Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentus View Post
    What?

That's the same man who called for Salman Rushdie to be assassinated because he wrote a novel about Islam. "Yusuf" is trash.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6_2fvhG0s

Remember the 'little ones' in Palestine. Shame on Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6_2fvhG0s

Remember the 'little ones' in Palestine. Shame on Israel.
    Shame on Hamas for putting them in harm's way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be clear about this once and for all, keeping it simple for those unfamiliar with this whole thing - The Palestinians have been kicked out of Egypt and Jordan, and have been forced to live in Syrian-run refugee camps in Lebanon funded by Iran. So five Arab Islamic or mostly Islamic states do not want them. Why the big fuss about the two-state solution? Because the other Arab states not only do not want them, but also want Israel to be stuck with them. They are, shall we say, a tad lacking in diplomatic skills that don''t involve gins and murder. Still, Israel would be willing to give them the West Bank if they would live in peace, and as a test run, they gave them a small slab of territory to the southwest of Israel known as the Gaza Strip. The Palestinians wasted no time in turning that land over to Hamas, a terrorist organization funded by Iran, and so Gaza was immediately used as a launching pad for Hamas rockets designed to kill. Yet having failed that test so miserably, the Arabs still want the Israelis to return the West Bank to the Palestinians, a huge land area that Israel won in the 1967 war and has been used for settling the overpopulated Israeli cities. They won it from Jordan, who publicly protested but were privately thrilled because the Palestinians would be living there and they don't want them. Israel would give up land for peace and has proven it by signing a deal with Egypt in 1978 which gave Egypt the Sinai peninsula, a large piece of land which contains oil and a gigantic natural barrier for Egypt's defensive posturing. In return, Egypt promised peace and to keep the Gaza strip from falling under Hamas control. Islamic radicals murdered the Egyptian prime minister for having the audacity to making peace. How dare he? But both sides nonetheless kept their part of the bargain and there has been peace between the two countries for some 40 years or so. And that brings us to this past week, during which we all know what happened. Much of the Israel-bashing is rooted in anti-semitism, but much more is rooted in oil diplomacy. The bad guys have the oil, and we all know what that means. Bottom line? If the Palestinians really, truly wanted peace, there would be peace tomorrow. But they don't.

Ill be honest im not sure if we are past this part or not but i saw it and thought it would be interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    This is sort of analogous to the far-too-used argument regarding police in the US that goes sort of like this: "If you take out a knife in the presence of a cop that's aiming at you, no matter how far it is, it's your own damn fault for getting shot." Both are are worthless arguments, though, that totally avoid the underlying issue. In the former situation, the issue being the fact that Israel can shoot down any Palestinian missiles headed for Israel using the Iron Dome and other air defense systems, and in the latter situation the problem being that there's something wrong with the police in the US generally.

In both situations, blame is being shifted solely on the victim. In the former situation, people shift all blame onto Hamas and don't recognize that perhaps Israel has to think it through and realize it maybe doesn't need to retaliate when they know Hamas missiles wont do jack to them. In the latter situation, people blame the shot-down person for taking out a knife without recognizing that there's someone else at fault as well, be it the police or the system itself that's allowed the situation to become so dire that police are too fearful, or whatever the reason is, to actually try and handle the situation better and save more lives, regardless of whether that includes the criminal.
    I have a lot of issues with this post, especially since it's coming from a moderator.

But Israel doesn't have ability to shot down 'any missile', and this isn't true 'Hamas missiles wont do jack to them' ... last I looked more than half missiles get through, and 3 people died.
    Besides deaths, there is other damage.

It isn't OK what Hamas is doing, Israel should defend itself.

And don't bash US police.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is sort of analogous to the far-too-used argument regarding police in the US that goes sort of like this: "If you take out a knife in the presence of a cop that's aiming at you, no matter how far it is, it's your own damn fault for getting shot." Both are are worthless arguments, though, that totally avoid the underlying issue. In the former situation, the issue being the fact that Israel can shoot down any Palestinian missiles headed for Israel using the Iron Dome and other air defense systems, and in the latter situation the problem being that there's something wrong with the police in the US generally.

In both situations, blame is being shifted solely on the victim. In the former situation, people shift all blame onto Hamas and don't recognize that perhaps Israel has to think it through and realize it maybe doesn't need to retaliate when they know Hamas missiles wont do jack to them. In the latter situation, people blame the shot-down person for taking out a knife without recognizing that there's someone else at fault as well, be it the police or the system itself that's allowed the situation to become so dire that police are too fearful, or whatever the reason is, to actually try and handle the situation better and save more lives, regardless of whether that includes the criminal.
    Iron dome has a 90% accuracy and there are only 5 in service.... that 10% and the other vast areas not covered are what they dont like
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm familiar with the meaning of the word Semitic, but in modern English anti-Semitic means specifically anti-Jewish. Trying to play semantic games with the etymology of the word is silly.
    It doesn't change the fact that the modern usage of the word is wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I have a lot of issues with this post, especially since it's coming from a moderator.
    mods are people too with opinions. You disagreeing with them is fine and them having them is not a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    My cousin linked this video today of one of the airstrikes landing in a Gaza neighborhood:

