Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Any chance we could get some accessor functions to query the relative power of each DoT?

AffDots:GetCorruptionPercentage() as an example.

I'm currently retrieving the text in each text frame and parsing it in custom WeakAuras triggers, but a dedicated interface would be great!

Deleted
    Is there any way to get this mod to also track hand of gul'dan? I'm brand new to demo, so I'm having difficulty understanding why this isn't a feature already, given doom and corruption are up there for demonology, but that's likely because I'm an idiot of some description.

Further requests/feature suggestions:

1) I like using the proprtionate bar setup, but if you have your bars any shorter than 32 seconds, the pandemic safe indicator for Doom is off the edge of the bar... which is sorta annoying. Any way to stop the pandemic indicator displaying if it would do so further than the maximum length of the bar?

2) Transparancy on the bar backgrounds.

If I think of any more suggestions, I'll add them here!

Thanks for a fantastic mod

Deleted
    the new update added "New frame to show when it is a good time to spend resources (soulshards/fury/embers)."

how do that fram works ? can some explaine it

Deleted
    i've to tell you that your addon is very - v e r y - V E R Y amazing !!

for tracking the debuffs (agony, corruption, UA) and also haunt i'm using TMW.
    with your addon i simply only use the color frames (without icon, bar, .. ) which more or less highlights then the debuffs showed by TMW (background)

on a short test yesterday evening while raiding i could perform much more better with the help of your addon than before
    -> the gap to #2 at dps-ranks got larger

from my point of view this addon is a "must have" for all warlocks!

please keep on with your great work!!

regards,
    boulder

ps: if i can find some time i will post a video showing your addon in action

Quote Originally Posted by Twamper View Post
    the new update added "New frame to show when it is a good time to spend resources (soulshards/fury/embers)."

how do that fram works ? can some explaine it
    When you press "Set current as baseline" button, it saves your current dot dps. When in combat, for affliction it compares this saved dps with dots on target. If you gain enough damage increase effects like procs, potions, Dark Soul, heroism and dots on target are x% higher dps (x is set in options), it changes color. When that happens, keep Haunt up. For demonology and destruction it compares corruption and immolate damage respectively, but does not require active dots present on target since you do not burst when there are empowered dots on target, you burst when you have active damage increase effects.
    Set x as high as you can, depending on how your procs line up, but it must change color often enough to not get resource capped.

Ok, this explanation is too complicated. If someone can explain it better, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Ok, this explanation is too complicated. If someone can explain it better, please do.
    Best explanation I have is that in MoP, all warlock specs are about a secondary resource management. That frame is trying to estimate the best time for you to spend those resources based on how many (and how strong) of your temporary buffs are active (procs, potions, DS, lust etc). It's just a tool so using it blindly and ignoring fight mechanics isn't the best way to dps. However it gives you some way to approximating how much damage you'd do "now" if you spend those resources vs waiting.
    I haven't actually opened the LUA code so I don't know how it calculates those weights but from Rid's description it looks like it just compares the power of your basic dots at "starting power" compared to your current buffs. How trivial would it be to make it compare the things we actually spend those resources on for Demo and Destro as the dot metric works well for affliction but for Demo I'd much rather know the power of my ToC (above 25% target health) and SF below 25% target health. The scaling of these abilities is pretty similar to corruption with the exception of haste and double mastery scaling but it shouldn't be too hard to implement I'd think.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    The scaling of these abilities is pretty similar to corruption with the exception of haste and double mastery scaling but it shouldn't be too hard to implement I'd think.
    Are there any mastery procs/temprory buffs this tier? Numbers should be reasonably accurate no matter which spell you use as baseline.

Demo's DS but you should be dumping then anyways.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

With the new "Burst"-tool i can use this addon in every spec to improve my gameplay!! Thanks alot for your time and effort. However i believe to complete this powerful addon the possibility to track the duration of Immolate and Shadowflame might be a big improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    With the new "Burst"-tool i can use this addon in every spec to improve my gameplay!! Thanks alot for your time and effort. However i believe to complete this powerful addon the possibility to track the duration of Immolate and Shadowflame might be a big improvement.
    I have very little experience with specs other than affliction. What information would be usefull about Shadowflame? It does not work with Pandemic and cooldown makes it useless to track spell power. Duration for knowing when to clip second charge?

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:26 AM ----------

I have very little experience with specs other than affliction. What information would be usefull about Shadowflame? It does not work with Pandemic and cooldown makes it useless to track spell power. Duration for knowing when to clip second charge?

