Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Man ... Alysrazor is hard as fuck for Warrior. You can either take the 50k dps fire AOE in tornado phase for standing outside or avoid the tornado inside but take up on all the adds (and most important fail on all the achievments you are trying to earn).
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-11-14 at 09:59 AM.

So far I've solo'd the first three bosses of Shado-Pan Monastery heroic--haven't found the time to do Heroic Taran Zhu, but I'll do it some time.

For those of you hoping to use PVP trinket for ROS I dout it works. As human the racial does not. I had to use my DK in the end to pass ROS. If you have a good friend or an alt account just get a char to LOS in a corner for P2, run up the ramp to the left and he will run between the two of you stunning 1 at a time. Takes a while but 0 chance of solo.

Illidan fire adds are simple, tank them in the middle, run south out of fire, as soon as 1 is dead or out of range of glaive it becomes enraged and hits hard, so kill both as close together as possible. Not really hard killed as arms.

I have solo'd
    naxx 10 and ony 10, malygos 10. I only started trying today. Pathwerk was done as arms, hit D stance around 30% and let my 2nd wind keep me up, no big issues.

Just a quick question: do you

a) solo as Prot with dps gear
    b) solo as prot with prot gear
    c) solo as arms/fury with dps gear
    d) solo as arms/fury with prot gear

Just that I leveled to 90 as Arms and have no prot gear what so ever at the moment. BC/Vanilla Content i can solo in dps gear np (atleast what I tried/did (MC, Kharazan, etc).

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnophore View Post
    Just a quick question: do you

a) solo as Prot with dps gear
    b) solo as prot with prot gear
    c) solo as arms/fury with dps gear
    d) solo as arms/fury with prot gear

Just that I leveled to 90 as Arms and have no prot gear what so ever at the moment. BC/Vanilla Content i can solo in dps gear np (atleast what I tried/did (MC, Kharazan, etc).

Thanks for the help.
    Personally I just go with fury in DPS-gear. Some fights get rediculous easy as tank. I wan't to have some fun doing some of the fights at least.

Was inspired by this thread so last night I went in and did the following from TBC:

TK (all) - but no mount
    SSC (all but Vashj)
    Gruuls Lair
    Mags Lair
    BT (up to RoS)

Tonight I'm going after Wrath content. I'm soloing as Fury with dps gear. I'm around 455 iLvl in my fury gear. I have close to 470 iLvl prot gear so I may give that a try if I struggle on anything.

Edit: Forgot about Kara. Did everything up to Chess and couldn't get it down d/t Medivh cheating Didn't bother with Sunwell as Kalecgos can't be solo'd and I'm not sure about Brut.
    Last edited by Revak; 2012-11-14 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did Lynx and Eagle in ZA as Fury, standard solo spec. Some of the trash hits like a truck (avoid bear), and on Lynx I was in D stance and danced in and out of the totem as necessary, I did use pots and lock rocks though. It doesnt matter if he heals, just stay alive and keep your MS up. Trying Hex Lord now. Oh and Eagle I was in berserker, burned him.

Edit: Malacrass was a joke, interrupt adds, kill them for Victory Rush at right time, go D stance for the fight after initial burn.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-11-14 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

What about High Priestess Kilnara in Zul'Gurub
    (drops the swift zulian panther)

I havent even tried, but maybe here did?
    crossed my mind that the adds might trigger victory rush.

going to TK for the mount, any tactic i should be aware about, or just go?
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    What about High Priestess Kilnara in Zul'Gurub
    (drops the swift zulian panther)

I havent even tried, but maybe here did?
    crossed my mind that the adds might trigger victory rush.

P1. At start of fight, kill the first two that come as far away from the "scene" as possible, after second, rush towards the caster.
    P3. Get the caster down first (asap) when they ressurect, and then the hunter (?). Then it's pretty much a kill after you got those two down.

Don't bother with any weapon or shield that you can pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post

Just make sure you kill Capernian in P1 as far away from the others as possible. Gives you time to kill them all when they rez together before she gets to you or to kill her first (though I recommend the other 3 first).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Haven't tried much since hitting 90 as my warrior is an alt.

-MC for bindings
    -BT all the way to RoS and didn't even come close to downing that (still working on the second glaive)
    -Kara until Chess

-Going to TK, Hyjal, and Ony this week

For those of you who have solo'd KT for the phoenix; were you doing so in dps or prot spec? I've got equal gear for both and play both so either would be fine with me. Just curious as to what works best.....slow kill with lots of defense or quick kill.
    I've been killing him as fury just fine. My itemlevel is 471.

Is there a way to do Thorim solo? I get to the first construct before he sends the lightning ball through to kill me. Speed potions, any of the sort useful at all?

