Deleted

Rogue dual-wielding slow weapons

Greetings!

I've been wondering what i should go for as offhand to my epic fist weapon. I've noticed that Awynia from DREAM Paragon (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Awynia/simple) is dual-wielding slow fistweapons. Is this really viable? Is the fast MH slow OH requirement dead? In this case, could i dual-wield swords as well?

Post your thoughts!

Deleted
    No offense, but these posts are starting to become a pain in the ass. It's been answered about a million times on these boards alone; never mind the fact that there are several guides answering the question all around the web...

Nonetheless, yes, if you're Combat, dual-wielding slow weapons is optimal if you can make full use of your Killing Spree. If you can't, for whatever reason that may be, using a slow MH and a fast OH becomes preferable.

Garalon - Slow fast
    Stoneguards - Slow Slow

is guess thats a good example
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Garalon - Slow fast
    Stoneguards - Slow Slow

is guess thats a good example
    I hate the fact that you can't use Killing Spree AT ALL on Garalon. Really shows what a horrible cooldown it is.

yep i hate it too but oh well rogues are fine >_< i remeber KS not being good on magmaw either it ported me at his back and i died in the lava ^^

Deleted
    U can KS on Garalon if u move a little bit away from the leg

Have you actually bothered to check if maybe the reason you can not KS AT ALL on Garalon is because you have no idea how to do it properly rather than the boss doesn't let you?
    Don't try to argue with idiots. It will bring you down to their level, where they will crush you with their experience.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat, Sylvanas EU, Mac-How

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0point View Post
    Have you actually bothered to check if maybe the reason you can not KS AT ALL on Garalon is because you have no idea how to do it properly rather than the boss doesn't let you?
    Right, last time I tried it, I was sent straight underneath the boss' guts, immediately triggering a Crush. If you have secrets to share, by all means, share them!

Either way, Killing Spree having lead to more than one unintentional death is an undeniable fact, and a testament to how impractical it is. It's just not a very good cooldown, neither in theory nor in practice.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gniifail View Post
    U can KS on Garalon if u move a little bit away from the leg
    How does that work? What's stopping it from transporting me from leg-body-leg-body-leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Right, last time I tried it, I was sent straight underneath the boss' guts, immediately triggering a Crush. If you have secrets to share, by all means, share them!

Either way, Killing Spree having lead to more than one unintentional death is an undeniable fact, and a testament to how impractical it is. It's just not a very good cooldown, neither in theory nor in practice.

How does that work? What's stopping it from transporting me from leg-body-leg-body-leg?
    Let's look at it logically. I personally don't run Combat and never have. But I doubt that popping Killing Spree on a line of 5 individuals at max melee range from each other in a straight line will result (potentially) in you starting at one end and ending at the other.
    So, if we hold onto that presumption, we can infer that there is a max range that your Spree will target enemies from the point of origin. Hence people stating that if you move away from the leg, and thus, from the body, your Spree will only target the leg.

This is just a bit of my reasoning I'm injecting here, but it seems a fairly logical train of thought. Feel free pirate rogues to shoot my hypothesis down in flames.
    Last edited by Fadeout; 2012-11-19 at 11:50 AM. Reason: grammar fail

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post
    Let's look at it logically. I personally don't run Combat and never have. But I doubt that popping Killing Spree on a line of 5 individuals at max melee range from each other in a straight line will result (potentially) in you starting at one end and ending at the other.
    So, if we hold onto that presumption, we can infer that there is a max range that your Spree will target enemies from the point of origin. Hence people stating that if you move away from the leg, and thus, from the body, your Spree will only target the leg.

This is just a bit of my reasoning I'm injecting here, but it seems a fairly logical train of thought. Feel free pirate rogues to shoot my hypothesis down in flames.
    As far as I'm aware, from the wording of the spell too, the distance to each target is calculated after your jump, not from where you started. If the first jump is onto the leg, regardless of how far away from it you started, you should be able to reach the body. That might be old killing spree though, didn't really think about it in a while.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

well i tried 1 time to Ks with legs up -.- still got ported at the body and i cant move to far away because im tanking the cleave

Deleted

Just move a little bit away from the leg u want to KS and ofc away from the body and press Ks :=P no miracle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post

I thought of the same thing myself, but don't know for sure whether that's how it works. For all I know, the range-of-effect may very well reset after every jump. After all, you don't seem to stop "teleporting" even though your main target has moved beyond the zone of your initial Killing Spree.

And even if that is the case, I'm not too fond of the idea of working with an invisible zone of safety; a boundary I can't see, beyond which lies my personal death and (most likely) an imminent wipe.

The assumption of Fadeout is correct, albeit a bit over-complicated.

A simple fact is true about KS - you will never jump to targets that were out of KS range at the start of the cast, even if they are right next to the target you cast KS on. You can easily check this on the Valley of Blossoms target dummies.

And even if that is the case, I'm not too fond of the idea of working with an invisible zone of safety; a boundary I can't see, beyond which lies my personal death and (most likely) an imminent wipe.
    A simple estimation (of being far or not far enough) in your wording becomes a valiant struggle of overcoming astronomically unfair odds. Please don't make something that is essentially a trivial procedure sound like rocket science.

In the end it comes down to a simple fact - Killing spree can be safely used on Garalon, and you were the one who made a specific post complaining about it in the first place, so trying to go back now to how it "generally" sucks is taking the easy way out.
    Don't try to argue with idiots. It will bring you down to their level, where they will crush you with their experience.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat, Sylvanas EU, Mac-How

Quote Originally Posted by n0point View Post
    The assumption of Fadeout is correct
    Commence disco.

w00t w00t

My basic understanding of KSp is that the targets it'll jump to are selected on activation of the ability. So if you're >10yards from his center, you won't jump to it, only staying on the leg you're in range of.

The best way to show this is to go to the lvl 60 dummies in IF, move as far from the dummy you're dpsing as you can (putting you further still from the other), and hit ksp, despite jumping to your main target (putting you in ksp range of the other), you won't jump, as you were out of range of the 2nd on activation.

Positioning is key.

the only position to use KS on garalon is from the front if you watch direcly to them you cant use KS at the side of garalon so you would have to run a a bit far from those logs and use ks witch i think is more of a dps loss then using ks and standing out of range to actualy melee the legs also if you are tanking, this kind of use is risky i dont reccomend using this if you tank the boss because of cleave comming pretty fast and you have a very small window to ks and get into position

KS only targets enemies in range from where you started. Therefore standing out of range on Garalon but in range of his legs will work. I used this mechanic on Spine of Deathwing to killing Spree nothing but the amalgamation and leaving the bloods, if you can make it work there you can make it work on Garalon.

Of course, at least in my guild, one screw up and miscalculate that Killing Spree and trigger a crush? Well, you're benched and the next guy is in.
    That's just on normal, probably even more so when heroic.
    I wouldn't bother with it, risk > reward.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also have to consider any weapon racials as well. As an Orc dual wielding the fists out of Vaults is a very nice benefit.