Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIo0Y-uWCGY

That's one way of doing the figth. Try to fly into every circle, but when she starts to dipp down to cleave, just make sure you're close enough to the boss, if you're to far away she despawns and you fall down.
    Like I said, I never missed a single circle. I can't even get close to killing the hatchlings before they kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    There are basically three possible strat for Alysrazor:
    1) Staying outside of the room during P2-P3-P4.
    2) Killing all the hatchlings during each P1, stay in the room during P2.
    3) Stay in the room during P2 without killing all the hatchlings.
    I'll expand a bit.
    Strat 1 requires you to have either a very good dps to kill her in one phase or to survive a P2 outside of the room.
    If you do it in more than one phase, you should clean the path to Rhyolith before the fight. At the end of P1, you land at the top of the hill. You have to use your cd correctly (use Def Stance, Die by the sword, (glyphed) Shield wall, healing potion) and you should be able to survive. Nothing to do during P3. During P4, Alysrazor will attack you, but if you land at a sufficient distance she will begin to fly again when she reach you. A second P1 starts and you should kill her now.

Strat 2 is strange but should work too. In dps spec, at the beginning of each P1 you land BEFORE the eggs hatch (if you land after, you won't have the insane damage buff), you kill the hatclings and you star to fly again. That allows you to spent P2 in the room. I'm not sure if you're supposed to exit the room before the end of P2 or if you can stay inside, since Alysrazor hits really hard during P4.

Strat 3 is the strat if you're in prot spec. You should spend P2/P3/P4 in the room and focus on Alysrazor while hatchlings give you a lot of vengeance. During P1, you can land and kill some hatchlings in order not to be overwhelmed. You have to balance dps/survivability to know how many hatchlings you want to kill at each p1.

Concerning the "when she cleaves, I fall" problem, it's a bug. If you're too far from her when she go down to cleave, she'll reset. You shouldn't be in front of her either, or she'll reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    I've been wanting to solo saurfang 25nh for DBW and wanted to know if its possible to do as fury 483 or prot in dps gear with crappy blue weapon and shield?
    Thanks! I killed Marrowgar 25nh easy as prot.
    Anyone? Watched some videos and i'm kinda scared of this fight...^^

I have no clue, I haven't tried it in 25NM.
    It may be doable in dps spec, but I'm not sure at all.
    If you're trying it in prot spec, you'll want to be hardcapped Expertise, to equip as much dps gear as possible and having 2p T13 is probably an excellent idea.

But really, I don't know what is the ilvl requirement, so just try it.

It's been done as Prot but the gear check was pretty high. Think ~490 full dps gear + raid weapon+shield. Need the Hit soft cap and Expertise hard cap before you even consider doing this as if he ever destroys your Shield Barrier you're toast.

Not sure it's worth using the heroic versions of T13 2-set as that's a huge loss in stats for a relatively small absorb.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-03-30 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    my way of killing alysrazor:
    spawn, dmg, fly up, start taking circles, after 4/5th circle eggs will drop down, fly down... you will get 1000% dmg buff to hatchlings.. pop die by sword, CDs, nuke one, pop def banner, hp buff and nuke second down(kite him to worms spitting lava with heroic leap he will stun himself for a while)
    fly up again and keep dmging alysrazor and taking circles... she flies down, you too... try to not get hit by shit like lava/tornado you will need HP! right now you have to have 25 circles allready and crit buff... alysrazor will get +dmg buff so NUKE...
    now its a tricky part.. dot will be ticking very hard so you need to wait first tick, equip shield+shieldwall.. when you start getting low again use HP pot, cry, banner, die by sword, use everything!
    if you survive this just nuke her while flying... did it as 487ilvl smf...

next lockout ill try Senen start 1.

Deleted
    I'm farming Shadowmourne, so i also try as much 25 ICC bosses as possible. At the moment i can only solo Marrowgar, Deathwisper, Rotface and Blood Council in 25 mode.

If i try Saurfang using DPS gear + tankwappon & shield (488 ilvl) with tankspec i can survive it without problems, but the enrage timer is to hard. If you try it you should get hit & exp capped and try to always got SBar (so he can't heal himself).