There are various live streams up and running too. You can hear the buzzing of the drones continuously. Must be horrible to have that going for such a long time, punctuated only by the booms of the bombs dropping. I saw/heard one of the explosions 5 minutes ago in real time.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-18 at 04:17 AM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks surgical to me. "Innocent people of Gaza, please stay away from Hamas militants. Be sure you're not on the same block as anyone on our kill list, and you should live to attend your brother-in-law's funeral."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that the modern usage of the word is wrong.
    This little semantics debate is so tired and ridiculous. Putting aside the fact that the meanings of words change over time, I would be very surprised if you could present any evidence of the phrase anti-Semitic being used in reference to Arabs, since the term itself was first coined in anti-Jewish pamphlets written by a German in the 19th century. A cursory look at any dictionary or encyclopedia will tell you that the term refers specifically to prejudice against Jews.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    it was israel that broke the ceasefire - they bombed and killed 40 plus people , women and children, and a rocket kills three I am supposed to feel bad for them?
    they are using state of the art warfare to bomb a people that have literally nothing, they should be ashamed

Missiles have hit Israeli soil. And besides, just because the majority of missiles coming into Israel get shot down, that doesn't mean it's okay. It's still an attack and should be met as such.

I'm pretty sure the Iron Dome stops around 60-70% of missiles entering Israel from Gaza. Even so, Israel HAVE to respond. Some people just don't learn their lesson until they're beaten and bloody. It's just a shame that in this case it's a governing body and they employ the tactics they do with storing missile sites near civilian areas. Civilian casualties are unavoidable in those circumstances.

What is Israel supposed to do? Just keep letting Gaza fire missiles without taking out the launch sites etc? That's just absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Missiles have hit Israeli soil. And besides, just because the majority of missiles coming into Israel get shot down, that doesn't mean it's okay. It's still an attack and should be met as such.

I'm pretty sure the Iron Dome stops around 60-70% of missiles entering Israel from Gaza. Even so, Israel HAVE to respond. Some people just don't learn their lesson until they're beaten and bloody. It's just a shame that in this case it's a governing body and they employ the tactics they do with storing missile sites near civilian areas. Civilian casualties are unavoidable in those circumstances.

What is Israel supposed to do? Just keep letting Gaza fire missiles without taking out the launch sites etc? That's just absurd.
    they could give back the land they stole and return to europe and america.... then there would be no problems at all

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    it was israel that broke the ceasefire - they bombed and killed 40 plus people , women and children, and a rocket kills three I am supposed to feel bad for them?
    they are using state of the art warfare to bomb a people that have literally nothing, they should be ashamed
    And Hamas shouldn't be ashamed of siting missiles and launch sites in and around civilian areas that any one with intelligence levels greater than an underdeveloped fetus would understand will ultimately lead to civilian casualties?

If Hamas insist on their aggression and prolonged war with Israel, which they seem to, as it has been going on for over a decade, they should at least move military assets away from the civilian areas. But they won't. They will carry on the way they have done for over a decade and launch missiles from residential areas and then use the consequential death of civilians as propaganda, even though those people died as a direct result of Hamas.

Deleted
    And Hamas shouldn't be ashamed of siting missiles and launch sites in and around civilian areas that any one with intelligence levels greater than an underdeveloped fetus would understand will ultimately lead to civilian casualties?

If Hamas insist on their aggression and prolonged war with Israel, which they seem to, as it has been going on for over a decade, they should at least move military assets away from the civilian areas. But they won't. They will carry on the way they have done for over a decade and launch missiles from residential areas and then use the consequential death of civilians as propaganda, even though those people died as a direct result of Hamas.
    you understand that gaza is a city.... totally walled into the sea by israelis, they cant move stuff out of the city. because the they would be in israel, the israelis have walled them in, have a blockade by sea, and allow no one in or our - then they start bombing, its sickening

you understand that gaza is a city.... totally walled into the sea by israelis, they cant move stuff out of the city. because the they would be in israel, the israelis have walled them in, have a blockade by sea, and allow no one in or our - then they start bombing, its sickening
    Bombing in retaliation to Hamas aggression. Stop firing at Israel and maybe it will stop? Ever considered that? I guess you haven't. Maybe you could join Hamas, it seems you're willingly ignorant enough for their ideals.

Deleted
    Bombing in retaliation to Hamas aggression. Stop firing at Israel and maybe it will stop? Ever considered that? I guess you haven't. Maybe you could join Hamas, it seems you're willingly ignorant enough for their ideals.
    The Israelis have handled the situation so poorly, that it makes me cringe, When the UK was suffering terrorist attacks from the republic of ireland, we didnt just go over there and start bombing civilians, and guess what, we now have full fledged peace with that country and great relations, all thoughts of peace with the arabs can be forgotten when you start leveling cities because someone threw a missile over a wall

Deleted
    they are both as bad as one another, leave em to it i say, jews stole thier land and the other side hides behind women and kids while they fire thier fireworks off and then qq when innocent ppl get hit hoping that the rest of the world will join in and help, im sick of seeing that shit on the news

Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    they are both as bad as one another, leave em to it i say, jews stole thier land and the other side hides behind women and kids while they fire thier fireworks off and then qq when innocent ppl get hit hoping that the rest of the world will join in and help, im sick of seeing that shit on the news
    i agree with this. let the middle east have itself. i honestly believe there is nothing coming to the whole lot of them. their culture is too connected to their beliefs, and there will never be anything but hatred because of it.

The Israelis have handled the situation so poorly, that it makes me cringe, When the UK was suffering terrorist attacks from the republic of ireland, we didnt just go over there and start bombing civilians, and guess what, we now have full fledged peace with that country and great relations, all thoughts of peace with the arabs can be forgotten when you start leveling cities because someone threw a missile over a wall
    I didn't realize RoI was launching hundreds of rockets a year into England.