View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The "war on drugs" has been a grand fiasco. So, why not treat marijuana like you would alcohol. Tax it and regulate it like alcohol. Easier to control that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    For the sake of liberty it should be legal with whatever regulations individual states wish to place on it (as is stipulated constitutionally). That being said, anyone who uses it is a fool, should be fired by whoever employs them, and should be shunned by society in general. A great many things should be legal, yet societally shunned by any decent portion of society.
    Please elaborate on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Please elaborate on this.
    I thought it was fairly straight forward.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was fairly straight forward.
    It wasn't. I'm still waiting on you to pull a response out of your ass for it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-11 at 01:45 PM.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaboom View Post
    The "war on drugs" has been a grand fiasco. So, why not treat marijuana like you would alcohol. Tax it and regulate it like alcohol. Easier to control that way.
    I agree with taxing it. but I'd rather it not be taxed as highly as alcohol since it is a far far safer substance. It should be taxed like anything else. If your state has a 8.5% sales tax, it should be taxed at that rate.

I'm all for a full legalization of weed.
    Benefits of legalization:
    -Easy access to harmless drug
    -Government-regulated quality control (means higher THC-levels, lower to no pesticide levels, no cheating/mixing/other nasty stuff)
    -Great source of tax revenue!
    -Weed-related crime-rates plummet (I think just about every country has weed-raids; these wouldn't be lucrative with legal weed)
    -Lower hard-drug user count. Seriously, this. People who have easy access to weed are less likely to use things like crack, coke and other detrimental stuff.

One downside: Heavy use of marijuana can lead to all sorts of (mild) complication. Social withdrawal, fall in productivity, safety issues in traffic and so on. But the risks and dangers are far less hefty (and far less frequent) than those of alcohol, which is both more addictive and more destructive.

It should be 21 just like alcohol. When your 18 you think your an "adult" but your brain is still far from adulthood.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't. I'm still waiting on you to pull a response out of your ass for it.
    Please elaborate on your issues with what I stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Are you trolling?
    I am not.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

I guess I just don't care either way.

I don't even smoke anymore but I think it should be legalized. The only reason this whole thing is such a taboo is because its been demonized for so long. In my opinion you are much worse off drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-11-11 at 05:33 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Are you trolling?

I knew it was a bad idea for Netflix to add "Reefer Madness" to the Instant Queue.
    People like him should be shunned by society for attempting to be a morally superior person while at the same time wishing so much misfortune on people for no good reason.

Okay. My issue is: You make a hateful statement, yet fail to back it up with reasoning. That makes your opinion automatically invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I'm all for a full legalization of weed.
    Benefits of legalization:
    -Easy access to harmless drug
    -Government-regulated quality control (means higher THC-levels, lower to no pesticide levels, no cheating/mixing/other nasty stuff)
    -Great source of tax revenue!
    -Weed-related crime-rates plummet (I think just about every country has weed-raids; these wouldn't be lucrative with legal weed)
    -Lower hard-drug user count. Seriously, this. People who have easy access to weed are less likely to use things like crack, coke and other detrimental stuff.

One downside: Heavy use of marijuana can lead to all sorts of (mild) complication. Social withdrawal, fall in productivity, safety issues in traffic and so on. But the risks and dangers are far less hefty (and far less frequent) than those of alcohol, which is both more addictive and more destructive.
    It isn't harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Medical use only. It's illegal for a reason. Those who can't see or understand why it's illegal are probably still in their teenage years wanting to experiment with what's out there.

I'm 23 and I see no point in smoking it.
    Its illegal because the paper industry didnt want to compete with hemp and Nixon wanted to get back at the hippies smoking it protesting the Vietnam War. A lot of drugs are illegal because of things like racism or social issues or international politics but not because they are bad for you (they are still bad for you but thats not why they are illegal).

10+ Year Old Account
    People like him should be shunned by society for attempting to be a morally superior person while at the same time wishing so much misfortune on people for no good reason.
    So while trying to get marijuana legalized, you attack not only those who don't want it legalized, but also those who state that they wish it legalized but don't sing overtures to its goodness. Do you really expect to win any support that way? If you want to know why it’s so hard to legalize it, maybe it’s because of supporters like you demonizing everyone who doesn't support your wastefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Okay. My issue is: You make a hateful statement, yet fail to back it up with reasoning. That makes your opinion automatically invalid.
    What harmful statement?

10+ Year Old Account

I am not.
    I did. I highlighted what I had issues with, in what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It isn't harmless.
    Did you read the entire post before replying to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Medical use only. It's illegal for a reason. Those who can't see or understand why it's illegal are probably still in their teenage years wanting to experiment with what's out there.

I'm 23 and I see no point in smoking it.
    I am 25, I have no interest in smoking it, I would have never have even tried it if one of my organs weren't failing at the time putting me in excruciating pain. I cannot find a single legitimate reason as to why this drug should be outlawed - in ANY form. If you can link me to a single scientific paper written in the last 3 years, I will gladly discuss this farther, however the only reason I know of as to why Marijuana was outlawed, was because of the huge fight between Cigarettes and Marijuana - and Americas focus of the time to eliminate all drugs, except Caffeine and Nicotine.

For the sake of liberty it should be legal with whatever regulations individual states wish to place on it (as is stipulated constitutionally). That being said, anyone who uses it is a fool, should be fired by whoever employs them, and should be shunned by society in general. A great many things should be legal, yet societally shunned by any decent portion of society.
    Why? It's one of the safest pain reliever in the world. It's also quite potent for its small risk. It's power is comparable to 800Mg Ibuprophen, or low doses of any perscription pain reliever, while having little to no negative side effects - especially when Vaporized.

It isn't harmless.
    Prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So while trying to get marijuana legalized, you attack not only those who don't want it legalized, but also those who state that they wish it legalized but don't sing overtures to its goodness. Do you really expect to win any support that way?

What harmful statement?
    I attacked no one. I simply stated that people who have this pseudo morality that you have exhibited and yet wish so much misfortune on people are the true pariah. I'm still waiting on an answer to my first request. Or do you plan on trying to derail this because you have no response to it?

It isn't harmless.
    Besides inhaling the smoke from smoking weed(just like tobacco) it is harmless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.