Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't agree Tehterokkar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scum bucket View Post
    I don't agree Tehterokkar.
    arena is competitive gameplay, everyone plays the best spec for their class and plays the best comps available and plays to the best of their ability, survival isn't any of this, marks is best in 3s imo, been doing ridiculous damage with it even tho some consider it underpowered, all we need is some QoL fixes and then we'll be viable for some nice rating like R1 +

Thats a joke if you believe Marks is the best spec out of the 3 hunter specs for arena. In what possible way is Marks better then the other two specs?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play arena anymore but is this not more of a comp question? Unholy dks or affliction locks do not really have burst either so I would expect them to work quite well with a survivability hunter. On the other hand burst is so strong this season that I guess, constant pressure is not of interest unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Like random scrub BGs matter lol... Try it in Arena or Rated BG, you'll find yourself crying how bad the spec is
    Because rated games "matter" so very much. They only matter in as much as the rating makes it fun for the individual player, which is not something the OP has said at any point (games that aren't fun are a waste of time).

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Because rated games "matter" so very much. They only matter in as much as the rating makes it fun for the individual player, which is not something the OP has said at any point (games that aren't fun are a waste of time).
    I didn't specify because I hold all forms of pvp valuable in terms of fun.

So if someone can argue why SV is great in random bg's... sure, go ahead. But mind you: I mostly want to see reasons why SV is BETTER than the other speccs. Not simply that you enjoy it without more reasoning behind it.

Same for arena: if you do great as SV, please explain the details of why and how.

No reason to go insulting each other over it.
    It's enough to state why you think SV does not work in any specific field that someone mentioned.

I couldn't care less about what forms of pvp 'matter' or not.
    Of course I do realise that a specc is hardly put to a test in a few random bg's. Arena is far less forgiving of any shortcomings a specc might have.
    Random bg's are much more flexible in that regard.
    But again: feel free to explain where you like playing SV in pvp and why.

Thanks for all the answers so far.
    Not looking all that great, so I'm mostly hoping for small changes after the next patch where they adress the extremes.
    They said they would do smaller balancing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    I didn't specify because I hold all forms of pvp valuable in terms of fun.

So if someone can argue why SV is great in random bg's... sure, go ahead. But mind you: I mostly want to see reasons why SV is BETTER than the other speccs. Not simply that you enjoy it without more reasoning behind it.

Same for arena: if you do great as SV, please explain the details of why and how.

No reason to go insulting each other over it.
    It's enough to state why you think SV does not work in any specific field that someone mentioned.

I couldn't care less about what forms of pvp 'matter' or not.
    Of course I do realise that a specc is hardly put to a test in a few random bg's. Arena is far less forgiving of any shortcomings a specc might have.
    Random bg's are much more flexible in that regard.
    But again: feel free to explain where you like playing SV in pvp and why.

Thanks for all the answers so far.
    Not looking all that great, so I'm mostly hoping for small changes after the next patch where they adress the extremes.
    They said they would do smaller balancing after that.
    Kripparrian already explained it in 1 of his videos, Surv DoTs can be dispelled, our Burst is tied to 1 of our DoTs and the burst is really weak compared to MM or BM

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Kripparrian already explained it in 1 of his videos, Surv DoTs can be dispelled, our Burst is tied to 1 of our DoTs and the burst is really weak compared to MM or BM
    Yep, quite amazed that BA never recieved any dispell protection in MoP.
    Seems they consider the dispell cooldown enough to make it 'protected'.
    Of course serpent is a bit less mandatory now that the 10% extra damage on all shots is gone, but it still seems important enough.

If BA is dispelled, it should simply trigger LnL regardless of cooldown on it or not.
    Would be enough. But of course this isn't so much about suggestions as it is about evaluating MoP SV pvp as it is...

Remember that in Surv, serpent could be considered mandatory, as it regenerates focus.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narakamos View Post
    Remember that in Surv, serpent could be considered mandatory, as it regenerates focus.
    good point, is focus an issue in pvp in MoP if you specc Thrill of the hunt?
    Also with the removal of Hawk-Fox sillyness that might change a bit too (not that much in the end...).

But yes, I forgot about that change to serpent making it more important of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scum bucket View Post
    Thats a joke if you believe Marks is the best spec out of the 3 hunter specs for arena. In what possible way is Marks better then the other two specs?
    BM pet's are screwed up with pathing issues and just having an NPC doing tons of damage which is easily avoided apart from once every minute even then, on blades edge or dalaran if they jump down and los your pet you can't port with kc or blink strike so that's your whole burst gone.
    Survival will never be viable without dispel protection, the fact that we don't have this is a joke.
    Therefore marks is the best spec, most of the damage is reliant on the hunter, you gain the use of RoS through cunning pet's + an extra CC from crane, Chim + AiS both need buffs for the spec to be really viable with it, but currently i see no problems with it in arena the only thing i can't do well is MM in 2s, bm is still king there.
    But when queueing @ 2k i do the same damage as frost mages and warriors and other classes atm.