Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How you like the new Item Upgrade Feature

Have tested it on PTR, and I start to feel I like it. Mainly because of PvP Gear. I didn't like the change when Blizzard nerf our PvP gear because of PvE Advantage using them, still this thing will bring us ability to upgrade it +8 item lvl, and give us really nice stats, specially for PvP Weapons.

One good thing is, after you get BiS Gear, you can then farm Valor / Conq points to upgrade it, so you won't be bored. And of course finally something where you can spend your capped points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I freaking love this feature, more flexiblity on things to spend VP once you are in BiS gear or just want to boost your perfomance a bit (+8 itemlevel) is quite a bit statwise.

Very welcomened change, also is nice that you can use JP to upgrade JP gear as well, basicly the same mechanic for pvp gear. Cant wait for this feature, im still in progression ofcourse so i probably wont use it much until i get pretty much everything BiS (pre heroic), but its nice overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very much looking forward to this feature. Very nice to get extra stats and extra ilvls off of the same gear without having to wait for "that next piece" to drop you can better what you already have, and nice to have something to spend points on after everything is eventually capped too.

Deleted
    yeah it's great, I hope we can upgrade darkmoon trinkets with it.

I'm looking forward to it, its a much better system.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yeah it's great, I hope we can upgrade darkmoon trinkets with it.
    U shouldn't buy that. Why u need damn darkmoon trinket, when u can better with conquest points ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    U shouldn't buy that. Why u need damn darkmoon trinket, when u can better with conquest points ?
    The darkmoon trinkets will i presume be BIS this whole tier, like the cata ones that almost pwned through to end of t12.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Helmbreaker Medallion
    Iron Belly Wok

VS

Relic of Xuen

For 10k gold I can say ok, but for 30k gold nowai

Conquest? As in, PvP trinkets? Lalz.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 12:39 PM ----------

Helmbreaker Medallion
    Iron Belly Wok

VS

Relic of Xuen

You do realize that faction will be released in 5.1 (probably in a few months) and then you need REVERED?
    You will get the 30k like 10 times by that time.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Helmbreaker Medallion
    Iron Belly Wok

VS

Relic of Xuen

Strength proc vs crit or haste use

nice try DMF waaaay better
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Conquest? As in, PvP trinkets? Lalz.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 12:39 PM ----------

You do realize that faction will be released in 5.1 (probably in a few months) and then you need REVERED?
    I still don't wanna give 30k gold for darkmoon trinket.
    Well all gear u buy from new faction currency is Conquest points :/

4 Days for Honored Repuation
    8 days for Revered, if I have calculated good for Humans.

Deleted
    feels just another way to keep ppl busy by giving them yet another time sink. ( ok you got all your shiny conquest gear now, now upgrade it all to stay competetive )

An old feature used in alot of MMOs. Glad to see wows finally getting one.

My only question is weather or not it is 100% chance or if there is a chance of failure. Assuming because of the cap, that it can't. Personally I woulda rather seen a capless one that just has a chance(higher as you go higher) of failing and reverting the item back to +0. This would give players an infinite reason to keep farming jp/hp/vp/cp as well as a fun gambling element.

Deleted

I love my Darkmoon trinket it's 3k extra spirit almost all the time. But one thing about it I hate, Light of Dawn while on the trinket proc, change the spell so much it blinds everyone. It's annoying as hell and I hope it will be hotfixed asap.

Can all items be upgraded or only the ones that aren't already at max itemlevel.

For example can the items from the last heroic raid boss(the highest itemlevel drop you can get) also be upgraded ?

Sadly I cannot confirm can you upgrade Heroic Raid item :/
    I think we need to seek up the answer from some guy that copy his char with Heroic Raid Gear :/

The main problem is atm PTR copy character is not working

Deleted
    Love the idea of the feature, just hope it doesn't cost a ton of Valor for each upgrade? Anyone know the maths?

One good thing is, after you get BiS Gear, you can then farm Valor / Conq points to upgrade it, so you won't be bored.
    You're joking, right? "not bored" and "farm points" in the same sentence?

This is a minuscule system that changes absolutely nothing about WoW's fundamental issues over the last few years. It is a diversion, a nice to have, not need to have. Same with the transmogging, same with reforging. Bandaid fixes to things that really aren't high priority, or at least shouldn't be if there was an ounce of sense and honesty left in Blizzard HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    As someone who would struggle to get 10k gold in a week, this is a much better option for me. I might be revered by early January assuming this comes out a couple weeks into December.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Love the idea of the feature, just hope it doesn't cost a ton of Valor for each upgrade? Anyone know the maths?
    2x 750 valor points for LFR / Normal Raid Gear (since u can upgrade it two times +4 levels).
    I can't say anything about heroic raid one :/