Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    That's not true. There's nothing I can do to put a Soulbound item onto one of my other characters.

However, there is a way to give a Bind on Account item to a character on another server. It's just inconvenient.

As stated above, a "Shared Stash" would alleviate this. Just give players a very small (maybe 12 slot, since a full set of heirlooms and weapons would fill that up easily and you don't want to do multiple trips, although to be honest even 8 slots would probably be plenty for most people) "Account Bank" where any items they put in are seen on every one of their characters on every server. Only Account Bound items would be allowed inside it. Tada!
    It's a great idea and I'm sure if it was as easy as "Tada!" we would already be enjoying the benefits of such a feature. As we are not, I'm guessing it's not so easy to implement a shared storage system with WoW's server infrastructure where I would be able to log into the same storage space and access the same items no matter which server I was on. If I'm wrong feel free to tell me how. Besides, heirlooms are becoming increasingly irrelevant with 1-80 being easily done by a working person in their spare time in a few weeks wearing greens.

It's not about how "easy" (a very relative term depending on a person's time and how fed up they might be about leveling alts after 8 years) it is to level your character, it's about a set of gear that's supposed to fill an account wide function and it doesn't.

55% extra XP to level 85 means you get there in roughly 65% of the time you would need to get there without BOA gear.

I don't know about you, but 8 years later and a million created and deleted alts, that's a godsend, and I would like to be able to use that advantage on any server without having to rebuy the gear every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Wrong. BoA's are currently only server wide. I can't use them on my entire account, only on whatever server they are tied to. Therefore they are NOT account wide as my account spans multiple servers. Mounts are account wide, achievements are account wide, BoA's are not. They should be labeled Bind on Server gear.
    Your WRONG. You just need to pay for a server transfer. L2read.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    /agree, the gear needs to be account wide, would make life way more easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    But BoAs are only useful while leveling, whereas account-wide mounts are useful to people even with several max-level alts they switch between. Ultimately the BoA thing seems fairly trivial in a game focused so heavily on max level, with the 1 to max process being mostly a trivialized formality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I'm sick of people defending Blizzard with the argument "it takes too much time, it's too difficult". No, it doesn't, ok? Programming isn't a mysterious arcane art, you don't need 6 months to implement a solution that works for something. Programming is like math: if you know the theory and you've practiced, whenever you encounter a new and difficult problem you have the tools to find a solution.
    I've said before the solution is simple: have an account-wide bank that you can draw heirlooms from for each character, and put them back into. You can't draw more than one copy of one (unless you have more than one), and you can't destroy them, either. You have to return them for other characters to use. Works just like account-wide mounts except a new copy of the heirloom, sans enchants, is created for that character, then destroyed when the heirloom is "returned".

The problem is that they've already established they don't want the game being a series of lists. Even though achievements are essentially series of lists. Derp.

Gear seems to be the one thing they don't want to resort to being a series of lists. Bosses, pets, mounts, battlegrounds, raids, achievements: sure that's ok.

But having a list for all / BOA / any of the gear you've looted in the game, nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Wrong. BoA's are currently only server wide. I can't use them on my entire account, only on whatever server they are tied to. Therefore they are NOT account wide as my account spans multiple servers. Mounts are account wide, achievements are account wide, BoA's are not. They should be labeled Bind on Server gear.
    While they are linked to the server, they can be traded among your accounts that have toons on that server, as well as cross-faction. The only thing that they can't do is be mailed to another server. You can transfer your character, of course, which moves the heirlooms along.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've said before the solution is simple: have an account-wide bank that you can draw heirlooms from for each character, and put them back into. You can't draw more than one copy of one (unless you have more than one), and you can't destroy them, either. You have to return them for other characters to use. Works just like account-wide mounts except a new copy of the heirloom, sans enchants, is created for that character, then destroyed when the heirloom is "returned".
    Would this not impede on the "shared stash" concept they've intentionally kept in D3?

Seems like a shared stash is the most painfully obvious solution you can have, so obvious that they're intentionally not implementing it in WoW.

Mailing items between characters is far less engaging than putting them in a bank where they all have access to them.

The heirlooms are boa even if it requires an extra step if you want them on another server but that's your choice. Mounts going account wide was a much easier step to make since they made the kit for pets it probably took 5 seconds of changing the code from pets to mounts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraloser View Post
    /agree, the gear needs to be account wide, would make life way more easier.
    They allready are account wide. You can easily transfer a character with every boa in its inventory from one server to the next.

They can't make cross server mailing, for various reasons. Other stuff is much more important. If you want to play on multiple realms without paying for realm transfer, then yeah you have to deal without heirlooms leveling the first character on your new server. Get over it.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    It's not about how "easy" (a very relative term depending on a person's time and how fed up they might be about leveling alts after 8 years) it is to level your character, it's about a set of gear that's supposed to fill an account wide function and it doesn't.

55% extra XP to level 85 means you get there in roughly 65% of the time you would need to get there without BOA gear.

