions from this lawsuit, it's simple because it's Blizzard and they offer an authenticator. That is literally the ONLY reason I have gathered from people in this thread.

They still can't comprehend that it's an additional layer of optional security to protect yourself. They would absolutely lose the lawsuit if they required authenticators but never made mention of you needing to buy them until you activate the account, but they don't.

PR is like a chess game, but you'll only start figuring out the puzzle once you learn to see the pieces. Those who don't see the game are the ones PR is designed for so they can be kicked around on the field without knowing they're being bullshitted all the time. (Which is about 99.99% of the customers)..
    Or you know, they actually just mean "At this time" because they were carrying out an ongoing investigation. *tinfoil hat* Sometimes an apple is just an apple, even if you can't resist the urge to try and apply your 'Media training 101'(whatever that is).

Judging from the wild assumptions, bad comparisons, and terrible analogies you have made just in this thread alone, I can only conclude that you are speaking from personal experience here.

The point you missed is that the phrases "at this time, we" or "based on what we know" are among the list of keyphrases they teach you in media training 101 to avoid responsibility for your statements. They allow you to say whatever you want even if it would turn out to be complete rubbish, even if it is already complete rubbish.
    Only if you can reasonably claim to be unaware. They aren't quite as all-encompassing as you make them out to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I didn't complain about paying the $10 for my security.
    You are paying for their security, not yours.

I think this Benjamin Bell is a gold-digger and i hope he ends up with a huge bill for his attorney.

Maybe instead of buying authenticators just learn how to not open up a damn email from blizzard, buying gold or getting malware/viruses on your computer. And if malware/viruses is your problem, I hope you don't use credit/debit cards online or use paypal.

OT: That lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Maybe instead of buying authenticators just learn how to not open up a damn email from blizzard, buying gold or getting malware/viruses on your computer. And if malware/viruses is your problem, I hope you don't use credit/debit cards online or use paypal.
    Someone who must be new to the internet or very naive.

You can be perfectly innocent and get compromised. One keylogger. A malicious payload from an innocent looking site. It doesn't matter how well you think you can hide and be free from the junk, they will find a way to compromise your account. Through the backdoor or through the front.

Blizzard even suffered from the same before MoP. We were all required to change passwords in the mess.

So if Blizzard isn't safe, you're not going to be.

Authenticator is another lock on your account to prevent someone trying to break in, even if a keylogger was on your machine, they still need the numbers from the Authenticator to get in. No numbers Blizzard nabs them for suspicious activity (as they can't have dictionary attacks, either).

If you're thinking you're helping Blizzard, you are not. You would help Blizzard to fire it's legal staff who believes the price of doing business is keeping them fat, while hundreds of millions of gamers dollars goes up in smoke in legal fees. Help Blizzard using common sense.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I reckon they should come with boxed editions for like the next expansion. If you have one, you can give it to a friend.

They don't break even, that's a joke.
    I didn't complain about paying the $10 for my security. It has saved my account from being hacked again.

But I can see what he's coming from. They don't do much to stop hackers.

Does your mom wipe your ass for you too?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It's pretty much Blizzard's fault. The authenticator should be shipped with the product, or sent after an online purchase. It would actually be cheaper, since shipping is already built into the retail box. It's also half-ass security to use people's email address as the account name. Hacks went through the roof when they started that shit. They basically gave hackers half the equation, and a way to contact and phish for the rest. Wtf? Now, it's a video game... and it's their video game... so I don't agree with the lawsuit. If you don't like it, don't play. I just agree that their dedication to the security of accounts is complete and utter garbage.

Someone who must be new to the internet or very naive.

You can be perfectly innocent and get compromised. One keylogger. A malicious payload from an innocent looking site. It doesn't matter how well you think you can hide and be free from the junk, they will find a way to compromise your account. Through the backdoor or through the front.
    So explain again, please, why it is appearently Blizzard's job to go above and beyond the call of duty to protect your account from compromises that occur on YOUR end of the computer? There are millions of people out there with Bnet accounts who don't have an authenticator, and have not been compromised. The vast majority of them don't have an authenticator because they dont want one. Why should they be forced to use what is currently an optional, increased form of protection, because a bunch of internet newbies fail at basic home computer security.

Plain and simple, beyond the existing basic protection of a Login and Password for your B.net account, Blizzard is not, and should not, be required to provide any other service. It is acceptable for multitudes of other online services, it is acceptable for Blizzard.

Protect your own bloody computer and stop expecting Blizzard to wipe your ass like an overprotective parent.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    It's pretty much Blizzard's fault. The authenticator should be shipped with the product, or sent after an online purchase. It would actually be cheaper, since shipping is already built into the retail box. It's also half-ass security to use people's email address as the account name. Hacks went through the roof when they started that shit. They basically gave hackers half the equation, and a way to contact and phish for the rest. Wtf?
    Yeah, No. It is not Blizzards fault that you cant manage to protect your own computer. Stop expecting everybody else to clean up after your mistakes.

Also, it takes about 20 seconds in the Battle.Net account managment page to change the Email associated with the account, thereby generating a new Login name. 1 minute of work on Bnet and Gmail, and you have a new login, tied to a new Email, that has never been seen anywhere else online but the Bnet databases. Never use that email anywhere other then Bnet, and you have pretty much rendered your account theft proof from everything short of a keylogger running on your machine.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-11-11 at 05:10 PM.