Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ridcully, Rainbow procs is great. Thanks for putting in the effort. Is there a setting to hide out of combat? I can't seem to find it in the option.

Thanks!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I think one reason they want theirs to not update dynamically is the new Spell DPS trinket that gives you +100% crit for 4s. If they apply MF/SF in those 4s and the dots snapshot, they swim in Starsurge procs for the next 14s. Plus besides that, not 100% sure if it would be an advantage for Boomkins to refresh dots unless they had all their procs, since the two can only last for 14s, unlike Aff's which can all be extended to 20s+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    I think one reason they want theirs to not update dynamically is the new Spell DPS trinket that gives you +100% crit for 4s. If they apply MF/SF in those 4s and the dots snapshot, they swim in Starsurge procs for the next 14s. Plus besides that, not 100% sure if it would be an advantage for Boomkins to refresh dots unless they had all their procs, since the two can only last for 14s, unlike Aff's which can all be extended to 20s+.
    Actually, since Starsurge crits extend the duration of dots without "refreshing" them, Starsurging on the GCD can, given luck, extend pure critical dots infinitely, which in turn extends starsurge procs infinitely. GC was concerned that this cycle would bring Boomkins too much damage, but basically said "time will tell" if you track back through some of the GC posts on the PTR discussions.

OT: Any 5.2 AffDots changes planned, and is it loading properly in the patch? I know lots of addons "break" on entering a new tier, and I'd sob if I couldn't run AffDots temporarily for progression.

Reply: Woohoo!
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-02-24 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    OT: Any 5.2 AffDots changes planned, and is it loading properly in the patch? I know lots of addons "break" on entering a new tier, and I'd sob if I couldn't run AffDots temporarily for progression.
    I did LFR on the PTR a few hours ago and it loaded and worked fine.

Addons typically break when Blizzard changes something on the API side of things. They haven't done this much is recent patches.

I have it, it's amazing

Does anyone use ForteXorcist with Affdots? If so, can you please let me know how you use both addons? I love the countdown bar that comes with Forte and am willing to sacrifice the dot timer for aff dots. Thanks!

Just disable the spell timer of Forte and use the rest of the addon as usual.

Does anyone use ForteXorcist with Affdots? If so, can you please let me know how you use both addons? I love the countdown bar that comes with Forte and am willing to sacrifice the dot timer for aff dots. Thanks!
    I uncheck the show target box in ForteXorcist. Let's me see dot bars for all my targets and show the Affdots part for my target.

Deleted
    I use both if them. Forte for timers on all my targets and affdots for power of dots.

Deleted
    I use ForteXorcist for buff timers. Jade Spirit etc. I've set every buff I care about up manually, including Fearless and Spiritual Innervation. The rest of the addon is disabled. I use TellMeWhen for cooldown timing.

Is there a way to code something like this in WeakAuras? I'm looking for the exact same functionality for my spriest, boomkin, ele, feral druid etc.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Is there a way to code something like this in WeakAuras? I'm looking for the exact same functionality for my spriest, boomkin, ele, feral druid etc.
    Shamans have dots too?
    I'm making a new version now that would technically allow to add other classes without too many problems. Almost done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Shamans have dots too?
    I'm making a new version now that would technically allow to add other classes without too many problems. Almost done.
    Saw an interesting post for you, Ridcully. Not sure if you would see it otherwise. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20384294

You'll probably be aware of this, but the trinket suggestion might be an idea.

I had a good idea for an enhancement to Affdots.

Since it already can recognize changes and calculate dot power numbers, would it be possible on the 'casting bar' display to add another timer bar that is subdivided into each individual buff that is contributing to the dot power calculation (each a different color). this way we have a better visual representation of when whatever buffs we have are going to go away and compare it to our current dots remaining time.

I realize you made this wonderful addon to simplify, but this would add a volentary layer of complexity for the more experienced lock trying to bump his dps with even smarter recasting. another thing i would like to see is a casting bar for MF or DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I had a good idea for an enhancement to Affdots.

Since it already can recognize changes and calculate dot power numbers, would it be possible on the 'casting bar' display to add another timer bar that is subdivided into each individual buff that is contributing to the dot power calculation (each a different color). this way we have a better visual representation of when whatever buffs we have are going to go away and compare it to our current dots remaining time.
    Something like this: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/rainbowprocs/ ? Still beta, not enough free time now to finish it.

1.21 beta: http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...ots-1.21b1.zip
    -Options reorganized to make more sense.
    -Some code rewritten to allow adding more classes in the future.
    -A bit more CPU friendly (still unfriendly though).
    -Options should not reset anymore.
    -Code to support other languages. No actual translations currently, if you can make one - there is a template file in "Locale" folder.
    -Some bugfixes.

Please let me know if you find a bug.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-03-01 at 08:41 PM.

Thats close to what im talking about but we dont really need a bar for each proc, or the cooldown timers or anything, all I think we really could use is something to tell us that the temp buffs currently proccing are about to expire so we can do a dot refresh even if we arent past the pandemic point.

For instance, we do our opener, i get jade spirit, bloodlust, relic, terror trinket buffs, DI, and prepot...its not a problem to get pretty much the most out of these procs with two cycles of SS:SB/haunt but after that it gets a whole lot more chaotic. while there are going to be lots of different internal cooldowns going on, a visual representation of whats actually running right now practically on top of the existing affdots dot timers would be very helpful to get the most out of them by always going for a reapply even without getting the most of pandemic.

Also, not to be rude, your addon looks useful, I dont want yet another add-on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post

1.21 beta: http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...ots-1.21b1.zip

-Options should not reset anymore.
    HALLELUJAH!

I love how you keep plugging away at the addon making it better over time. The warlock community owes you a great deal.

Thats close to what im talking about but we dont really need a bar for each proc, or the cooldown timers or anything, all I think we really could use is something to tell us that the temp buffs currently proccing are about to expire so we can do a dot refresh even if we arent past the pandemic point.

For instance, we do our opener, i get jade spirit, bloodlust, relic, terror trinket buffs, DI, and prepot...its not a problem to get pretty much the most out of these procs with two cycles of SS:SB/haunt but after that it gets a whole lot more chaotic. while there are going to be lots of different internal cooldowns going on, a visual representation of whats actually running right now practically on top of the existing affdots dot timers would be very helpful to get the most out of them by always going for a reapply even without getting the most of pandemic.

Also, not to be rude, your addon looks useful, I dont want yet another add-on.
    The current RainbowProcs setup is why I use it and not something else. Having all the proc ICDs on top over eachother like that helps me to see what is coming up at a glance and plan accordingly.

If anyone had a chance to check beta, are there any issues with it?