Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    well , for my opinion , yes the DK is an OP class. but what most tend to forget , is that it is a HERO CLASS! so if it is abit tuned up more as an warrior or a pala , yes i undersand
    Dk is far from op. Sure, it excels at a few things better than others, but it also lacks from time to time at other things.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Mages can portal round the world, rogues can vanish out of a fight they're losing, locks can instantfear and run with the speed of light away.
    Most classes have some advantages over the others, which is why not everybody play "the OP class".

I know DKs was considered around the worst tanking-class on average in cata due to the rng. I found them very strong myself, and now they got buffed because so many thought they needed it, and are, as far as i know, the best MT-class now, which have made my face into a permanent grin.

They weren't bad because of RNG. They were bad because keeping STD's up was difficult and they took more damage than other tanks because of less avoidance. Which was fixed in 4.3 with the Outbreak hotfix and the shift to a passive effect of Blade Barrier, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    They weren't bad because of RNG. They were bad because keeping STD's up was difficult and they took more damage than other tanks because of less avoidance. Which was fixed in 4.3 with the Outbreak hotfix and the shift to a passive effect of Blade Barrier, among other things.
    Yeah. I thought it was more fun before the passive blade barrier. I know DKs was horrible at bethilac on last phase. On normal it was easy to gear out of, while HC was hell.
    On the other hand they could solotank baleroc.

I know the arguments for it. I just think most people made it a lot worse than it was. And now they made them stronger to suit the more average playerbase that have a hard time managing the selfheals and CDs.

Passive blade barrier was a horrible design. It didn't allow you to game RE(thank god that's no longer needed) and thus made you lose a lot of Death Strikes.

If you really care that much about what people will think of you for playing a certain class, work on your self esteem.

DK's are weaker than they've been in the past, and their reputation still hasn't changed and probably won't, the same way huntards are always going to be huntarded even after blizzard stupid-proofs their abilities.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

i'm leveling my monk at the moment, and god damn rolling through Outland and Norethrend the amount of DK's about who still, 3 years later don't know that you don't dos in blood presence and death grip doesn't increase your deeps. It's enough to make me hate my own class.

Who gives a shit what the mouthbreathing masses think? Everyone thinks every class (or spec, for that matter) other than the one they are currently playing is 'faceroll'.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    i'm leveling my monk at the moment, and god damn rolling through Outland and Norethrend the amount of DK's about who still, 3 years later don't know that you don't dos in blood presence and death grip doesn't increase your deeps. It's enough to make me hate my own class.
    you realise a dk in outland is potentially as experienced with their class as your average lvl 10-15 with MANY more skills to use...so please, dont judge on silliness like this