Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If it is any consolation, there is a "No rogues in the World First soandso kill". So you are not the only one neglected. I believe stacking and min / maxing just happens the most at the top level and that is that.
    One fight compare to many fight across many guilds?

Brewmasters currently have representation in 3/6H HoF. The sky is not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    Brewmasters currently have representation in 3/6H HoF. The sky is not falling.
    And that is evidence of what to you exactly? That only means that a handful of people would rather play BrM than completely min/max.

Quote Originally Posted by initialt View Post
    Yea, Brotherbrian of Midwinter. I've been following him for quite so time. The most interesting thing is that he appears to disagree somewhat with the generally accepted stat priority for brewmasters. He gears for mastery.

A quote from him on wow forums: "I'm not sure why you totally discount mastery; as far as I'm concerned it is the most effective way at both mitigating damage and increasing your worst case time to death. I consider it the most potent stat for progression tanking."

If you armory him, you'll notice he gems quite a few 320 mastery gems.
    Riggnaros also gems mastery on his monk last time I checked, and I believe he played it on Gara Heroic for a few kills.

Because they aren't as good as the other choices while undergeared...

Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    And that is evidence of what to you exactly? That only means that a handful of people would rather play BrM than completely min/max.
    I should qualify my statement. World of Logs has monks in up to 3/6H HoF.

In other news, world second kill on Shekzeer (world second 25 man kill) had a brewmaster.

Didn't take me long to find one, did it?

PS: Wraith's used a brewmaster named Kit in their Shekzeer kill

So, out of the six guilds that have Shekzeer Heroic kills... 2 of them are using brewmasters. 2/12 tanking slots = 1/6th, close enough to 1/5th to say that no. The sky is NOT falling.
    Last edited by Disgruntler; 2012-11-13 at 05:19 PM.

Because they are not top tanks, simple as that, Dks and paladins are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    Lack of Brewmasters in the world first race
    ...is a fiction.

Method used one. Wraith used one.

I'm sorry, but this is flat out misinformation to say Brewmasters aren't. It's qq over a rumor that no one bothered to check up on.

Method's video even shows it from the Brewmaster's point of view, ffs.

A better question is: Why is it that no one is talking about why Method and Wraith used brewmaster tanks. What do they know that you don't?

Discuss.

Deleted
    World first empress kill by Blood Legion had a brewmaster in it aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Caelir View Post
    World first empress kill by Blood Legion had a brewmaster in it aswell

I couldn't verify it so I didn't want to say it. EDIT: Oh yeah, looking at their kill video I see Guard everywhere, the Cowlamp sitting there spinning nicely.

Brewmasters are NOT as reliant on gear as some people claim. Much of their mitigation comes in the form of active abilities which don't scale with anything, and those that do scale with vengeance. Most monk 'squishiness' issues have to do with not understanding their class--simple fact.

I mean when you're guaranteed to avoid 40-70% of hits against you depending on brew uptime, and then while only a quarter of that gets armor'd, you straight up reduce it by another quarter... leaving only 25% of those hits which then get taken care of by stagger...

Monks are not in a bad place when it comes to smoothing damage. They take spikes less often AND dull the spikes' impact considerably. That alone makes them a viable candidate particularily when coupled with their ability to pool resources while offtanking, and their amazing raid healing.

So much upside.
    Last edited by Disgruntler; 2012-11-13 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked (been a few weeks) the top five heroic guilds on Stormrage all used BrM + Plate combo's. Seems like there are plenty being used for progression but having to create/level/learn a brand new class at the same time as being at the bleeding edge of progression fights isn't the best idea unless there was something really crazy OP about monk's.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    there was something really crazy OP about monk's.
    Raid absorbs+strong AoE DPS might be all the reason they need.

I think it has a lot more to do with certain other classes being completely broken ATM as far as damage output (as a tank, lawl), healing output (as a tank, lawl), and overall better cooldowns. Not going to point any fingers, but if you have raided so far this tier with a few different classes, should be pretty easy to know what tanks are ridiculous right now... and monks aren't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    Raid absorbs+strong AoE DPS might be all the reason they need.
    This. They are only used in these circumstances, and only because their dps and tank gear are the same.

