Poll: What is the source of more accurate statistics?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

What is the source of more accurate statistics?

In your opinion, what is the source of more accurate stat weights?
    Last edited by Riencel; 2012-11-10 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Just to clarify.

Depends on the statistic you want to check?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like WoWReforge because aside from fiddling with stat weights I can manually write in a cap I want it to take into account.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by "statistics"? Stat weights? If so, simcraft (used properly).

SimCraft by a mile.

Pretty meaningless Poll, since in the end most of the sites ( besides some EJ spreadsheets ) listed get their stat weights from SimulationCraft, the program.

Of course you could ask a question: "Which site uses the most realistic, best, most suitable, etc. player setups ( gear, talents, action lists, encounter settings ) to get the best stat weights?", but even that is extremly subjective.

If you really want to discuss accuracy, you should create yet another thread about SimC accuracy, since that is the only factor here really influencing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: What is the source of more accurate statistics?
    A: Math.

Higher deeps with lower quality items isn't normal.
    But on math it is.
    Math.
    Not even once.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need a bad player to double his 15K dps quickly, send him to Noxxic.

For all other purposes go to the source of the websites, Simulationcraft. You need to bear in mind that the weight of stats changes as the stats increase. For example, for an Affliction Warlock Mastery>Haste. But as the amount of Mastery goes up, it's weighting can decrease relative to Haste, making Haste more valuable (they are quite close at base levels (say full 463 gear)).

Also breakpoints come into play, where an extra point of Haste can mean the difference between a whole extra tick of a dot. Just stacking Mastery in the Affliction example would be bad.

World of logs - hands down.

You may calculate and simcraft as much as you like. It always comes down to thinking through something theoretically. If you want statistics, fake them yourself - World of Logs is the way to go. None of the theories on any of the simcraft sites could be validated if it wasn't for some statistical "proof".

The most accurate theorycrafting .... I don't know, I'd tend to think simcraft.