Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I have done this. I hold on to quite a few things that have brought me particularly good memories. One thing I still have is a very old Ewok plush toy.

I also have kept my Jansport backpack from school. I've had to sew it a couple of times (tears and what not), but I just won't let it go. I use it whenever I travel or fly...
    Oh my god, this brings back so many memories. I still have a yellow plush toy ball with a smiley face too. I dont think I can ever throw it away. I've had it roughly for 20 years now and it was actually a part of a joke my parents played on my brother when we were 6 and 8. It was hes birthday and my parents gave him that toy first and told him it was all the presents hes going to get. He started screaming and crying and tossed the toy away in a corner and later, when he got hes real presents, he forgot all about it. I couldn't stop thinking about how ungrateful he was and that I would have loved that gift more than any expensive doll. I couldn't stop thinking how something brought with love could just be tossed in the corner like that and the little smiling face peeking out from under the table so at night, I sneaked in the living room and took it.

Cars, computers, desks, tvs. If I have spent a great deal of time on/in or using it then I will have built up memories with that item and will feel nostalgic over getting rid of it. Then when I get the new shiny item I forget about the old one. C'est la vie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    s am still tripping over a monitor that i replaced a year ago. for some reason every time i go to throw it out i decide i can have it fixed, even though i can probably buy a newer, better one for less than it would cost to repair it, lol. in fact, i already replaced it long ago, but still have it. derp
    Yea.. you probably think Im crazy but I felt so bad, especially after watching that video about the lamp and started remembering about all those times with the monitor. Taking it with me when moving out, using it to chat with my family and old friends. Even playing WoW. Well, anyway, It took it back in -.- good think I put it in a plastic bag and it didnt rain or snow. I probably cant get it fixed but as long as I can stop feeling like that, its worth it. There's still lots of room in the attic:P

Oh and speaking of which, does anyone know whats wrong with it? The lower half of the screen just shows white with faint vertical stripes that grow darker according to the picture on the top half. Probably not possible to fix something like that, huh?
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-11-10 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    I forgot to say.

The only thing that I want to keep till I die, yes till I die(), is my Dinosaur doll. I love that dinosaur, I used to sleep with it every single night for years, till my 13 or something...

My mom said she had it somewhere, I hope she does, I would be really sad if she didn't. xd

Deleted
    When I was younger, like 10-12 I loved Eeyore. I know a 12 year old with stuffed animals from Whinnie the Poo is, well, quite sad... but anyway I gave them to my little brother and he to my little sister. There's about 20 of them, Christmas ones, halloween ones etc and they're still all in her room. While she says they're hers, they're still mine :P Brings back memories of when I was young and not a pessimistic twat.

I got rid of my first car in 2000. Recently I had a dream that the car was in my garage, and was upset at me ...
    Now I'm freaked out about buying a new car - I don't want to dream about my current car - I had my first baby come home in it from hospital, and many more memories (much more than first car).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost anything I had as a kid. >_<

Makes it very hard to get rid of ANYTHING, especially when my mind attaches so much sentimental value to next to EVERYTHING, at the same time. D:
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I try not too, I don't want to end up as one of those hoarders who keeps EVERYTHING. I have my memories.

Unless I get Alzheimer's. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.