Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboMog123 View Post
    Does this account for Dark Soul and other non-SP buffs as well, or does it only account for the damage of dots?
    Damage is calculated using your haste, mastery, spell damage and critical hit chance. DS increse your haste by 30%, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    What addon except Power Auras can I use to track my cds and ICDs,as soon as I enable Power auras I have around ~18fps so no chance i'll use it.
    Need to know is capable of tracking ICD's for sure. I never tried tracking normal cds with it tho ,but i think its capable of that aswell.

My biggest trouble in affliction is to know when to refresh a dot in a tricky part of a boss fight. This will ease the task by a lot!
    Gonna check it asap.

This addon is amazing, I wish fortex worked something like this into their addon.

I do have a Question about this addon (well I guess about refreshing in general). At what point of difference between higher current target dot power (that is if i refresh my dots they would have lower power then they have now) is it advisable to refresh dots early anyways to get the maximium Pandemic to put off using a GCD until later? Or do you wait to refresh your dots until just before expire when the newly refreshed dots would have lower power?

Must have addon..

Simply amazing.

I wish we could have a Haunt Tracker (so i don't need to use another timer again)

Deleted
    Amazing addon! You deserve a medal!

Awesome mod as said before however there is one thing that must be a bug.
    Probably caused by interference of other mods, but here goes.

Whenever you put it up dots, after about 5 seconds, when they are still ticking the view on affdots just goes blank as if there are no dots on the target.
    This makes the mod obviously unworkable.
    Anyone else encountered this behaviour?
    Last edited by Angyarr45; 2012-11-11 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Angyarr45 View Post

Whenever you put it up dots, after about 5 seconds, when they are still ticking the view on affdots just goes blank as is there are no dots on the target.
    100% work here.. no bugs..

Try to disable your addons.

Allright, ill post here if i find the conflicting mod for future reference

Quote Originally Posted by Angyarr45 View Post

Whenever you put it up dots, after about 5 seconds, when they are still ticking the view on affdots just goes blank as if there are no dots on the target.
    Training dummy? Addon forgets all saved information when leaving combat (to save memory and stuff like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Training dummy? Addon forgets all saved information when leaving combat (to save memory and stuff like that).
    It was a dummy but I never left combat. While still in combat suddenly the dots fell off in the Affdots interface.
    Anyway some strange behaviour. I turned off debuff filter which I was using and will be using for haunt filtering. Relog and turn it back on and suddenly it works.
    Maybe they are calling the same API's. Anyway it works now, will monitor this.

Just reposting this from the affliction thread in case it was missed:
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Ideas:
    -On/Off combat feature (hide out of combat)
    -Size options
    -Hide/Unhide numbers
    -Bars instead of numbers for timers
    -% of difference instead of numbers, (negative if its a loss)
    -Thresholds based on these % (example: doesn't show blue when the gain is below 4% damage gain)
    I like these suggestions, especially the one to hide AffDots when not in combat.

Also, while using the AffDots it made me rethink about how I've been using Haunt. I used to cast it during Int procs but really the best time to cast Haunt (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) is during supercharged DoTs, which might not necessarily be during a proc but after it has faded. Do you think it's plausible to consider a feature that determines the most optimal times to cast Haunt depending on Soul Shard count, DoT power, etc?

Thanks again for your work on this add-on, it's been pretty fun to use so far!
    Last edited by Tomed; 2012-11-11 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    Do you think it's plausible to consider a feature that determines the most optimal times to cast Haunt depending on Soul Shard count, DoT power, etc?
    I think that'd be a heck of a lot of variables to have to programme in and account for, not sure if that'd even be possible. I mean the addon would never be able to take into account when there are adds you can drain and get shards back from, causing you to waste shards playing conservitavely with them, when you can spam them a bit. I think obstacles like that would make it impossible for the thing to be accurate.

Well, people want Haunt, so I'll try to add optional Haunt display. Coloring background at 4 shards is pretty obvious, but dot power is tricky, need to think about that.

Deleted
    It's kinda good.

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try shortly. Does the strength of the dot take into account mastery, crit, and haste, or just spell power?

Nevermind. Just saw the comment.
    Last edited by WildcatTM; 2012-11-12 at 08:07 AM.

I have actually asked for a addon that could do exactly this but as I use ForteXorcist and have it configured just how I like it I wont be using two dot trackers. I hope Forte incorporates this into theirs. Its a need-to-have for Affliction. Good work though.

its amazing for performance.
    if i would want any improvement, it would be threshold for when a dot is considered yellow. maybe yellowish-green if power is just slightly under current.

but best invention since first dotimer

I gave it a try, and it works like a charm. It does just what it says it does, quite effectively. Colors may not be intuitive at first glance (always think red being alert meaning "refresh now") but I'll probably get used to it.