Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And at the same time, many people who lose their jobs for this reasoning, especially now that it has been made public that many companies don't want to pay for healthcare for their workers, have a legal right to sue those said companies for termination without a just cause. You can't just up and fire someone without legal reason, and laying off people because the company CEO is a greedy fucking asshole who doesn't want to pay for your survival, is reason enough to sue them. I hope these companies are ready for it because the shit storm is coming. If I were an American who lost my job just because the company doesn't want to pay for a bit of healthcare, I'd sue the company into changing their tune really bloody fast.
    depends which state and the employee contract agreement those people signed. There are many places especially lower income jobs such as pizza delivery (though when I did it I managed to pull in almost 40k/yr while going to college not too shaby for an easy job) that have statements that say they can fire you at anytime without a reason. You won't be seeing many lawsuits over this. People should really read what they sign when they accept a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol peasants.

Infracted.

AAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND.....

i live in a will to work state, pretty much layoffs happen all the time, but a lot is performance based, you work well, look like an asset to the company, you have less chance of going on unemployment. vs a union which, im not going to get into. so when people voted for obama, knew about obama care and were getting letters in their email about how it will cause downsizing of the company and didnt believe it, told you so. its the employers right to run their buisness how they want if its shitty, no one will want to work there, if its ran well, people will flock to it.

my job isn't "reducing jobs" as in layoffs at work, instead, we are adding lines but not operators, how we are accomplishing this is robots. robots dont cost health care, or breaks, or repetative injuries, or nurses. or days off. just one or 2 guys to work on machines that replaced 2-6 people. one person making 5$ more to twice as much then the guy running the machine still will cost a ton less in healthcare. thats simple numbers which if you want to thrive in the now tightening buisness platform due to highering an employee just increased the costs of the company to function.

this is also why you see health care providers for some companies that offer discounts on their insurance if they dont smoke, have a healthy bmi(which is shit because you can be at 10-19% body fat and still be over the BMI) and do other good life choices, because it reduces the amount of a health risk they are, and how many times a year they will cost the company money to go to the doctor because they didnt be a fatass or a smoker

10+ Year Old Account
    Well guess who won't be getting my business now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And at the same time, many people who lose their jobs for this reasoning, especially now that it has been made public that many companies don't want to pay for healthcare for their workers, have a legal right to sue those said companies for termination without a just cause. You can't just up and fire someone without legal reason, and laying off people because the company CEO is a greedy fucking asshole who doesn't want to pay for your survival, is reason enough to sue them. I hope these companies are ready for it because the shit storm is coming. If I were an American who lost my job just because the company doesn't want to pay for a bit of healthcare, I'd sue the company into changing their tune really bloody fast.
    That's even better. Employees should sue these companies and bankrupt them so even more people are out of jobs. It's his company. He can do what he wants with it. If you don't like it don't shop there. I have a feeling it will turn out like the Chick Fil A strike though where they recorded record profits on that strike day because the people that are most vocal about these kinds of things are generally the least active when it comes to actually doing something about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Says you. Kind of means a lot to the hundred or so countries that signed it, and certainly means a lot when it comes to determining rights.
    Says the US judicial system.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    Now please explain to me, why I should give my empolyees healthcare with the money I saved from paying less taxes? This makes absoluetly no sense. No businessman would invest the money he saved from lower taxes into healthcare or more workers - this is a totaly stupid and unrealistic idea.
    because you would have received a tax break for having a certain number of employees covered by your health coverage...otherwise no tax break.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    I don't feel sorry for anyone if your put in that position. People need to be smarter about te business they attend to. People shouldn't blaim the government for not relieving them of there problems
    Please do tell us what type of job you work where you have had to step on someone to make ur life easyer.

