Deleted

PvP Power vs Agility

So take Anji's Keepsake ring ilvl 389 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=89070) vs Deadly Gladiator's ring of Accuracy ilvl 358 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=84352)

Which is better for pvp? It seems to me you lose a lot of agility?

Or what about Dreadful Gladiator's leather gloves (http://www.wowhead.com/item=84463) vs Gloves of the Thousandfold Blades ilvl 396 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=85302)

Is the pvp/pve stuff better? I mean it's a lot of Agility to lose imo.

Any decent pvper/rogue know?

Thanks

PVP gear is better for PVP. there is an exception for healer weapons.. but for everybody else.. pvp gear.

There is no exception for healer weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    There is no exception for healer weapons.
    This is very much, not the right place for this, but I am led to believe that the heroic pve healer weapons beat out tier 1 pvp weapons at present. due to throughput vs pvp power

but hey, these are the rogue forums, so its kind of irrelevant!

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    PVP gear is better for PVP. there is an exception for healer weapons.. but for everybody else.. pvp gear.
    well the heroic pve weapons comes on top for warriors compaire to the pvp weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calculate the EP. Agi's EP is 3.676 and pvp power's EP is 3.092.

So, if you're debating using a 160 agi gem or a 320 pvp power gem, you would do (160*3.676) compared to (320*3.092). Also, take into account socket bonuses and do the calculations to figure out what's better in that piece of gear. Ignore all Resil socket bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

I don't think you should ignore resil socket in a PvP oriented toon

It does not boost your DPS, but still is pretty important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    I don't think you should ignore resil socket in a PvP oriented toon

It does not boost your DPS, but still is pretty important.
    The amount of resil provided by socket bonuses is minimal compared to what you get from pvp gear baseline. The same can't be said about PvP power.

Deleted
    Hi, with my PvP gear (465 ilvl) and combat spec I have about 42% PvP Power and 27k attack power. With my PvE gear (493 ilvl) I have 0 PvP Power and 44k attack power unbuffed. I tried both of my sets in BGs and PvP gear seems to be better than my PvE one for PvP damage.
    So for example I think 42% PvP Power is more than 17k attack power in PvP.

Only exception to pvp>pve is weapons for specific classes(warriors, marks hunters, frost DK) who rely purely on weapon damage such as mortal strike etc. Not AP-based attacks like poison/envenom/kill command/eviscerate/serpent sting/bleeds/etc.

Sha weapon > basic t1 weapon.
    heroic sha weapon > basic t2 weapon.

Assuming you wear full pvp gear in every other slot you'll hit around 15% harder.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phocket View Post
    Calculate the EP. Agi's EP is 3.676 and pvp power's EP is 3.092.

So, if you're debating using a 160 agi gem or a 320 pvp power gem, you would do (160*3.676) compared to (320*3.092). Also, take into account socket bonuses and do the calculations to figure out what's better in that piece of gear. Ignore all Resil socket bonuses.
    Yeah, this is what to look for. I am a JC, so I use two +320 Agility gems (one in belt buckle, and the other in a Red slot), but otherwise I am trying to work PvP power into all my sockets. I'm a little obsessive, so I try to get the socket bonus for everything, so I'm using +320 PVP Power in blue sockets, +80 Agi/+160 PvP Power in red sockets and +160 PvP Resilience/+160 PvP Power in yellow sockets.