Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh, look. Only one Ret Paladin as well. They probably would have replaced it if they had the chance.

If you look, the only dps they have more than one of are Demo Warlocks, Fire Mages, Balance Druids, and Ele Shaman.
    Every other dps spec was either not represented or only had 1 in the group. There were no spriests in the group, for example. Just because your class wasn't used, that doesn't mean it's bad. Hell, if being underrepresented meant that your class needed buffs, Ret would have had the most buffs in every patch note from TBC to mid-Cataclysm.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrogue View Post
    Your thoughts?
    That every world first kill should have exactly 2.27(repeating of course) members of every class represented, or Blizzard has FAILED at making classes balanced. If only they could make every class do the exact same thing in all the exact same ways...then it would be perfect, AMIRITE!? better yet, why not delete 7 classes and make only 4 classes with 1 spec each so you could have a tank a heals class, a ranged DPS class, and a melee DPS class. Ranged and Melee DPS would need to have the exact same abilities though, only with a 40 yard distance for the ranged classes. Then everything could be exactly equal!
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2012-11-11 at 06:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    10 combo points envenom CT FoK. Yeah, It's not hard as mut.
    That's the best way to max poison dmg in an aoe burst.
    I don't get what you're trying to argue here, Rogue AoE is inferior to all the classes they used.

Deleted
    its probably just that they found more utility in other classes or just that there rogues were under preforming? who knows lets wait for there interview?

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    That every world first kill should have exactly 2.27(repeating of course) members of every class represented, or Blizzard has FAILED at making classes balanced. If only they could make every class do the exact same thing in all the exact same ways...then it would be perfect, AMRITE!? better yet, why not delete 7 classes and make only 4 classes with 1 spec each so you could have a tank a heals class, a ranged DPS class, and a melee DPS class. Ranged and Melee DPS would need to have the exact same abilities though, only with a 40 yard distance for the ranged classes. Then everything could be exactly equal!
    lol <3 this

Quote Originally Posted by Zace View Post
    I don't get what you're trying to argue here, Rogue AoE is inferior to all the classes they used.
    Again, Not true. If you time it right it's not as bad as you think.

One world first guild didn't use your class for 1 encounter. The sky is falling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    One world first guild didn't use your class for 1 encounter. The sky is falling.

Pretty much this as well,

Would I be wrong if I guessed this fight has a lot of AoE? Because outside of Blade Flurry Rogue AoE dps is laughable.
    I highly doubt it has anything to do with AoE otherwise there would be a shit ton of lolfrostdks.

Deleted
    now im just saying some random number, so dont take these number as a fact.
    lets say their ret did 200k dps and their rogue did 195k. then they would pick the ret just becuase of those 5k extra to maximize their chance of world first.
    195k is still good but not as good as 200k.

pretty decent
    pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipowder View Post
    I think you may be wrong with saying its laughable i have seen a few rogues pump out some big numbers with a combination of crimson-tempest and there other aoe abilities
    Looks like people here don't know the meaning of min/maxing

15+ Year Old Account
    I made one assumption about why they didn't bring a Rogue and all the armchair generals are up in arms, pretty hilarious. Please tell me more about how I should be playing my class when you have nothing to base it on. It's like chat on livestreams.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    rogues aside, I think it's important to note that there were almost no meeles, if there were 2 tanks and 1 ret pally, then the reason is not that it's a personal vendetta towards rogues, it's more like the fight is favoring ranged or that meele might represent a complication to the fight that can't be avoided.

Guilds at this level will always find the way to the prize thru the path of less resistance. If the fight is ranged friendly, the composition will be ranged. If the fight is meele friendly they'll get a meele heavy comp.

Learn what? How to spam FoK and CT better, please man.
    No - it really is good as mut.

Quote Originally Posted by calculating View Post
    Looks like people here don't know the meaning of min/maxing

Min/maxing is diff than someone saying our aoe sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    rogues aside, I think it's important to note that there were almost no meeles, if there were 2 tanks and 1 ret pally, then the reason is not that it's a personal vendetta towards rogues, it's more like the fight is favoring ranged or that meele might represent a complication to the fight that can't be avoided.

Guilds at this level will always find the way to the prize thru the path of less resistance. If the fight is ranged friendly, the composition will be ranged. If the fight is meele friendly they'll get a meele heavy comp.
    Like calculating said it's about min/maxing, most people don't understand how important it is when you're trying to push for world firsts because they've never raided in a top-end guild.

Rogues are GREAT right now in PvE.

Feint the rings/force&verve
    Feint/Shadowstep for the AoE cleave on Bladelord
    Blade Flurry for Garalon
    Good burst and AoE for Windlord
    Blade Flurry and Feint for AmberShaper

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues OP in t13. Heaps of forum spam.
    Rogues UP in t14. Heaps of forum spam.

Don't think we can win against it.

OT. Get over it, one whole raid group. It's 6 bosses/16 bosses.
    Were rogues not used in MSV? No, they were, now stop complaining.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglio View Post
    0 DPS DK's your thoughts?
    Good catch, you forgot to mention the lack of enhancement shaman, prot warriors, destro locks, and MM hunters. My thoughts are not every class and spec is equal and Blood Legion decided to play to the strengths of classes.

You could just admit you made a mistake in your first post instead of trying to make it seem like I'm somehow incorrect in my statement.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-11-11 at 06:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post

Without going through and studying the mechanics and thinking about Empress on 25H, this is the most likely explanation. If you're minimizing melee, why bring a rogue? I'm not saying our class is broken, but there's no good answer. On 10, there are fights you MAY value having a rogue around to "break" mechanics more often than 25 (outside of hurr-de-durr Garalon feint-tanking)... it's not like it'd be the first time 25s have tried to get rid of every melee ever except for that-one-that-brings-the-buff-we-need-and-has-all-the-gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahdehl doesn't know how to stay alive, it's why he wasn't in. ^^

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)