Personally I think your doing something I can't say just to start a fight but if this is really how you think my fath in mankind has been lowered a little.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not trolling if it's true, sorry that i don't care about poor people who refuse to go to the aid shelters and stuff they are offered because they refuse to give up drugs and alcohol. Instead they just want to steal everyone else money and live on welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    That's even better. Employees should sue these companies and bankrupt them so even more people are out of jobs. It's his company. He can do what he wants with it. If you don't like it don't shop there. I have a feeling it will turn out like the Chick Fil A strike though where they recorded record profits on that strike day because the people that are most vocal about these kinds of things are generally the least active when it comes to actually doing something about it.
    except that most employee contracts say they can terminate you at anytime without reason. It all depends where you work

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He now has to pay for health care for his workers that he hired as part time to NOT have to give them healthcare. So hes pissed he has to actually give them healthcare. As you can see he cares about his workers and not his profit.
    Exactly. Think about it this way. At least for companies like Papa Johns, retail, food service, ect which hire a lot of part time workers. If they currently have 100 employees working 39 hours to avoid full-time benefits they will now reduce their hours to 29 to avoid full-time benefits. However, they still have to have the 3900 hours of work done and will have to hire more 29hour employees to fill the loss in manpower from cutting hours. People who have their hours cut will probably find a 2nd job at another company that reduced hours so in the end they will be making he same amount of money but at 2 jobs. The only loss of profits/jobs or increase in product prices would come from employees who have to be full time like managers of which there are much less than workers.

Also taxes dont make business unprofitable. If the company makes $100 profit and pays 20% taxes it makes $80. Raise taxes 5% and they will still make $100 profit and $75 after taxes. Their only problem then is a fixation on keeping profits high even though they are still making money just a little slower. The oil industry has the same problem, all price increases are passed on to the consumer to maintain ridiculous profits even though those profits are made because they can hike prices on oil today for more expensive oil tomorrow and when the price of oil goes down keeping gas prices high.

Again I ask, why are people acting surprised by this? Businesses sent msgs to employees before election that this is exactly what would happen. This is what people wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    It's not trolling if it's true, sorry that i don't care about poor people who refuse to go to the aid shelters and stuff they are offered because they refuse to give up drugs and alcohol. Instead they just want to steal everyone else money and live on welfare.
    You realize a very small percentage of people on public welfare are on drugs? Florida tried drug testing for benefits and ended up paying more money for the tests than they saved from denying drug users welfare. It was something like 5% or less tested positive.

Its people like you who stero type the poor/lower class that I personal can not stand.

Those Shelters and stuff you say people have to apply to get and its not a 100% chance they get it.

And you wounder why we are looked down by the rest of the world. Its greedy assholes that make the US look bad. If the rest of the world can give there people health care and help them out when there having a hard time getting by why the fuck can't we.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Because even with Obamacare, Papa John still has more money than any one man could possibly spend in a lifetime....

So instead of sucking it up, he takes from those who are just barely making ends meet.

This is the way of our world, with or without President Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    except that most employee contracts say they can terminate you at anytime without reason. It all depends where you work
    I was being sarcastic. I think people trying to sue for getting layed off for whatever reason don't stand a chance nor should they.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    You realize a very small percentage of people on public welfare are on drugs? Florida tried drug testing for benefits and ended up paying more money for the tests than they saved from denying drug users welfare. It was something like 5% or less tested positive.
    I don't know about Florida but in California it's mostly the case. Especially alcohol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its people like you who stero type the poor/lower class that I personal can not stand.

Those Shelters and stuff you say people have to apply to get and its not a 100% chance they get it.

And you wounder why we are looked down by the rest of the world. Its greedy assholes that make the US look bad. If the rest of the world can give there people health care and help them out when there having a hard time getting by why the fuck can't we.
    Those 'greedy assholes' have no obligation to your well being, and neither do the rest of us. Pay for it yourself
    Last edited by One-Eyed Jack; 2012-11-10 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    There's this thing we learn in economics 201. Essentially, every firm will produce the maximum amount of product it can while still making money on each item. Each item to produce takes more money then the previous one, since they have already used their most efficient production resources. So they keep going until it becomes more expensive to produce then the profit from that item redeems. Now when you increase the cost of production (via obamacare/taxes or other methods), you have now crossed the line, and now are producing things at a cost that is more expensive then the profit you get from them. Thus, its time to scale down to stay in line again. Obviously this is simply generalized, but that's how economics works. If you increase the cost of production you WILL get layoffs, everytime, no matter what.
    Grossly incorrect on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    And its not simply political.
    B U L L S H I T

When you purposely, and publically, make a statement that you lay off players simply because someone was re-elected into office immediately after the polls you've fucking made it a political statement almost entirely.

I don't know about Florida but in California it's mostly the case. Especially alcohol.
    Please provide prof to this claim and don't say well I live there so I know its a 100% fact