Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Reboot. Back to level 60 and vanilla but with current popular changes.

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I haven't found a thread on it and so I wanted to start one to see what people think. I do not believe that WoW can sustain itself for much longer (more than a few years). I don't want to be level 110 with an ever widening gap and longer levelling process. So how about this: lets revert back to Old World. Back to level 60, with BWL and MC and AQ (and probably a lot of other new raids), no flying mounts, improved graphics/models, but yet keep things like dungeon finder or dual talent or whatnot. Is this possible? Maybe. Is it ever going to happen? No. But let's just pretend that Blizzard asked us what we wanted. And don't just post "ur dumb lol" or "blizzard will never do that so it doesn't matter." Tell me what you think, and add what you would love to go back to from vanilla. Oh, and level 60 naxxramas. That shit was awesome.

So if the current popular change would be level 90 then doesn't that just fuck up your whole plan?

I don't understand what the point would be, other than removing 70% of the game.

Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    lol, your idea would kill WoW, not saved it. Going back is never good solution espeacially with WoW is improving all the time.
    Stupid idea is stupid.

Deleted
    Never going to happen but I would like to see a server per continent just as an option. I never played vanilla but from what I've heard about it, I don't think I would want to unless I could wipe my mind of anything related to WoW. Being a noob is what made vanilla WoW so good for a lot of people, going back to it now would be utterly terrible.

The game has evolved past the simplicity of vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lets all go backwards, play a private server if your so bend on playing classic.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP is still stuck in the past and refusing to progress the future =/

10+ Year Old Account
    have you seen the raid mechanics of the old bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    have you seen the raid mechanics of the old bosses.
    this^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    I don't think I would want to unless I could wipe my mind of anything related to WoW. Being a noob is what made vanilla WoW so good for a lot of people, going back to it now would be utterly terrible.

The game has evolved past the simplicity of vanilla.
    This. This. This. Thisssss. THIS. THIS. THIS. THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS A MILLION TIMES THIS.

15+ Year Old Account
    An analogy:

"Hey guys, check it out - everyone hates our latest Halo games, right? Of course they do, I say they're shit so therefore everyone thinks Halo 3 and 4 were awful. I mean, come on, seriously, they're NOTHING like as good as original Halo was, right? So here's what we're gonna do - let's just stop making new games and re-release the original Halo again. Everyone will rush to buy it. Of course they will. Seriously, who doesn't want to go out and buy the game again? I know I do, so everyone does. Simple. And then we can all play original Halo again and forget all about doing anything new."

That's what this idea is.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What is the point of doing this?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Oh, and level 60 naxxramas. That shit was awesome.
    I'm also going to go out on a limb and state that you never raided level 60 Naxx.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    An analogy:

"Hey guys, check it out - everyone hates our latest Halo games, right? Of course they do, I say they're shit so therefore everyone thinks Halo 3 and 4 were awful. I mean, come on, seriously, they're NOTHING like as good as original Halo was, right? So here's what we're gonna do - let's just stop making new games and re-release the original Halo again. Everyone will rush to buy it. Of course they will. Seriously, who doesn't want to go out and buy the game again? I know I do, so everyone does. Simple. And then we can all play original Halo again and forget all about doing anything new."

That's what this idea is.
    Didnt they release the anniversary edition recently which was more or less Halo 1 with updated graphics and that sold rather well? I agree with the point you are making but just though it was funny that you happened to use Halo >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So if the current popular change would be level 90 then doesn't that just $%^& up your whole plan?
    Xeraxis has a good point: "current popular changes" could include tons of things people would argue about. That said, I would love a BC realm.

Deleted
    This idea is totally new and was never brought up before.
    On a serious note, why would you remove 80% of the content to have only content that still exists (besides original Naxx/Ony)? It's like removing all books in a library except that one book everyone already knows, calling it more fun to read it over and over again.

Not really a fan of the idea, i'd rather just play a new WoW clone MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some good private servers if you want to play vanilla. Hell, that's what I did, canceled my sub year ago, and played on some private servers (not too much though, since everything is better in memories :P)
    Mindless...