Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Not from the armory, but one of my old screenshots from around Naxx 40 time:

The randomness of seeing a fellow Stormrager here posting a picture of the good ol' days <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    I can remember in BC when I was doing work experience for school and the guy who I worked with played WoW, he showed me the armory and I was like wow all that stuff is complicated, then told him that Runescape was way better.
    You wish you could go back and fix that mistake?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    Really... Just look at the politeness and friendliness of people in those chat windows. I have not seen this for ages... The community certainly was different with tight-knit realms with their own communities, its just absurd if you compare it to dungeons and raids nowadays.
    Indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post

This is the armory 4 years ago. BC, I believe. Check out that massive health pool...that's a tank's HP, baby!

Anybody got any older pics?
    I know every piece of loot you had by name and where it drops... well still not sure about the cloak ;D

that Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer brings me back, my first ''epic'' - every tank had it, stamina on it and than you socket +12 stamina, sexy times ;D... I think I replaced mine in BT, had it for a long time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Indeed.

And here we see the 20% that became 80% in later years.

At least you (Seq*) saw the funny side alongside most of the party (jerkface Saf* excluded :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    The randomness of seeing a fellow Stormrager here posting a picture of the good ol' days <3
    Hiii, long time no see!

First ever raiding epic:

The crap UI and odd toolbars are simply because this is right at the start of vanilla - nobody really had guides on how to play classes, we were literally learning as we went along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiola View Post
    I know every piece of loot you had by name and where it drops... well still not sure about the cloak ;D

that Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer brings me back, my first ''epic'' - every tank had it, stamina on it and than you socket +12 stamina, sexy times ;D... I think I replaced mine in BT, had it for a long time
    I had that cloak as well and remember it been from some 5m.
    E: Either http://www.wowhead.com/item=27550 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=27804

Deleted
    Ye the old armory was really nice

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Not from the armory, but one of my old screenshots from around Naxx 40 time:

I can tell this is old because you have find herbs and minerals on your bars lol, campfire as well.

Shows how ridiculous the stat inflation is . Just over 20k hp raid buffed was quite high for tanks during TBC (this is what our maintank had during SSC/TK). Maybe during SWP they got to 25k or so? Don't really remember.

Always cool to see these old screenshots and videos . Unfortunately I formatted, gotten new harddrives and a new PC since then.

1st ever Rag pull. Dig the 4k health pool.

Major Domo awaits

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost never take screenshots, and I've had to change computers a couple times so I lost whatever I did have.

I remember when Armory looked like that though. :P I'm pretty sure I set all my characters in funny poses too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh yeah, I really miss that feature.
    Anything but the current stance. I AM A HOLY PALADIN...not a Ret!

Remember having Kev in a casting pose, and it looked 10x better.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Oh man, I remember old armory showing the buffs you currently had on. Lawl.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Have fun identifying the shiz in my bank/bags
    Also as you can see custom UI's were always a work in progress in vanilla.

Original Ony! Must be a good deal more geared as I am now at over 5k health raid buffed.
    5 min blessings FTW
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/minkage/ony.gif

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It ticked for about 2.5k a second so unless your group could click thier cubes within 3 seconds of the channel starting, so having over 10k bought your raid a bonus second of error time

It was Warlord Naj'entus where you *had* to have over 9k because when you popped his shield it blew for 9k dmg on the raid Good times
    We had a dps player who refused to get his hp over 9k, because he said it will lower his dps..that is true, but whats the point having lots dps if you going to die the guy just didnt get the point.

Deleted
    Seeing all these old screenshots makes me realize how awesome wow is today. Its just insanely much better in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Seeing all these old screenshots makes me realize how awesome wow is today. Its just insanely much better in every way.
    Not sure if troll or never played Vanilla/BC
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Kiting Teremus from blasted lands to SW

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...teteremus1.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...teteremus2.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...teteremus3.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...teteremus4.jpg

Sunwells release day 1

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 03:33 PM ----------

Last screenie from me

Someone kited one of the unkillable mobs from blasted lands into SW.
    It stayed there for a couple of hours beating on whoever had aggroed while everyone leveled up various weapon skills on it.
    A GM eventually has to despawn it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Not sure if troll or never played Vanilla/BC
    I didnt play vanilla, ill give you that.
    But i played all of BC and ever since and im 100% serious that the game is better in every way today than it was in BC.

Im not interested in turning this into yet another "vanilla was so good"-thread so if you are going in that direction ill respectfully agree to disagree.