If you look at page 22, carebear managed to to it with ilvl 507.

My list:
    Classic: clear
    BC: clear
    Wotlk(10 NH): clear expect Algalon and Valithria Dreamwalker.

I made more trys at Algalon...
    You have to defeat him before you got 5 stacks or you have to reset you stacks.
    I tried:
    a) using DPS gear & Spec -> too much damage, i can't survive.
    b) using DPS gear, tank wappon, shield, exp & hit softcap and prot spec -> I can survive without problems, but doing too less damage to defeat him before the 5th. stack.
    c) using b) + Terracota Fragment, trying to make as much damage a possible till i got 4 stacks, then using the trinket and hoping the add will tank Algalon -> I'm to stupid or got bad luck... sometimes the add is focusing a trash mob, anothertime he attacks algalon but does not get the aggro, ... I'm a nightelf, so i even used shadowmeld... The really anoying part is the 60 min cd, otherwise i think i whould already got a lucky try.
    d) using b) and jump away + speed potion after the 4th stack, trying to kite algalon for 20-30 secounds so the stack will reset -> algalon was to fast, i got the 5th stack.

What can i do now? Trying till c) works? Or maybe pulling 20 adds for extra revenge and then doing b)?

Did anyone made a few Valithria Dreamwalker trys? I only made one with Heavy Windwool Bandage... i guess Arthas never laughed that hard before
    But maybe as a Draenei? You also got the 30% healing buff in ICC... Maybe some items?
    I also searched some items...
    Trauma (an ICC healing weapon) maybe works if Gift of the Naaru is a spell?
    Seed of Tranquil Growth would be great, if whould also heal other persons / npcs :/
    Any other ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to do the first strat. Finally managed to master P1, I cant get passed the tornado phase if I stand outside. I take 20k damage every seconds the moment P2 starts.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA, nevermind I decided to just stay in and managed to own her in 5 attempt. The hardest part was to not reset her. :|
    Last edited by Chloral; 2013-03-30 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by usualwarrior View Post
    I made more trys at Algalon...
    You have to defeat him before you got 5 stacks or you have to reset you stacks.
    I tried:
    b) using DPS gear, tank wappon, shield, exp & hit softcap and prot spec -> I can survive without problems, but doing too less damage to defeat him before the 5th. stack.
    c) using b) + Terracota Fragment, trying to make as much damage a possible till i got 4 stacks, then using the trinket and hoping the add will tank Algalon -> I'm to stupid or got bad luck... sometimes the add is focusing a trash mob, anothertime he attacks algalon but does not get the aggro, ... I'm a nightelf, so i even used shadowmeld... The really anoying part is the 60 min cd, otherwise i think i whould already got a lucky try.
    d) using b) and jump away + speed potion after the 4th stack, trying to kite algalon for 20-30 secounds so the stack will reset -> algalon was to fast, i got the 5th stack.

What can i do now? Trying till c) works? Or maybe pulling 20 adds for extra revenge and then doing b)?
    Someone claimed he killed Algalon on a regular basis but never provided a strat nor a video.
    IIRC, that person was Nightstalker so I tend to trust him and that's why it's in green in the Soloing Recap.
    But I have no clue on how to kill him, I've never tried him. I'd think strat A is the way to go. A druid solo'd Algalon with strat D, so it may be doable as a warrior too, but it seems really hard.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 09:15 PM ----------

Did anyone made a few Valithria Dreamwalker trys? I only made one with Heavy Windwool Bandage... i guess Arthas never laughed that hard before
    But maybe as a Draenei? You also got the 30% healing buff in ICC... Maybe some items?
    Seed of Tranquil Growth would be great, if whould also heal other persons / npcs :/
    Any other ideas?
    Bandages are not sufficient (you need ~20 bandages but after 7min there are too many adds.)
    I haven't tried with Trauma.

Deleted
    Thanks for you answer Senen!

Ok, i made a calculation for Valithria Dreamwalker. I tried to calculate how much HP you will need as a draenei warrior to generate enough heal in less that 7 minutes (if you defeat all adds ASAP) while only using gift of the naaru.