Did some quick tests.

Third box is for HoG, 1 is where amount of charges will show, 7 is countdown till next charge, there is supposed to be a text with Shadowflame duration on icon but it's not showing right now. Green background when at two charges.
    Fourth box is Demonic Fury, changing color at 800, but I'm thinking about making multiple, user controlled color-ranges (for example 0-500 yellow, 500-750 - blue, 750-1000 green, 1000 - red).
    Would it be useful?
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-01-18 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Something that would indicate the best time to cast so that it clips would be great, but honestly just tracking it like haunt with duration and the number of available casts would be a welcome enough addition.

It would mainly be useful to have this, simply so you can track all the relevant dots in demo in the same place, in similar format. There are plenty of other mods that can perform that function of course, but it's nice to consolidate your attention to one place on the screen.

Perhaps have a colour function - say, have the area go yellow, when it is safe to cast the first stack of HoG if you're looking to clip the second stack as soon as it comes off cooldown (sorry for the poor articulation).

Controllable ranges for fury would be sexual - I personally wouldn't use it otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green background when at two charges.
    I would suggest it turn green when the time remaining till you get the second charge is less then the time you need to clip shadowflame effectively.

1.20 beta:
    http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...-1.20beta2.zip

HoG and Demonic Fury tracking for demonology.

Immolate, FnB Immolate, Conflagrate charges, Burning Embers tracking for Destruction. FnB Immolate shares box/bar with normal Immolate. Conflagrate shows time remaining until charge becomes available, not debuff on target.

All options are reset.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-01-19 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    Fantastic. Will give feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be possible to have the curse of elements effect be shown when similar effects are on the target, like aura from demonology etc ?

Deleted
    I'm using this add-On for quite some time now, and I like it. I've got one question, though:
    Is it possible to show the remaining time the dots will stay on the target next to their icons and not at the end of the bar when using the "bars-layout"?

Deleted
    This addon is really great and is now at a stage where I think of using it instead of forte. (Until now I used both together) But for that I'm still missing a few features. So if you have some time left and want to improve on the addon I would be really greatful if you could implement the following sometime in the feature:

General:
    Option to have CoE as a bar or at least be able to move the position of the CoE icon
    Option to choose between bar and icon layout alternativly for each spec
    Option to save the positions independent for each spec
    Option to set alpha level for bar background

Affliction:
    Bar for Curse of Exhaustion
    Additional marker like the tick marker and pandemic marker in the bar options which shows the point where using fel flame for updating the dots does not waste any ticks

Destruction:
    Bar for Rain of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    This addon is really great and is now at a stage where I think of using it instead of forte. (Until now I used both together) But for that I'm still missing a few features. So if you have some time left and want to improve on the addon I would be really greatful if you could implement the following sometime in the feature:

General:
    Option to have CoE as a bar or at least be able to move the position of the CoE icon
    Option to choose between bar and icon layout alternativly for each spec
    Option to save the positions independent for each spec
    Option to set alpha level for bar background

Affliction:
    Bar for Curse of Exhaustion
    Additional marker like the tick marker and pandemic marker in the bar options which shows the point where using fel flame for updating the dots does not waste any ticks

Destruction:
    Bar for Rain of Fire
    I think the best thing you can do is make everything customisable. I see there is a very big difference in what we want / do not want to see, and by doing that you'll definitely cater to the ones not already catered to!
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

I really want to stay away from replicating functionality of other addons. This one is intended for warlock specific mechanic - Pandemic and supercharged dots.

Deleted
    I assume that goes for the bars for Curse of Exhaustion and Rain of Fire? As the rest are mostly cosemitic functions which allow a configuration to better fit it in different UIs
    But there is an option which shows Haunt and Curse of Elements and resources which are also not directly tied to supercharging dots or Pandemic so I was hoping you could add the last two debuffs to track which I'm missing. Otherwise using the bar funtction is at least for me not possible because I would have to add additional bars with another addon that match yours in positioning etc.
    Of course I'm still really greatful for the addon and if you decide you don't want to add that then it's ok of course ^^ It's just that I think it would be great if you could track almost all important debuffs (ok rain of fire is a buff ;P ) and not only many.
    How about the tick marker for Fel Flame? I think this fits perfectly in your concept?
    Last edited by mmoc05fd85e432; 2013-01-20 at 01:31 PM.