Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just a tip for those that are just breaking into the solo world:

I predominantly solo in Prot spec, I'm just a tank at heart. There's quite a few fights that people suggest you go DPS for, because you're trying to beat some kind of timer, whether it's an Enrage timer, a debuff stack #, or anything. But if you're not confident in your DPS gear or playstyle (I know I'm not really a solid DPS), don't be afraid to utilize trash pulls as Vengeance buffers. I'll use Gurtogg as an example. Probably an easy fight without them, I just remember I used to have a small problem killing him. So, I like to instead pull all the trash in the large room before him, and bring them down with me. I back into a corner, and let all that trash (Like 20 - 30 mobs I'd say?) beat on me, boosting my Vengeance considerably, and allowing me to drop bombs on Gurtogg.

Don't get me wrong either, it's completely possible to pull way too much shit and not be able to crawl out of the damage hole you've dug. But usually second wind can take care of most of it. Just a neat little tactic that works in some situations.

Oh, one more word of advice. If you're in the Wing of Mortal Pleasures in BT, do not get cocky and pull a whole room full of the sluts. I was stuck getting 'love tapped' for like 15 minutes, spamming DR, waiting for that .2 second window where I wasn't stunned. I could have just DC'd out, but I knew I could do it damnit.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    After soloing Lich King on my hunter I was curious about how other classes could cope with the task. I know only of Death Knights and Druids besides hunters doing it. Since I have a warrior at 85, I was thinking of leveling it to 90 to try and see what I can solo, due to running out of ideas for my hunter. Is it possible to solo Lich King yet with a warrior or do they lack consistent healing ability to keep up with Necrotic Plague and Infest?
    Prot paladins can do it without much practice.

I did it in 10NM and I plan to do it in 10HM (best try at 24%).

I may fraps it, so I'll wait a bit to explain how I did it.
    If you wonder what you can solo as a warrior, my previous post might provide some ideas. There are really a lot of things doable by now as a warrior. Almost all pre-cata content. And even in Cataclysm, many bosses are soloable.
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-04 at 07:45 AM.

Soloed BT this week. Almost died at Bloodboil, but that was the only hard part imo. Did the 2 first bosses in ICC yesterday, and then I dc'd, so I didn't bother trying to go further.. Don't think I could've soloed Gunship tbh. But tbh mostly everything before Ulduar is soloable now (atleast as a warrior, it's my only 90 so I don't know any other classes) I switch between prot and arms btw, if there's a lot of trash I go prot, but if there's nuke I go arms

I did all vanilla content that i can, except c'thun, which was the only one i couldn't solo.
    All tbc content
    wotlk i tried naxx, but i'm sure i can do the rest solo if i tried.
    nothing for cata or mop a lot of rare spawn tho.

Question, is it possible to solo the ICC legendary (normal mode at least) now since the gunship change?

Just did;

Ulduar 25N Flame Leviathan
    Ulduar 25N Ignis the Furnace Master.

Flame Leviathan was pretty easy, dropped all 4 towers so he was at 70m (With all 4 up he was at ~260m?)

Ignis was a bit harder. It took me two attempts. The first attempt I died to Enrage at 11 Minutes, with the boss at 14%. Second attempt, I knew I had to keep up as many Constructs as I possibly could take. That strategy allowed my Vengeance to float around 20,000 - 25,000 most of the time, and gave me the extra DPS I needed to push him at 9m 57s. I tanked him right near the water, and when I was becoming overwhelmed with Contructs + His damage buff from them, I'd just pull them all into the water (By this time they were more than ready, half the time I just stood in the Scorch) and one swift Thunderclap took care of them. It was a huge rush because I knew I was up against the enrage timer.

Also, I'm really getting annoyed with Revenge procs firing off a little GCD. When I'm tanking a ton of lower adds, sometimes Revenge is just rifling over and over and I gotta spam the key to get an actual one in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Cataclysm : Omnitron, Magmaw, Atramedes, Halfus, Valiona, Alysrazor.
    Best attempt on Chimaeron : 7%. It's still soloable but incredebly harder since the nerf/fix of Vengeance (and now with the nerf of Avatar). I expect to kill it soon.