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Has any of you achieved to solo Alysrazor in Firelands? I miss one single achievement from him for the mount.
    Just killed him after a few trys. Took almost 13 minutes, close to "soft"enrage, which you might be able to survive in next content gear.

Deleted
    What kind of Specc/Glyph setup do people use for soloing content?

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Was inspired by this thread so last night I went in and did the following from TBC:

TK (all) - but no mount
    SSC (all but Vashj)
    Gruuls Lair
    Mags Lair
    BT (up to RoS)

Tonight I'm going after Wrath content. I'm soloing as Fury with dps gear. I'm around 455 iLvl in my fury gear. I have close to 470 iLvl prot gear so I may give that a try if I struggle on anything.

Edit: Forgot about Kara. Did everything up to Chess and couldn't get it down d/t Medivh cheating Didn't bother with Sunwell as Kalecgos can't be solo'd and I'm not sure about Brut.

Did Brutallus the other day in tank specc with dps gear on besides shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Just killed him after a few trys. Took almost 13 minutes, close to "soft"enrage, which you might be able to survive in next content gear.
    How? Spec, Gear? Tactic? Please don't start by saying make sure to have "health stones"...

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    How? Spec, Gear? Tactic? Please don't start by saying make sure to have "health stones"...
    Stamina Scroll, King Drums, Stamina Food, maybe Flask.

Protspec with DoubleTime/2ndWind/Shockwave/Avatar, but except for 2ndWind it choices don't matter that much.
    Revenge and Shieldblock Glyph are a must have.
    Keep Shield Barrier up as soon as you come close to 40%, hardest phase is P4 in the cycle when 2 adds+boss are bashing you.

Since I don't have real Tankgear I just used Items with max.Stamina, most of them from DPSgear.
    Must have: Souldrinker (hc)!!

Tactic:
    First round:
    Do a full Flight and ignore all ground Adds. Keep DPSing the boss with 24 stacks, refresh them during tornado phase.
    Caster Adds won't aggro if you don't attack them, Hatchlings from first phase will always attack you, when you come down. Use them as Vengeance-Source, they won't take 1000% more dmg, since you where up when they spawned.

Go up with the boss for the 2nd turn and head back down, as soon as the hatchlings are about to spawn, collect them kill them asap (the 2 new ones) and head back up. If you're good you won't lose the stacks, which I couldn't manage at first kill.
    You should get to 16-20 stack until tornado. Then head back down and try to get to every gate you can reach in time for 24 stacks.
    Proceed -> You're down or the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did 2 timed in ZA, I stopped to loot though and was not flasked. Went as prot in DPS gear (Second Wind, VR Glyph, Unending Rage, Hold the Line Shockwave, Disrupting Shout and Avatar) and the Elegon tank trinket, went Eagle ---> Dragonhawk, had 3 minutes left on the timer after I killed him. 42k DPS overall, only did 31k on Akil'zon which I think hurt me. I have a N Elegion with Dancing Steel, a N Steelskin and all epics (488 with the tank trinket) though so I doubt unless you're insane at soloing and want to spend a lot of gold to get 3 timed by yourself that you will be able to do 3 timed any time soon. I haven't reforged for soloing either and was sitting at 26% mastery and 22% crit with 26.5k AP unbuffed. I figure if you needed ~15k DPS from your DPS and 10k from your tank IIRC at 85 you'd need ~55k overall DPS to beat it, and higher single target than I did on Akil'zon.

I killed Akil'zon a LOT faster as Fury but it was trickier.

Don't even bother trying Bear, he hits really fucking hard, I don't even think Blood DKs can solo him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Im sure id be able to solo halfus if he didnt have slate dragon up,90% healing reduce gg no way,and doubt valiona and theralion are hard,depends how hard blackout hits but with decent absorb shield i think its doable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Is there a way to do Thorim solo? I get to the first construct before he sends the lightning ball through to kill me. Speed potions, any of the sort useful at all?
    You should watch miones video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLW_xQeTMwM and read the description, was very easy to solo Thorim after i looked at that vid (like 10+ times..). U can use your mocking banner to pull the ''horde'' when you're inside the arena.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the process of finishing solo BT.

RoS is def doable with 480ilvl+ Fury as SMF. Saved all my cd's for P2, and just started wailing on her with double trinkets procc'd, potion of mogu power, full rage bar, and unloading RB's/BS proccs/BTs into her within a Csmash while in def stance and DBTS + Demo banner up to negate damage reflect. Interrupted a spirit shock for +6% RI damage buff, executed her for 200k. Fight is def a lot easier/assured if you esp stack for her