Deleted

When will WoW levelling die?

Now I saw a thread earlier and it got me thinking...say if WoW is still popular in 10 years time and perhaps 3-4 new expanations have come.

You will be for example lvl 140 needing to level to 145 that would take a monstrous amount of Xp and time, how the hell are blizzard going to keep going if levelling is going to take sooooooo much longer, lets look at xp rates, in the last 3 expansions the Xp just went BOOM and if it keeps going, where will we end up.

Not only that but thinking of lvling a charecter from 1 to 145 just makes me die a little inside lol.

I know that Xp scales with quests and such but it's going to come to a point where it's just overwhelming.

Do you think there will ever be a final level cap, or do you think Xp will be nerfed.

Or what is the solution and do you see my point?

Just imagine seeing a requirement of 500m Xp needed to level lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling gets quicker with each expansion. At some point they'll have to do something to prevent a level-up from every quest, but realistically actually getting to maximum level is probably never going to be a problem. The only daunting thing will be the number itself.

It doesnt matter if levels require 500M XP as long as quests and mobs give enough to keep the leveling take about the same time as it has before. (leveling 85-90 didnt take more time than leveling 80-85).
    And they have nerfed XP requirements many times already, before latest nerfs it took about the same time to level 1-60 than it now takes to level 1-80.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt leveling will ever die. An overhaul/change to them is defiantly welcome quest hubs are kind of tired method of grabbing a quest and running back to the NPC rinse and repeat. There are other options to do this and it should be adopted.

As soon as it stops being about progressing your character. So never.

Deleted
    well, they can just make flat levelling progression, every level would require same amount of xp.

If it dies, then it's no longer an mmorpg in my opinion. Leveling = huge part of it, and I believe that some of us that have been around for a while tend to forget the feeling of leveling a toon for the VERY first time in this game.

That being said, they will most likely make changes and perhaps even "squish" levels together somehow. I really hope they won't adopt the leveling of other mmorpgs. They have the different options, WoW can keep the traditional questhub and getting to READ the story instead of trying to catch it on the go with talking npcs or signs or whatever.

Leveling is already tweaked a lot, for example I took a toon from 80 to 85 in about 5 hours played added. Granted, this was with rested xp but I doubt it'd been much slower without since I didn't do any dungeons, nor farmed mobs for xp. I remember keeping at it for a lot longer at the start of Cata.

It might scare off completely new players though, since they do not know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    well, they can just make flat levelling progression, every level would require same amount of xp.
    Like the Geneforge series, for instance. As you level, though, mobs give progressively less XP so it takes longer, but in the end you still find yourself racking up the levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Leveling 1-90 is like.. twice as fast as 1-60 once were.

I think we're fine.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cap levels at 100 and then give extra levels like Prestige levels, where the player can get stronger abilities and transmog/title shit.

I hope there'll be a "final level", because putting that down in stone might convince Blizzard to look into downlevelling and similar systems which help to make old content actually feel relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will have to do something else other then leveling. Because it will get to the point where you only do a few quest in a zone then ding making the rest of the zone pointless. I am sure blizz don't want to make content for people just doing loremaster.

Maybe Path of the Titans was a way of testing this idea.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Paths_of_the_Titans

For those who don't know about it.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Now I saw a thread earlier and it got me thinking...say if WoW is still popular in 10 years time and perhaps 3-4 new expanations have come.

You will be for example lvl 140 needing to level to 145 that would take a monstrous amount of Xp and time, how the hell are blizzard going to keep going if levelling is going to take sooooooo much longer, lets look at xp rates, in the last 3 expansions the Xp just went BOOM and if it keeps going, where will we end up.

Not only that but thinking of lvling a charecter from 1 to 145 just makes me die a little inside lol.

I know that Xp scales with quests and such but it's going to come to a point where it's just overwhelming.

Do you think there will ever be a final level cap, or do you think Xp will be nerfed.

Or what is the solution and do you see my point?

Just imagine seeing a requirement of 500m Xp needed to level lol
    Leveling never got slower, you got bored.

The exp needed and gold and items from quests grows just as much as what you need each expansion.
    So that say it took 100 quests to go from 80 to 85 well then its 100 to get from 85 to 90.

Its not bad i think your burned out or bored try Guild wars 2.