I already did some attempt on Beth'tilc which seems to be doable (at least until P2), but again, I don't have time to try everything. Rhyolith may be doable too, but I can't bear this fight so I won't try it soon.
    Care to give us some hints on the BWD bosses, and Beth? All I want out of BWD is the chest off Atramedes, and all I really want out of FL is the Pala shoulders off Beth and the sword off her as well, and if I could do it without dragging others along with me that'd be great. I trio Omno/Magmaw/Atramedes, but the Beth trash ate me alive, I was probably doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I'm really hoping Blizzard doesn't touch second wind...it's so helpful with soloing old stuff >< Would be very sad if they nerfed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Care to give us some hints on the BWD bosses, and Beth? All I want out of BWD is the chest off Atramedes, and all I really want out of FL is the Pala shoulders off Beth and the sword off her as well, and if I could do it without dragging others along with me that'd be great. I trio Omno/Magmaw/Atramedes, but the Beth trash ate me alive, I was probably doing it wrong.
    Omnotron: You just have to survive, there's no enrage timer. Full tank gear. Nothing hard.

Magmaw: The enrage timer is not that tight but you should have some dps gear. The really hard part is when it chews you, so keep all your def cds for this. It hits really hard during the ~15 last seconds so you'll want to have as much rage as possible to spam Shield Barrier. Use Demoralizing shout each time and either Last stand or Shield wall. Spam Victory rush when available. Shockwave is good to handle the adds.

Atramedes: I don't think its trashs are doable. Well, Mione managed to do it as a DK so maybe there's a way for warrior but I doubt it. It seems doable in dps spec, but I'm not sure since I only did two or three trys. In tank spec you can really faceroll the fight. Use Heroic Leap and Banner+Intervene in P2 to escape its ray. If I remember correctly, I didn't use the drums to interrupt Searing flame in P1, but I'm not sure. Either way, you should be able to kill him before you run out of drums.

Beth'tilac: I did really few attempts since I skip the first trash (the giant) and I get bored to wait for the cd of my Invisibility Potion. I've not much to say about the fight.
    I don't remember if I try it with dps spec (I highly doubt the P2 is doable in dps).
    In prot spec, you'll have to equip dps gear to kill the big spider in time. All in all, you just follow the strat: taunt the spiders to get them on the ground and kill them quickly, tank and spank the big spiders. What's really challenging is to kill the little spiders, if they reach your big spiders they don't only regen its health but it grants it a dps buff. You don't want that to happen. You have to use wisely your Charge/Heroic Leap and aoe them before your spider is in range to eat them. In my best try I manage to kill the first three big spiders but the fourth get buffed and killed me.

Edit : Truth be told, I may have another idea for Beth'tilac, but I don't think it will work and it requires to farm some really unrelated stuff. So for now I will keep that for me and try next week instead of wasting your time. If it works, I'll come back to explain.
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-04 at 03:07 PM.

Haven't done anything impressive solo-wise on my warrior, as I have a dk and druid for the more challenging stuff. Using a prot spec (unless really trivial, then I go arms) and Second Wind.

All pre-MoP (and probably some of the MoP heroics) are soloable. Only exception I can think of would be Bloodlord in ZG, as I don't think it's possible to survive his Decapitate as it currently stands (hits harder than 25 LK Fury of Frostmourne to give an idea of the amount of damage that has to be mitigated).

MC: Been soloable for a long time. Might want to bring some pots that can remove curse but not a problem as prot since so few attacks use rage. Debuff only lasts 5 minutes anyway and only Lucifron casts it.

BWL : Prot + Second Wind = 2 channels to kill all the eggs, then you can kill Razorgore. Start on the side of the room with the orb

AQ20: Wasp is the only annoying boss. Spec for storm bolt or bring a bow if you don't want to spam Throw

AQ40: All bosses 5.1 are soloable now. For Viscidus, two easy options for freezing him: Get Elemental Force (only do if you can bring him to 1 hp before he freezes, otherwise zzzzzz until second freeze) or get someone to buy you one of those Brunnhildur weapons that proc a 4 frost damage attack as it procs fairly often. Did it as prot, saved rage until boss froze, then spammed devastate+shield slam+HS until he shattered. Twin Emps are pretty easy as well, just get your back to a wall while fighting to negate the knockbacks. Make sure to atack the magic Emperor with whichever weapon you brought to freeze Viscidus with until he takes any amount of damage from the proc, or you won't get loot from him. C'thun is a joke now that the stomach won't instant gib you.

