Deleted

Optimizing gear 3rd party program

I picked up wow again recently after having a break since late WotLK. I was raiding hard core and I remember having a 3rd party program that you could load up your character into. This program allowed you to click on each item and see what other items you could get in the game that would cause your dps to increase. It also calculated an average of what DPS you should be at if you did everything correct. I remember downloading this program from elitist jerks, I believe, but I couldnt find it when I searched their site today.

Any help? What was the name of that program, and is there a verison for MoP out?

Deleted
    Maybe Rawr?

Deleted
    Sounds like Rawr. No idea how well it works for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    RAWR

But don't bother it's useless at this point hardly anything is working.
    Have to agree with you here, used it in the past and it was fine (towards end of wrath) but tried it yesterday and Jesus I don't know what's happened but it was laggy as hell for me kept crashing out. It also did not do a good job of optimising at all. It does say its in development though and my class is only partly supported (it says that for all class's)

Try askmrrobot.com I know its not an app as such but it works better than any of the others I tried.

Deleted
    If you are a rogue, then Shadowcraft is back online and does most of the things you wrote.
    If not I believe that the only option is Simcraft? But its surely not immediate to use.

Askmrrobot gives you BiS lists, reforge and other optimizations but doesnt calculate your theoretical DPS.

Deleted
    It was Rawr I was referring to, but I guess from what you guys are saying theres no point trying it out.

Deleted
    Either Rawr or simulationcraft