Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thanks a lot for this addon ridcully, definitely has changed my total experience with DPS as an affliction lock and is just an overall quality of life change for the spec in general.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-12-23 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    Hey fellow warlocks,
    and special thanks to the author of this gread AddOn.

I experience strange bugs/error messages since 2 days. Even when playing destruction and not having the addon active for that specc, my chatframe gets spammed with the message "error 2".
    might be a combination of addons working strangely together, but i thought someone might have a hint for me.

/edit: this only happens when i have affdots running, hence my posting in this thread.

Deleted
    Same thing for me, happens since 1.13 afaik and goes away when you disable Affdots completely.

Same error2 spam here. Only happens when I'm destruction.

I can't describe how awesome is the integration with tidy plates... loving it! again.. awesome work man! thank you!

currently seems to be a bug with the current power of dots. It will temporally display the correct colour and power then after a few seconds, or if another proc either falls off or is gained, usually resets the numbers back to 100. More noticeable after gaining a proc does not always recalculate the new dot power. using built 1.14 released on the 24th.

Deleted
    Sorry if awswer is already given, but i wonder something with DS CD, actually affdots consider that dots need/could be refreshed when you activate dark soul, but the CD has this tooltip : "Infuses your soul with the misery of fallen foes, increasing spell haste by 30% for 20 sec" , as far as i know haste is updated dynamically on the dots , only SP/Mastery is subject to a dot refresh to upgrade/downgrade the power of the tick so why update with a DS CD cast ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    Sorry if awswer is already given, but i wonder something with DS CD, actually affdots consider that dots need/could be refreshed when you activate dark soul, but the CD has this tooltip : "Infuses your soul with the misery of fallen foes, increasing spell haste by 30% for 20 sec" , as far as i know haste is updated dynamically on the dots , only SP/Mastery is subject to a dot refresh to upgrade/downgrade the power of the tick so why update with a DS CD cast ?
    Nope, there is NO dynamic updating for dots. Only guardians/pets have that far as I know.

Seriously, this is one of the best addons I ever have seen. Have had a similar idea since WoLK and Im very happy that you made it just as I wanted it hehe Im colorblind, so I changed the colors a bit. Was hard to see the difference between yellow and green haha
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 S-1155 | Intel Core I7 3770K 3.5GHZ (@ 4.3Ghz) | Asus GeForce GTX670 DC2 2GD5 2GB | Corsair 32GB DDR3 Vengeance Quad 1866MHZ CL10 (4X8GB)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W | NZXT Miditower Phantom 410 ATX Gunmetal | 3DMARK Vantage: P34120

Deleted
    This one would probably also be quite nice as destruction, even though we only have 1 dot.
    Any chance it works with Immolate? Havn't tried it as destruction though as it says it's for affliction and demonology.

Deleted
    Affdots would actually be amazing for destruction is it also scaled your power with that important question "Shall I cast my chaos bolt now ??"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by incroyable View Post
    Affdots would actually be amazing for destruction is it also scaled your power with that important question "Shall I cast my chaos bolt now ??"
    Ugh, knowing if you have temprorary buffs running or not is pretty basic and should be known by other addons, even if you already have AffDots, don't you think?

I'm thinking about making another addon that would draw a graph for expected damage based on procs/buffs/trinkets for next minute of the fight. So that you know when it is best to save resources and when to spend them. No idea if it's usefull yet, but that would probably help with the "Shall I chaos bolt now?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I'm thinking about making another addon that would draw a graph for expected damage based on procs/buffs/trinkets for next minute of the fight. So that you know when it is best to save resources and when to spend them. No idea if it's usefull yet, but that would probably help with the "Shall I chaos bolt now?"
    It would. It's basically what we already do based on our ICD on trinkets in combination with CDs on Dark Soul and on use effects.
    I was sceptical of AffDots at first but it has turned out to be simply amazing and I am sceptical of this addon you're thinking of making, but I am sure it would turn out great.

Touch of Chaos and Fel Flame properly show corruption updates, but Void Ray does not.

If anyone else wants to do this themselves, change line 217 in AffDots.lua from
    Code:
    		elseif(event_type == "SPELL_DAMAGE" and (spell == 103964 or spell == 77799)) then

to
    Code:
    		elseif(event_type == "SPELL_DAMAGE" and (spell == 103964 or spell == 77799 or spell == 115422)) then

Just want to say thanks for probably the best Warlock addon I've used in all my years playing. Really appreciate it man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    Just want to say thanks for probably the best Warlock addon I've used in all my years playing. Really appreciate it man.
    This addon is simply amazing. Huge thumbs up.

I do wish you'd make it for Destruction's Chaos Bolt and Immolate though ...

Downloaded this yesterday. Incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't describe how awesome is the integration with tidy plates... loving it! again.. awesome work man! thank you!
    That does seem very useful for sure.

Does it display above multiple targets with the default UI by any chance ? When displaying enemy name plates that is.