All of the one boss raids in BC are soloable, not going to go into detail beyond obvious stuff like kill healer in Gruul's first.

Kara: Been soloable since Cata (probably WotLK)

SSC: Vashj is about the only thing hard to do, save berserker's rage for the striders to be fear immune as often as possible. Shouldn't need Shield Barrier unless she gets lots of stacks during phase 2.

TK: Go as prot and use at least one stamina trinket for Kael. Can use a pvp movement freedom trinket if you'd like but I didn't bother with it. Stamina trinket is so that your Second Wind healing range is large enough to take the rare Flame Strike while Arcane Disrupted and not be killed by a Fireball right after.

Hyjal: Nothing all that challenging, but horde base is annoying. Bring a good ranged weapon and spec for storm bolt between bosses.

BT: RoS is a pretty steep dps race. Spec into the interrupt shout for a little more leeway and, as someone mentioned earlier, take the 90 bleed talent instead of Avatar. Do not use Execute without a defensive cooldown. Other than RoS, everything else is trivial (Focus Melinda for council, spam cleave, TC, and Shockwave/Dragon Roar, Execute when able). Illidan is simple enough, just make sure you're on that gated circle between the two elementals to prevent them from enraging.

Sunwell: Kill Sun Slayers first, wait between trash packs for defensive cds to be back up if you get hit by slaying shot. Kalec must be reset to proceed further since he can not be soloed. Everything else is pretty straightforward, though Brutallus has a soft enrage with his Meteor Slash, making it a dps race.

All single boss WotLK raids are soloable on at least 10 man. Haven't tried 25 and don't care to try since nothing I'd like drops from them.

Naxx: ZZZZZZZZZZ

Everything else up to MoP: Haven't tried on my warrior, but people in thread have been posting info on it. Can always refer to the Druid/DK soloing guides and fine tune the strats for warriors.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-04 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    SSC: Vashj is about the only thing hard to do, save berserker's rage for the striders to be fear immune as often as possible. Shouldn't need Shield Barrier unless she gets lots of stacks during phase 2.
    Vashj is also doable in dps spec. Just zerg her in P3. Even with a bad P2 (and by "bad" I meand "Vashj has 99 stacks") she can be killed. But you should be able to have ~50 stacks.

TK: Go as prot and use at least one stamina trinket for Kael. Can use a pvp movement freedom trinket if you'd like but I didn't bother with it. Stamina trinket is so that your Second Wind healing range is large enough to take the rare Flame Strike while Arcane Disrupted and not be killed by a Fireball right after.
    A stamina trinket ? oÔ
    I kill him every week in dps spec/dps gear. The only thing that can kill you is if you stay in the clouds in P5 when he makes you fly.
    Use your cooldown and Bladestorm in P3 (or just zerg the Mage, it works too). Do not use any Banner in P4.

BT: RoS is a pretty steep dps race. Spec into the interrupt shout for a little more leeway and, as someone mentioned earlier, take the 90 bleed talent instead of Avatar. Do not use Execute without a defensive cooldown. Other than RoS, everything else is trivial (Focus Melinda for council, spam cleave, TC, and Shockwave/Dragon Roar, Execute when able). Illidan is simple enough, just make sure you're on that gated circle between the two elementals to prevent them from enraging.
    RoS used to be a really hard dps/hps race. Now you can just afk during the P2 and kill it with auto-attack.

All single boss WotLK raids are soloable on at least 10 man.
    I demand a vid of a warrior soloing Valithria !
    (I guess a draenei may be able to solo this encounter, though.)

