Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    I gave it a try, and it works like a charm. It does just what it says it does, quite effectively. Colors may not be intuitive at first glance (always think red being alert meaning "refresh now") but I'll probably get used to it.
    I got the same problem with the colors.

Green means - it is good to recast dots now and red means - it would be bad to recast now.

But intuitively, I react to the colors the other way around. Green signals - all is good keep draining and red signals - something is wrong with the dots, do something!

I have a question, how hard would it be to do the same code for focus target? It should be possible to have two of these affdot windows floating around, right?

It's a great addon for people that are understand how it works.

Atm I'm not using it coz I have some doubts how it works, a good suggestion would be if you could load more the colors, sometimes I'm not sure if it's blue or green . And no I'm not color-blind.

Or if you could increase its size.

I'm not 100% sure how it works and I read it's tooltip.

All the time we have yellow,blue we should refresh all dots? Our best performance it's when all of the dots are "red".? I'm kinda confused with that,

For example at the start of the fight, you Dark Soul and 3-4 before it fades, you SB:SS to gain all DS effect. Those dots are super powerful and at that time the color that they have it's "yelllow", "green" doesn't appear unless I refresh them and let them almost fade.

That means after I SB:SS with DS "inside" dots I should let them fade completly? Since from what I understood on addon "green" it's when dots are weak ,are almost fading and I will benift from full pandemic.

Sorry if you didn't understand what I meant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    It's a great addon for people that are understand how it works.

Atm I'm not using it coz I have some doubts how it works, a good suggestion would be if you could load more the colors, sometimes I'm not sure if it's blue or green . And no I'm not color-blind.

Or if you could increase its size.

I'm not 100% sure how it works and I read it's tooltip.

All the time we have yellow,blue we should refresh all dots? Our best performance it's when all of the dots are "red".? I'm kinda confused with that,

For example at the start of the fight, you Dark Soul and 3-4 before it fades, you SB:SS to gain all DS effect. Those dots are super powerful and at that time the color that they have it's "yelllow", "green" doesn't appear unless I refresh them and let them almost fade.

That means after I SB:SS with DS "inside" dots I should let them fade completly? Since from what I understood on addon "green" it's when dots are weak ,are almost fading and I will benift from full pandemic.

Sorry if you didn't understand what I meant.
    From curse:
    Most common scenarios:

Green: cast unless you expect more incoming procs soon.
    Blue: cast if your current stats are significantly better or if you have to switch targets.
    Yellow: cast if you have to switch targets.
    Red: do not cast.

It's like traffic lights. Green - GO (cast), red - STOP (don't cast). Blue and yellow are for you to make judgement.
    I'll add options to change colors if that is hard to get used to. Can't promise that that will be soon though.

Deleted
    This helps me with keeping in mind using fel flame while moving can lower dps a lot if done with 0 buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    This helps me with keeping in mind using fel flame while moving can lower dps a lot if done with 0 buffs.
    Didn't event think about that before but its soo true. Thank you

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think that'd be a heck of a lot of variables to have to programme in and account for, not sure if that'd even be possible. I mean the addon would never be able to take into account when there are adds you can drain and get shards back from, causing you to waste shards playing conservitavely with them, when you can spam them a bit. I think obstacles like that would make it impossible for the thing to be accurate.
    i feel that this is moving towards playing the class for you.. imo, keepit as it is. maybe add a feature for focus target too, and just add customization, the input from rezoacken is pretty much it tbh. . my ideal addon would be exactly like class timers but colour coded like this so that option would be amazing but yeah please dont start adding so much that it turns into one of those that just tells you what button to push next!

Great Addon !
    Thank you !

Uploaded v1.02
    Changes:
    -Added Haunt (text is number of shards, when you have 4, background turns green, spend some). Turn it on/off in options
    -2T14 set bonus
    -Resizing and reordering
    -Hiding when not in combat

Type '/affdots' for options.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-11-12 at 02:02 PM.

Great job man, I wish I could work with this addon perfectly.

I will give it a shot for today's raid.

So we only send a Haunt when we have "red"? Coz our currents stats are worse.

Since you increase the size(addon) we can adjust whenever we want?

Red and Green are easy to understand though, but the other 2 colours hummm?

It's a dps lost if we refresh dots with "blue" or "yellow"?

Someone can create like a replic from a single target fight, with this addon, with some examples though.ex:you have X you refresh, if you're colour it's Y don't cast,etc...

Atm I'm sure without help on "blue" or "yellow" . My rotation will be a completly mess.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-11-12 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Atm I'm sure without help on "blue" or "yellow" . My rotation will be a completly mess.
    Blue: refresh if your current stats are much better (number on top) or if you have to switch targets.
    Yellow: refresh if you have to switch targets.

Haunt when number on top is really big, when dots are buffed by Dark Soul - it is a pretty good time to chain-Haunt.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    I have a question, how hard would it be to do the same code for focus target? It should be possible to have two of these affdot windows floating around, right?
    Really want to do that, but first I must completely rewrite UI code. First attempt was without knowing anything about writing addons, if left as is, it will become unmanagable
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-11-12 at 02:10 PM.

green=cast dot, almost always asap
    red=dont cast
    yellow=cast if its going to fall off, usualy wait for last ticks
    blue=wait. cast dots if current proccs are really good, usually you wait few seconds and it will turn green. cast if big buff is ending.

CHEERS you're the best guys that was exactly the answer that I was looking for!

Cant wait to try this out for raid tonight, looks great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Uploaded v1.02
    Changes:
    -Added Haunt (text is number of shards, when you have 4, background turns green, spend some). Turn it on/off in options
    -2T14 set bonus
    -Resizing and reordering
    -Hiding when not in combat

Type '/affdots' for options.
    You are the MAN!

I'd actually switched agony and corrruption on my keybinds so they matched the order on your addon, now I can change them back, which is good cause my ingrained reaction were hitting the wrong buttons at the moment >.<

Very, very thanks for this amazing addon, i will test it before today's raid and looks like it helps a lot.

Finally I feel I can reach 125k dps before the burn phase on Elegon.

10+ Year Old Account
    im experiencing wierd bug , ticked [lock] and [hide out of combat] and addon permanenty vanished, cant bring it up at all, even when i disable all other addons exept affdots.

tryed everything including deleting addon and redownloading it , /affdots shows options but window with dots is nowhere to be found, tested on dummies and mobs during lotus dailys... wtb help ;s
    Last edited by Bluesftw; 2012-11-12 at 05:37 PM.

Nice addon, now we have what spriests had for years.

Two things that would improve, I would put flashing background or some other easily noticeable visual when dot is about to expire while we are waiting to go green. So for corruption and agony it will start to flash when last tick period starts, and for unstable affliction it will flash for duration of last tick plus cast time.

And second thing is haunt part that seams unfinished as it only goes green when we have 4. For now, I cast haunt when other dots are blue.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 07:01 PM ----------

And one more thing, addon doesn't account for unstable affliction cast time when it changes color, it should go, for example, from blue to green earlier.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted something like this for ages, a bit like combustionhelper but for a proper class. I'll try it out as soon as I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    im experiencing wierd bug , ticked [lock] and [hide out of combat] and addon permanenty vanished, cant bring it up at all, even when i disable all other addons exept affdots.

tryed everything including deleting addon and redownloading it , /affdots shows options but window with dots is nowhere to be found, tested on dummies and mobs during lotus dailys... wtb help ;s
    Happened to me, but it didnt dissapeared, just literally went out of my screen. Try to scale it to the maximum size and look around and maybe you will see the edge of the window, then drag it to where you want.