Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wait, did you smoke a shitload of weed and suddenly stop in '09 or something? This is literally the first time I've heard someone express this!
    The Dominoes out here overdoes it with the garlic sauce stuff they now put on their pizza, so much so it reeks the moment I would get a pizza and such from the delivery man. Pizza smell? Nah, lets give em a good wafting load of nasty garlic sauce. You can even ask them to go light on the garlic sauce, it's like talking to a wall, they just douse the pizza in the stuff, it's sickening.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I wonder if he accounts for improved worker productivity in his math.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    The Dominoes out here overdoes it with the garlic sauce stuff they now put on their pizza, so much so it reeks the moment I would get a pizza and such from the delivery man. Pizza smell? Nah, lets give em a good wafting load of nasty garlic sauce. You can even ask them to go light on the garlic sauce, it's like talking to a wall, they just douse the pizza in the stuff, it's sickening.
    Weird! I haven't had that experience. Maybe the problem is quitting pot, but that you need to start it! But for real, I haven't had this problem. Maybe I just really, really like garlic though.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It's difficult to do any heavy lifting when it comes to modeling if you pull numbers directly out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    You forgot to remove pepsi there.
    Diet Pepsi is OK, though. Diet Mountain Dew and the rest of that stuff is just... fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Why doesn't the CEO just take a smaller piece of the pie, which still ends up being an incredibly huge piece of pie. Wouldn't that be a smart business decision?
    People don't seem to understand that these burdens and excessive regulations on big corporations hit small businesses even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That would require him to accept that he was screwing his workers over before, instead of just blaming it on this bill. Not to mention that Walmart has been doing this sort of thing for years to keep costs low. It is uber-Capitalism. Free Market is the bestest.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    People don't seem to understand that these burdens and excessive regulations on big corporations hit small businesses even harder.
    Oddly, the ACA exempts any businesses that have less than 50 Employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Obamacare has exemptions for small businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Diet Mountain Dew and the rest of that stuff is just... fucking delicious.
    Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.
    Hell no. Then again, I tend to taste subtle flavors in food in extremes. Cilantro tastes heavily like soap, beans taste heavily like wax (same with avocado), cauliflower is extremely bitter to me (as it dark chocolate), energy drinks and just about everything similar tastes very similar to cough syrup, etc.

Hell no. Then again, I tend to taste subtle flavors in food in extremes. Cilantro tastes heavily like soap, beans taste heavily like wax (same with avocado), cauliflower is extremely bitter to me (as it dark chocolate), energy drinks and just about everything similar tastes very similar to cough syrup, etc.
    Don't diss dark chocolate!

Yeah, I think there's some specific allele that causes that if I recall. I love cilantro, and my ex hated it for the same reason you say. Cooking Mexican food sucked as a result.

Energy drinks are all fucking awful. I'm with you there.

Yeah, I think there's some specific allele that causes that if I recall. I love cilantro, and my ex hated it for the same reason you say. Cooking Mexican food sucked as a result.

Energy drinks are all fucking awful. I'm with you there.
    Well, do energy drinks taste like cough syrup to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Don't diss dark chocolate!
    dark chocolate is way too strong/intense. milk chocolate is clearly the best.

Not quite, but they taste like extremely sugary crap with no redeeming qualities at all. For some awful reason, my buddy and I drank like 6 cans of Diet Monster one night when we had to make a long ass drive though. It's good for staying awake!

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    dark chocolate is way too strong/intense. milk chocolate is clearly the best.
    I find both amazing. I love white chocolate too.

I don't know, I tend to see the best in every type of food. I'm discerning within types, but almost every type of food tastes good to me when it's done right for my tastes.

Red Bull tastes like cough syrup to me. I can't, for the life of me, understand how it got so popular. Monster and AMP, on the other hand, taste rather good.

So does Bawls.

Not quite, but they taste like extremely sugary crap with no redeeming qualities at all. For some awful reason, my buddy and I drank like 6 cans of Diet Monster one night when we had to make a long ass drive though. It's good for staying awake!

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:50 AM ----------

I find both amazing. I love white chocolate too.

I don't know, I tend to see the best in every type of food. I'm discerning within types, but almost every type of food tastes good to me when it's done right for my tastes.
    Yeah, too me, they taste very similar to cough syrup if it had been sugared and carbonated in an attempt to pass it off as a soda or something.

Yeah, too me, they taste very similar to cough syrup if it had been sugared and carbonated in an attempt to pass it off as a soda or something.
    Yeah, that's spot on. I could never quite put my finger on what I hate about them, but cough syrup with a ton of sugar and carbonation is exactly how they taste to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this on my facebook, too.

People need to do research before reposting these mindless memes.

Papa John's is a Franchise company. If you don't know what a Franchise is, go look it up for the love of god.

The stores you see with the Papa John's logos? They aren't owned by Papa John's the company. They're owned by small business owners all over the US.

Most likely, Papa John's won't be reducing anyone's hours, because most of their employees are already full time and already on healthcare with the company. The people who will be reducing the hours, and cutting jobs, are the franchise owners. Because they have to get by, too.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I saw this on my facebook, too.

People need to do research before reposting these mindless memes.

Papa John's is a Franchise company. If you don't know what a Franchise is, go look it up for the love of god.

The stores you see with the Papa John's logos? They aren't owned by Papa John's the company. They're owned by small business owners all over the US.

Most likely, Papa John's won't be reducing anyone's hours, because most of their employees are already full time and already on healthcare with the company. The people who will be reducing the hours, and cutting jobs, are the franchise owners. Because they have to get by, too.
    I suggest you do some more research.

Papa Johns INTL sells both franchises (and takes 5-7% of their profits) and also operates many of its own stores in a corporate environment. Not every Papa Johns is a franchise.

Yeah, that's spot on. I could never quite put my finger on what I hate about them, but cough syrup with a ton of sugar and carbonation is exactly how they taste to me.
    I wonder why they taste like that? I had the same reaction to Mountain Dew: Game Fuel. At first I thought it was the caffeine, but I recently accidentally added 150mg of caffeine to about 18 ounces of coke and it didn't taste like that. I was seeing if I could make strawberry Coke and used some packet of Crystal Light, but didn't notice until after I poured it in that it was the energy type. That reminds me, why do companies get to put shit on their packaging like "2.5 servings per packet" when it recommends you add the entire packet to 20 ounces of water and the packet has no way of practically resealing or carrying it around without spilling?