Can't seem to solo TK anymore

I get cc'd crazily and he even rez's his friends before I have killed all the weapons. And my void walker is useless he loses his mind and walks in circles.

Anyone else have issues?

You have to multidot the weps, kill the shield and daggers first b/c they kick, and pick up the staff

Click the staff when you have it equipped and just kill everything. Don't know how else I can help you

10+ Year Old Account
    It's extremely easy to solo this place as Demonology with Grimoire of Sacrifice. (I use GoS because of his whole "mind control you when you have pets" thing) and the glyph of Demon Hunting.

-Keep your Felguard out for the time being -

For phase 1, it's as simple as single-targeting the 4 minibosses one at a time. You shouldn't even need to leave the room. Note that Unbound Will will clear CCs put on you by Grand Astromancer Capernian, but she will probably put one right back on you after you clear it off. I use this to remove Remote Toy just as Telonicus is dying. Save whatever demonic fury you can in this portion - which shouldn't be difficult given the extremely small health pools of the minibosses.

For phase 2, blow Meta and keep Immolation Aura active. Use your Felguard's Felstorm to quickly take 'em all down, and cancel Meta as soon as possible, or the last weapon or two is about to drop. Pick up the Staff of Disintegration, and click it to activate the aura.

For phase 3, stand on Capernian's corpse, and target her down first. Tab-dot the other two if you like. Conserve your demonic fury, Dark Soul and Wild Imp Swarm (if you're using that glyph) during this part - it isn't hard with the staff aura active. Sacrifice your Felguard now.

For phase 4 and 5, Kael'thas can't really touch you at all now. Pop all available CDs on him, and put as much hurt into him as you can. If your life starts to dip drastically, you can swap over to Dark Apotheosis and drain-spam him back up, or until your healthstone comes off of CD.

Deleted
    My last kills were as affliction-GoSac. But again, it's so easy any spec will do.
    I kill Telonicus in P1 before the first Remote Toy. Summon your voidwalker to tank the shield (so that you don't get CS). Multidot the weapons, Cosmic Infuser first, they all die in a few secs. P3 dot all the advisors, they can't really hurt you at lvl90. P4 just burn, Kael' goes into P5 before he even casts Pyroblast. Burn burn in P5, avoid the clouds and fall damage, collect your mount. Everything's easy except the last part
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-11-10 at 11:02 PM.

I perosnally prefer destro for ember tap. If oyu're level 90, you should be able to just spam fel flame on the advisors, drop rain of fire for the weapons and kill them, using instants on the shield first to avoid interrupts. Grab the staff and focus the fearing guy and the slow guy for advisor phase, then just beat the others down. If you're having trouble surviving, save your ember taps for heals. Oh, and use Grimoire of Sacrifice for sure.

Try to get into Kael'thas with full embers, make srue you have your staff buff, and pop dark soul then and hit him with however many chaos bolts you can afford. THis should work, I can almost kill the first 3 phases with fel flame alone and maybe one ember tap, even back before i had raid gear.

In response to your specific concerns: DOn't use a pet. Don't sweat the CC's on the first advisors (though if you can kill Telonicus before remote toy, that's useful). Kill the shield first and grab the staff as soon as you want to, and make sure to use its on use. Kill the fear guy first and you should have no more CC for the rest of the fight.

it's very easy as destro or affliction, both with GoSac and Soul leach .. at level 90 u dont even need ember tap (at least i don't)
    here is a video of myself soloing it back at 85, use the same concept it should be easy, hope this helps and it drops for you!
    can't post links sadly

edit: make sure u kill the shield and daggers first use instants if necessary, then equip the staff and click it to get the immunity to cc buff
    edit: just look for Warlock Solo Kael it should be the first one (same as this poster username) on youtube
    Last edited by skullzbh; 2012-11-11 at 02:27 PM.

I don't even use Ember Tap during the fight at all and phase 4 doesnt last long enough for Kael to either cast pyroblast or summon a phoenix.

Don't use a pet and you won't get MC'd. It's extremely easy now to solo that place now yourself as demo.

If you do want to use a pet, it's still easy to avoid MC. Let your pet tank while you hide behind a statue and once he says "Obey Me", you can go out and dps him for 30 sec, which is more than enough time to kill him.

Sac pet after the adds die the second time. Use any spec and grab the Soul Leech talent. All you need to kill him easy.

I soloed it with ease on a priest and a druid, so i cant see why you should have any problems on a lock

Deleted
    Destro with GoSac, and it's VERY easy!

I'm not sure how many times this has to be repeated so I'll try be extra super clear when I tell you this again:

YOU CAN NO LONGER GET MIND CONTROLLED IF YOU USE A PET ON THE KAEL'THAS ENCOUNTER IN TEMPEST KEEP.'

If you have problems use Voidwalker/Voidlord and pull everything out of his room. Demo is also recommended since your imps/pet will do a lot of damage while you are stuck in a CC.

Clear the trash in the first room as well the corridors to 2nd/3rd boss. Kill the council as far away from eachother as possible. Start on the engineer to get rid of his debuff asap then go at the mage since her CC's are the most annoying. No need to pick up any weapons on level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    YOU CAN NO LONGER GET MIND CONTROLLED IF YOU USE A PET ON THE KAEL'THAS ENCOUNTER IN TEMPEST KEEP.
    I think you're misunderstanding it, Bonkura. Kael CAN and WILL eventually mind control you if you are not his primary target - that is how the boss is designed. The bug that was recently fixed made him MC you as soon as a pet appeared on his threat table, regardless of whether you were his primary target or not. It is now working the way it should be, meaning he will attempt to cast mind control on any player who is not his primary target.

Kill the council as far away from eachother as possible. Start on the engineer to get rid of his debuff asap then go at the mage since her CC's are the most annoying. No need to pick up any weapons on level 90.
    Why wouldn't you use the staff, unless you like being mass CCed...? That's intentionally making it harder for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Why wouldn't you use the staff, unless you like being mass CCed...? That's intentionally making it harder for yourself.
    I haven't used the staff once since I hit 90, dps is high enough that at WORST you get 1 CC on you. Voidy tanks the adivisors in P1 so that in P3 when they respawn they all go to him. I pick off capernian, telonicus, and thaladred and leave up sanguinar until remote toy falls off, switch voidy for succy or FH, nuke away p4 then hide during the transition to avoid the disorient he casts during the transition. If anything the staff just slows you down since you would be missing out on so much SP and secondary stats.

I think things like "I never use Ember Tap it's so easy" might not be that helpful to the OP. No offense to him/her but they're obviously not playing at the level where this fight is trivial, so providing survivability tips is probably better than just saying "omg it's so easy"