I demand a vid of a warrior soloing Valithria !
    (I guess a draenei may be able to solo this encounter, though.)
    He said 'single boss WotLK raids'. ICC is not a single boss.
    Wildhammer EU
    Horde: New Shadow/Disc Priest

Ajzol-Nerub EU
    Alliance: 100 Fury/Prot Warrior | 95 Shadow/Disc Priest

Oh, sorry. I thought he meant "every single boss of wotlk is doable", which is true, I think. Except for Valithria.
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-04 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    did you mean rotface? as festergut is the one that makes you explode at 10 stacks, or is there a way to bypass that? (without use of racials etc)
    Yes I meant Festergut. As someone said after me you can get him down quite easily before you explode (I had actually forgotten about this mechanic so I wasn't even pushing it that hard).

Question, is it possible to solo the ICC legendary (normal mode at least) now since the gunship change?
    You'd have to solo Festergut and Rotface 25 to get their blood. I havent' tried this yet so don't know if it would be possible. Then collecting stuff off trash is solo'able. The infusion quests you'd need a few people. Putricide wouldn't need that many but you need a minimum of 8(?) for Blood-queen as you need to bite 3 people. I'm guessing Sindragosa wouldn't need many but I doubt she is solo'able (I'd imagine she resets if you get iceblocked). The collecting 50 shards is vaguely solo'able but would take a while since not all bosses are possible on 25 man.

I doubt Festergut is soloable in 25. The timer is really really tight in 10HM (but doable) and it has more than twice as many hp in 25NM.
    I'll test some crazy ideas I have in mind, but I don't think I will manage to kill it soon.

Sindragosa do not Iceblock you on 10HM (I don't remember what she did in 10NM, just rollfaced the fight). I guess the fight will be pretty easy in 25NM and may be doable in 25HM.

Anyway, it's 2pm where I live, so I won't finish ICC 10HM tonight and extend my id for the following week. Therefore, no try in ICC 25 NM/HM for me this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I do not have much I really want out of heroic ICC now (the heroic helmet looks like garbage, T13N is better with that heroic set, and fuck heroic Bloodqueen's shield - offered a shaman a deck for it and he demanded 30k gold)), I am going to try my hand at a full Normal clear this week. I'll need someone to heal Valithria to full though, time to bug some guildies again. BQL probably hits like a little girl so I'll need to be Fury and just burn the crap out of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Actually, you can do nearly all the bosses in dps spec in ICC 10NM.
    I zerged every one of them except Saurfang and Lich King.

Saurfang is bloody hard (haha, pun intended!) in dps spec and I don't know if it is even soloable. He heals himself A LOT. I don't know how much dps you have to deal to kill it in dps spec. It might be doable, I should check next time.
    Anyway, it's a real piece of cake in prot. Just spam Shield Barrier and he won't heal himself (he can't drain life if his attacks don't damage you.)

I did not try Lich King in dps spec. I didn't even thought of trying. I'm wondering if it's doable. It might be, actually. I should try it soon!
    Otherwise, Saurfang and Arthas are the only two bosses that require a prot spec in 10NM. (And in 10HM too, btw. Except, maybe, Putricide. I didn't try it yet, so I'm not 100% sure.)
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-04 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BT Update, did full clear solo 20 min ago with 472 - 475 ilvl depending on setup, still 463 weapons only, also TG.
    Bloodboil is the 2nd hardest now and RoS p2 is easy, i poped some dps cds in the start of p2 and when low on health i used some def cds and took my time killing it while ignoring that 5 sec cc (used the cc time to let SW regain my health).
    For the council i used al my CDs and Bladestormed them down and finished them of 1 by one.
    Same tact for Illidans elementals, those were a bit rough but dps cds first and def when SW kicks in and i was fine, exit that phase with aprox 139k hp.
    No glaives...

Used Avatar and Bladestorm whole clear.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

15+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang is bloody hard (haha, pun intended!) in dps spec and I don't know if it is even soloable. He heals himself A LOT. I don't know how much dps you have to deal to kill it in dps spec. It might be doable, I should check next time.
    I managed to do him in Fury at 373, after 7 minutes 28 seconds. It was tight, but it's definitely doable. Just make sure to kill the bloodbeasts ASAP, preferably before they even start attacking.

Your real DPS burns will be when your cooldowns are up - also, Die By the Sword prevents him from healing (Parrying his attacks = no heals) which is also a nice section for a chunk of damage.