I don't know about you, but 8 years later and a million created and deleted alts, that's a godsend, and I would like to be able to use that advantage on any server without having to rebuy the gear every time.
    Only three heirlooms grant xp bonus until 85. Sure, it would be nice if the heirlooms could be mailed or accessed on other servers, but my point wasn't that it so easy to level 1-80 so suck it up; but rather it is increasingly becoming less of a priority to spend development time to try and overcome compared to the effort of a player rolling a toon on a fresh server, finding a decent lvl 25 guild, and levelling to cap where he would probably have access to three looms slots right off the bat, with the others grinded out in no time. Rather than sweating over how to make the looms truly server wide, Blizzard should just give up the ghost on the whole concept and give the XP bonus automatically to characters once one character on the account has reached cap as a toggable buff. I'm absolutely convinced that Blizzard have spent effort trying to make these things truly account wide and any idea proposed to do so has probably been already been considered and rejected. better if they just gave up on the whole concept and try a new approach in make alt levelling less burdensome.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    BOAs are account wide. You can't mail stuff across servers. There is simply no code to allow for it. Get over it allready. or get a payed transfer.
    You are referring to ´stuff´ as a physical object.. it is NOT. There is no reason there isn´t a list of BOA items similar to vanity pets, and when you buy or earn one, it becomes available everywhere on your account, just like vanity pets. I summon a vanity pet, it appears at my side, I summon a boa weapon, it appears in my backpack. The vanity pet interface remembers your pets level and experience, it also remembers if you have more than one copy of that item, the same interface could remember if your weapon has an enchant on it and if you have 2 of those boa daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    It's a great idea and I'm sure if it was as easy as "Tada!" we would already be enjoying the benefits of such a feature. As we are not, I'm guessing it's not so easy to implement a shared storage system with WoW's server infrastructure where I would be able to log into the same storage space and access the same items no matter which server I was on. If I'm wrong feel free to tell me how. Besides, heirlooms are becoming increasingly irrelevant with 1-80 being easily done by a working person in their spare time in a few weeks wearing greens.
    A shared storage system already exists. All of the data for our mounts, pets and achievements, are "stored" in a space (server), that is accessible from any character, on any server.

Just because they haven't released account-wide BOA's, doesn't mean it's hard to do, or takes a bunch of time to do, etc... I think they're just waiting for a perfect time where we have nothing to do, to release account-wide BOA's. A mini patch after the last raid and before the next expansion is what I'm betting on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    Would this not impede on the "shared stash" concept they've intentionally kept in D3?

Seems like a shared stash is the most painfully obvious solution you can have, so obvious that they're intentionally not implementing it in WoW.

Mailing items between characters is far less engaging than putting them in a bank where they all have access to them.
    How would that impede it? It's pretty much the same thing. Even in D3 you don't get multiple copies of the items...this would not allow you to equip two people with the same item unless you actually bought two of them.

I agree, this feature should've been implemented. But I don't think it's particually more important that account-wide mounts and achievements.

For account wide faction rep you buy tokens which then allow the rep changes to each character, from what I understand.

I was thinking they were going to do the same thing with BoAs. Instead of gear you buy tokens which can then be mailed to each character upon start up like how the account wide pets were.

Deleted
    nope mounts are more more widely used by all the characters on your account in a long timeframe, the BoA are used only for levelling and then stops being usefuls

Also even in the worst hypothesis you have to buy the same heirloom one time *per realm* if I want the same mount I had to buy it *per character*
    OP premise can be kind of valid but not that much.

Also probably the number of players that actually start to level new toons on new realms instead of simply transferring them may be not so high to give this a high priority.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    For account wide faction rep you buy tokens which then allow the rep changes to each character, from what I understand.

I was thinking they were going to do the same thing with BoAs. Instead of gear you buy tokens which can then be mailed to each character upon start up like how the account wide pets were.
    I think I read GC saying that they want to get rid of this mass use of the mail system, the Mount/pet wide already add the new pets and mount you gain directly to your list at least for the achievements.

EDIT: changing absolute "Is no" to "may be" as it is an opinion
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2012-11-10 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    They allready are account wide. You can easily transfer a character with every boa in its inventory from one server to the next.

They can't make cross server mailing, for various reasons. Other stuff is much more important. If you want to play on multiple realms without paying for realm transfer, then yeah you have to deal without heirlooms leveling the first character on your new server. Get over it.
    WHY SHOULD I GET OVER IT?

I am a PLAYER amongst MANY PLAYERS who demands a service which is WIDELY DEMANDED. For every account wide mount page thread on the official forums I can find you 3 asking for account AND servers-wide BOA gear.

I can find you more threads asking for server wide BOA gear than threads asking for marshes of crapdaria, and that's a FACT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why BOAs (something you use only til your level capped or on alts occasionally, and only then til level capped) should take priority over something you can use forever.

While i think they could smooth out BoAs functionality, I for one am completely okay with them getting mounts and minipets done first.
    (this comes from someone who has a 85+ of every class, excluding monk who is in the 40s).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.