And these guys are blowing it up like its not an issue, because we are used in some gimmick fights, lol.
    I think the title is misleading. It should be, why are there no BrM MT's.
    Last edited by Obamatheone; 2012-11-13 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Getting used to healing AS a monk isn't the same as having all your healers used to the damage pattern a new style of tank takes.
    If you are a healer in a world top ranked guild and having problem with the damage pattern a monk tank have, then maybe your not good enough to be in that guild. the hole thing with players in top world ranked guild is learning new stuff and encounters faster than others.

10 mans use Brewmasters as well. They are not as good as other tanks unfortunately because of lack of Armor and personal CD's. It is annoying for physical fights.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Blood Legion used a monk tank on their world first empress. But paladins are the strongest tank atm, with monk and warriors at the bottom from what i've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    If you are a healer in a world top ranked guild and having problem with the damage pattern a monk tank have, then maybe your not good enough to be in that guild. the hole thing with players in top world ranked guild is learning new stuff and encounters faster than others.
    Sphh no its not. It's, I hope you don't have anything else to do, because we are going to throw our face into this guys ass for the next 12 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I was looking at a few top guilds and none of them are using brewmasters. I'm just curious about that. Were they wanting to stick with tank classes that were well theorycrafted for the race or did they just not think brewmasters were where they need to be for this type of race? Just a curious question, that's all.
    Least there are some form of Monks I didn't see any rogues on Blood Legion's roster at all. While that might be a fluke, I think more rogues have room to make threads like this than just one spec of a class.

Well one thing to consider. Wearing the same identical gear I tanked through Heart of fear (up to Garalon) then in mogu-vaults tanked 6/6 3/6HM 25. One week I tanked as Haste build, the next as full mastery.

*Vaults comparrison (bm tanking haste vs mastery)
    Stoneguards 25 heroic- 50%haste-50%mastery
    Feng 25 heroic - 70%haste- 30%mastery
    Spiritbinder 25 heroic- 80%mastery- 20%haste
    Kings- 25 norm- 50%haste-50%mastery (doesnt matter, havent downed heroic 25 yet..will likely be mastery)
    Elegon 25 heroic- If you're tanking protectors: 90%mastery 10% haste.. tanking Elegon: 90%haste-10%mastery
    Will of the emp 25 norm- 90%haste-10%mastery. I'd assume the same on heroic.

*Heart of Fear
    Zor'lok 25 norm- 100%haste
    Tay'ak 25 norm- Mastery is actually decent for the strikes and actually is just as spikey to heal as haste build, 55%mastery-45%haste
    Garalon- 100% haste hands down. Anything else is bad (for overall raid optimization) self survival +mitigation+leg dps while taking cleaves
    wind lord 25 norm- Depends on what you are tanking.. adds or boss group. Adds for survivability i'd say Mastery
    *Mastery since if you execute the fight correctly, you wont be tanking adds long enough for the long term benefits of haste other than added aoe dps.
    So going mastery allows for more mitigation from the blunt of the damage while you have the adds during the pull- til the end of the fight as the adds go away
    (NPC mechanics share same health, so killing one mender = all dead) so alot of the off tanks adds will diminish as the fights goes, then when the boss has added speed + dps increase and the mastery monk starts tanking.. the time exposed to the 2nd phased boss shows a better demand for mastery than haste
    Un'sok 25 norm- 80%haste- 20%mastery
    Empress 25 norm- 80%haste- 20%mastery.

These are just my opinions in what I have found to be best for brewmaster per fight when I personally compare friendly fire/ damage taken/ duration of DoT volume etc. The only fights really that I would switch though once your geared enough that normal modes dont really matter.. just go for haste, but when you get into heroic boss attempts, take ALL the encounters mechanics into consideration before thinking HASTE IS best