Valithria Dreamwalker, 10 NH: 12.000.007 HP
    -> 6.000.004 HP must be healed
    Gift of the Naaru: 3 min cd (+ Last Stand: 2 min cd)
    -> can be used 3 times in 6:15 mins
    -> each of the 3 times you use it must heal 2.000.001 HP

How much HP will you need for this amount?

x*1,3*1,3*0,2*1,3=2.000.001
    x = the HP you'll need
    1,3 = 30% extra hp from last stand
    1,3 = 30% extra hp from the icc stamina buff
    0,2 = 20% of your total hp that will generate the heal (gift of the naaru)
    1,3 = 30% extra heal from the icc buff
    2.000.001 = the amount that each gift of the naaru cd must heal to bring the boss to 100% after 3 CDs

->x=4.551.664 HP = the amount of hp you need

Now you can add bandages, but the adds will interrupt you most of the time (ok, the first time will work, you can skip the group infront of her, walk directly to her and start the fight using the bandage)

Regarding Algalon: maybe i can try it again as DD with simple getting ~5 adds with level 82 before i pull algalon for extra heal?!

Any other ideas?
    GoftN only heals npcs based on your health, not theirs. As such Warriors will never be able to heal Dreamwalker unless we get something like Bloodworms.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did solo it on 25man as someone said. It was a close fight, first time I did it he enraged at 4% but the second time I just had to push more damage to get him down quick enough.

I was using ilvl 507 fury gear, with an ilvl 522 weapon from ToT and a few thunderforge pieces too. Shield was only 476!

You want to keep shield barrier up as much as possible so that he doesn't heal himself with the debuff he applies. The less you let him heal and the more damage you do the better chance you have of getting him down before the enrage.

If you're going to solo Algalon you must be an Engineer for the Nitro Boosts and Goblin Glider. When you need to reset your stacks stand in a Cosmic Smash and at your apex pop the glider. Boosts are just in case you land too soon and need to run away from Algalon. You should also be Expertise Hard Capped since the only secondary stat as Prot that has a meaningful DPS increase is Crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're going to solo Algalon you must be an Engineer for the Nitro Boosts and Goblin Glider. When you need to reset your stacks stand in a Cosmic Smash and at your apex pop the glider. Boosts are just in case you land too soon and need to run away from Algalon. You should also be Expertise Hard Capped since the only secondary stat as Prot that has a meaningful DPS increase is Crit.
    Goblin Glider is a great idea! Have you tried it while fighting Algalon? I'm not an Engineer :/ I thought about using Skyguard's Drape, but the duration is only 10 seconds vs. 30 with the Goblin Glider, so i guess this will not work for me.
    Nightstalker is also Engineer, so i guess this is the way he defeated Algalon.

everything but blood DKs. second wind ftw

Goblin Glider is a great idea! Have you tried it while fighting Algalon? I'm not an Engineer :/ I thought about using Skyguard's Drape, but the duration is only 10 seconds vs. 30 with the Goblin Glider, so i guess this will not work for me.
    Nightstalker is also Engineer, so i guess this is the way he defeated Algalon.
    I said I didn't remember who claimed the Algalon solo and that maybe it was Nightstalker. But I guess it was actually Trubo.

Deleted
    It was Nightstalker at page 17 (but i guess Trubo did it also)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soloed Flame Leviathan 10 with 3 towers up (noticed it wasn't in the spreadsheet)!

I tried doing it with all 4 towers up, but I simply wasn't able to burn him down with only 2 demolishers at my disposal.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Soloed Flame Leviathan 10 with 3 towers up (noticed it wasn't in the spreadsheet)!
    NVM, they are in the spreadsheet; I'm just a bit slow on the uptake...

Deleted
    Just killed Morchok. To bad I cannot link my video on youtube (some MMO-champion rules :X ). You can find it on youtube anyway in my channel (channel Lotkomotiva)

Spreadsheet uploaded.

Gratz Lotky.
    You should try Zon'ozz. I did some attempts long time ago, before I lost my lockout.
    It seems challenging but totally doable with current gear.

(And if you've managed to kill Morchok, Yor'sahj should be a joke.)